It is indeed well timed (Better said, very bad timing). My last spell was maxed last weekend, while my troops are already maxed a few weeks. All without speeding up anything, just by upgrading as soon as next upgrade is available.
I don’t care for the event, fine that others who need to upgrade more stuff now can do so (if their spells or troops aren’t in cool down ). But the question remains why this event indeed was not given somewhat sooner, when everyone who didn’t speed up upgrades could have benefit from it?
I suggest a new type of event, which will let every player profit. Introduce an event called time limitation event for a couple of days (2 minimal).
I will explain what I mean with this event:
- Dungeon digging time max 2 days.
- When we are already digging and remaining digging time is longer than 2 days, make it 2 days.
- Newly started digging takes 2 days.
- Upgrade of spell, troops, wave, towers, structures or buildings max 2 days.
- When we are already upgrading and remaining upgrade time is longer than 2 days, make it 2 days.
- Newly started upgrades take 2 days.
- Forge cool down max 12 hours
- When something is forged and needs longer than 12 hours cool down, make cool down 12 hours.
- After forging cool down is 12 hours.
- Farm upgrade.
- Farm needs less than 2 days --> No benefit.
- Farm needs 4 days before upgrade is ready --> becomes 2 days
- A new farm upgrade is started --> 2 days before ready
By such an event everyone will benefit, there is always something in cool down or an upgrade just has been started. Players benefit, since these upgrades/forges will be ready sooner. Also when we want to forge something a few more times this will help. The few forges won’t make that difference, but it will give players a good feeling.