Unintended Behavior When Forging/Refining Uniques a Second Time in a Level

Ok, so just a theory. Thanks.

Just to clarify, it works the exact same way when it’s a same-level gold unique that you’re trying to re-forge with a bronze. The game shouldn’t allow you to attempt to re-forge 2x per ascension level. It’s a bug.

We talked about this boost process, they know how it works, it is intended this way,…glad people read the forum! Uniques forging is misleading.

That achilles shield image, guaranteed the guy forged it initially at low lvl, and lvl’s up maybe 15 lvls, that why it appears to increase with a standard 5* bronze titan item. The stats are very low, so clearly this is the case. Nothing new to see.

I stopped after these 2, as will cost an arm and a leg to reforge in later lvls, cheaper to actually start over with the refine of the unique.

This is a level 131 item refined at level 131 and I’m still level 131.

It’s a bug. You aren’t supposed to be able to forge 2x per ascension level, and it’s messing the item up when you attempt to.

It’s the same bug at play here:

It’s just more dramatic when the refined uniques get involved, because in addition to very, very slightly improving the base stat (which it shouldn’t do), it also reduces the other stats (which it really shouldn’t do).

Phil, what you said is very true. I think that we both have the same view of unique forging, which is why I’d never do it again, unless they change it.

Just a couple more photos to document this issue:

The first one is a silver-refined unique being upgraded by a bronze item.

The second is obviously a gold-forged item being upgraded by a bronze item. There is a 6 level upgrade gap.

I agree that it should be an option to upgrade when perks are there already (when you have refined). And also to change them. That’s why I suggested further use of the double uniques for this purpose. Not easy to change perks and such, but to upgrade or remove, it should be possible. I believe it works exactly as it should on all other aspects.

I don’t think its wrong to use a bronze on a gold item… I am thinking of it actually to boost my physical on my gold refined shield on Cadmus, which I dont want to use anymore actually… because I might want to use a gold on level 150 to refine it again… but in the meantime, its getting out of date in 1-2 levels. (so at 140). But the investment on 131 has paid off… Been using it since with his AP.

To upkeep such a good item, it needs higher maintenance than a normal titan. I do agree that its too expensive to make a new gold and upgrade it, but it can’t be a bronze either, because that is used for a normal shield. Otherwise it would be an exploit. If we can’t agree on that, then we just disagree. Because if we agree, then again the solution is to modify it a bit what we currently have

The cost to make a gold, without max forging of course, since it don’t matter on uniques is about 45 million and 640k wisdom. Not counting the dismantles there… especially titans, because most of the time it’s the whole point. So whats a good figure? A 5* titan brozne and 25 million + 350k wisdom? Which is a bit more than half? I would accept that for example, but currently not possible. It can’t be half or less the cost… everyone would just upgrade once and keep doing it… it has to be more difficult. That’s how I see it.

We could sacrifice 15 titans in the name of the gods???