Unlocking cursed items!

@CaptainMorgan! , don’t you think that unlocking cursed objects by completing similar missions is a real curse? If I haven’t had those heroes in the odyssey for months? There is no point in having random heroes then and when one day the hero will happen to be able to unlock an object, that object will now be obsolete!

Obviously you can do any odyssey adventure with any hero, or use gems to break the curses if you’re worried about them becoming obsolete.

3 Likes

So it’s normal for you?!?!?
I use gems ???
Do I lose the benefits of the honored hero?
Are you with players or do you have a share in Flaregames ???
:shushing_face::thinking::zipper_mouth_face::expressionless::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I use gems to break curses I don’t want to wait for all the time. I’m not going to take a weak hero to war just to break a curse, for example. I might use a different hero than the chosen hero in Odyssey to break a curse, though, especially if I have several cursed items for the same hero that are broken that way.

1 Like

He makes a valid point, you got on my suggestions and have a very bias perception leaning towards defending flaregames … I am also interested to see how many shares you own in their stock or what job position you hold on their staff :grimacing:

3 Likes

The same has happened to me, I try not to spend gems unlocking the titan lvl or god level objects and have had time pass (and several ascension levels) between receiving and unlocking the item.
Basically a simple fix would be to have the item made to the level when you unlock it rather than when you receive it. But could be an FG way of making players spend gems fast to get the most use of the item. But seeing as they have no level marker indicating the level you received the item on, it’s a little bit deceptive, so you have to remember!

1 Like

We used to have about twice as many curses, but people whined about half of them, and now we’re left with only a handful, which increases the odds of getting multiple instances of the same type of curse on the same hero, which leads to the problem in the first post.

Thanks for bringing this up, we will discuss it. As a side note, a rather counter-intuitive question: which curses would you like to see in the game, or rather, which do you think make a more interesting challenge than the ones which currently appear?

2 Likes

I would remove odyssey curses firstly.
Maybe curse items by units instead, like “spawn 100 Minotaurs in battle”. Breaking barriers is one of the best curses imo, but you could also have curses about destroying a number of lapetos, Poseidon towers, etc.

1 Like

My favorite of the current curses is beat the defense with x seconds left. It’s challenging at the high levels, especially with weaker heroes, but you can plan and strategize for a single battle and then you’re done. The other curses are pretty mindless in comparison. It’s hard to think of other mechanics that would work the same way, though. Maybe beat a player with x amount of Fame?

My least favorite of the current curses are the Sell Items of This Type curses. I don’t like selling items better than greens.

1 Like

there was a time when you needed to destroy certain tower or units. gladly it was removed because often some units / towers are simply not used a lot in defenses.
personally i would also not prefer using certain units (i like the one i use every time) but it should be ok, i would just use kadmos then and spam the needed one from time to time.

maybe something that has to do with the forge to motivate players to use it more (if they dont).
e.g. dismantle x items (with number of stars > y) of the same color in the forge.
or: forge an item with a perk (a) value >b (ofc level dependent)

but maybe exclude refinements (this could be part of a task, if you want to add some more in the future)

edit: personally i also dont sell items, i forge them. maybe instead of selling (or in addition) you could add: dismantle x items with 1 star in the forge (or maybe without a star requirement).
make usage that some items are forged just to make higher stars items. could also be „make x items of 4 star of the same color“

4 Likes

Great suggestion!

VVVVVVV That too! Probably difficult to integrate, but a great idea!

1 Like

maybe consider also something social like „test x defenses of an alliance member and give feedback“. ofc if feedback is given cannot be checked.
or: „test the defence of a top 10 member (with the highest troph score) without using invocations and win with 100%-(player level)*y and give feedback“
something like that.

i dont know if recruiting (like invite x players of level >y to our alliance) would be a good idea, but why not discuss/think about something like that also.

2 Likes

also not sure if this is useful, but eventually you could give subtile hints of what is useful. e.g. like „play hero x with a total % of ability y > z%“

Thanks, keep it going if you have more ideas. We will discuss all of these possibilities.

1 Like

lol, so true. I usually sell the cursed objects since they take too long to break the curse. By the time the curse is broken, the item is obsolete. Leveling Pains.

3 Likes

Yep, fix the item lvl to the level it is when it is unlocked not gained.
This would also be nice to have uniques gained from cursed chests (or normally tbh) that wouldn’t need to forge to your current level, I never really understood why a new item that you won is not full strength; this also lessens the pain for some that gain duplicates from cursed unique chests.

1 Like

Make the curse worth breaking by make the item with a third stat that is cursed.

I don’t know if they need to go that far, but a general increase in the stats on cursed items with common perks would make a lot of sense. You typically have to squint hard at them to see how they’re better than a non-cursed item with the same perk. Sometimes they’re virtually identical to normal item.

2 Likes