Upcoming Version 5.3.0 - A Previewed Change to Invocations

Greetings Olympians,

Since 5.3.0 is around the corner, and hopefully being released before the holidays, we wanted to inform you in advance of one of the changes which will be coming.

As the second part of our changes to the way the Island Map and matchmaking will work, we are changing the way that you use Invocations.

The following changes will be coming in version 5.3.0:

• Rather than paying Gems to use an Invocation in battle, you will have a limited “pool” of Invocations. Using an Invocation will reduce the amount you have by 1.
  • In order to fill the pool you need to craft Invocations in the Shrine of Power, this will cost the same amount of Gems as it currently costs to cast an Invocation (and is instant).

As mentioned, this change is being made as part of a larger change, which will include new ways to gain Invocations without paying premium currency, including by capturing Islands on the Island Map. As well as making Invocations a more integrated part of the game, we also intend to reduce the P2W feeling that Invocations can bring.

In 5.3.0, unlocking a Hero will already give you some free Invocations for the new Invocation that Hero unlocks, in addition, we will be introducing bundles where you can buy multiple “charges” for your Invocations at a reduced price. Further changes will come in later versions.

All feedback and criticism welcome.

Best,
- Your Olympus Rising Team

4 Likes

Capture

ROME IS BURNING WHILE NERO FIDDLES.

4 Likes

Thanking FG for this wonderful gift at LEVEL: 148. I will always cherish this item more than my mirror shield…

I kindly request @CaptainMorgan to have these items removed after a player reaches level: 50+. Please check of the possibility in the coming V 5.3.0.

Regarding the invocations:
What would be the total number of Invocation, a player can have at a single point in time?

Apart from earning the invocations by fulfilling missions or level upgrade, if gems are used to craft invocations in the Shrine, its again P2W. What difference does it make?

I believe invocations can be given in the chests, if at all a change in that area is required.

P.S: Considering the current game scenario, I don’t think anybody needs invocations that often except when facing tough gk’s or using Artemis in Odyssey. Thank you FG.

2 Likes

The P2W aspects of the game isn’t in invocations.
As a new player you can’t expect to be able to beat the best and most routined players.
The p2w is in the amount it takes to forge good gear and level up heroes and defences.
The superforge exploit is what makes players stand out. Since FG kept it secret it was only known by a select few for a long time and even now there are no official tutorial for players out of the inner circle.
Invos are fine as they are. No need to change it with new ways.

3 Likes

Is there a set amount of limited, at all times, or does it vary? What is the “usual limited pool” ? Is that like 3 per battle for example? Or “once” each type of invo? Are we changing also the available equipped invos? Which is now 2+1 ?

That would help me give feedback, it doesn’t seem bad, but it depends on these numbers imho.

1 Like

So the P2W complaints about odyssey and gear were ignored and you’re instead focused on the use of invocations… cool, got it :+1:
Matchmaking is a problem, let’s nerf invocations?
War system is broken, let’s nerf invocations?
Lack of new content… let’s nerf invocations???
It’s like, the community says “hey this roof is leaking over here”, and then you post a discussion saying “to fix the leaking roof, we will be adding new granite countertops in the kitchen”… Honestly, am I the only one in this forum that is this confused about the direction the devs are taking?

7 Likes

:joy::joy: true story @EvilMorty

2 Likes

Yes, it does seem the be the case. You are complaining about invocations being nerfed, while actually the dev wanted them to be more accessible.

[CM Edit: Removed insult unrelated to main point of post]

In which kind of chest did you receive this item?

Thanks for bringing this up. As mentioned, the reduction of P2W feeling for Invocations is not the priority, but is part of the benefits of the changes we are making. The main direction is to improve the Island Map gameplay and matchmaking and this is just a part of the foundation for that. We are aware that players consider other parts of the game to be more of a problem. We have also made several changes recently to make it easier for newer players or non-paying players to compete in terms of forging and levelling, and we will continue to do so where we see the need.

With regards to superforging, we do already have the idea or suggestion from another player about a Forging guide in-game, which we have under consideration. We agree that this system needs to be somewhat demystified, but it is also a part of the game that some players are able to Forge better than others, in the same way that some are better at attack or defence, and we don’t want to kill that off.

It is limited per Invocation, and you craft per Invocation. Everything else will still work in the same way as before. I will get you some numbers on the current intended caps per Invocation, but they increase as you raise your level.

3 Likes

Thanks @CaptainMorgan :+1: I was carried away … :pensive:

2 Likes

Captain Morgan you can find these items in daily item chests.
I always find two or three such items every week.

3 Likes

Is this both for wars and main raids, Odysseys ?

Piece of advise: Don’t limit the invos in wars. They will accuse you of favoring the top guys. I see people spending hundreds of gems in wars for single raids. You are going to make it harder to beat them without so many invos.

Kudos for them to either trying to win the raid, the island, the war, but also the chests. It’s admirable. You can’t put a real value on titan items, they are so rare, so guarantee 4 titans every war is a good deal…

Plus, think of all the complaints you will get for the game being tough… people will be on 45% permanently, especially the less knowledgable players. Its one thing the raid to be tough, its an other thing to be tough without being able to use invos.

2 Likes

Particularly for high level players, it should not be possible to use all Invocation charges in a single battle, so this should not be an issue.

The current plan is for this to apply to all battles.

If you mean that low level players, can use them - thats totally a good thing. However, I say dont change it as it is today. At least dont limit them… there are people who use them and will be affected.

I agree top levels should have limitations (but you are also punishing the defenses with less gems winnings). And then we have the sad truth of people on 150, with items of 134 not even forged properly which effectively makes them 120 level items compared to a good 150 forger. You will punish them as well.

My opinion again, don’t do it for wars… do it for the rest of the game (raids/Odysseys). Don’t punish them, and their alliances. You also lose some spenders there…

Your call. My 2 cents. Thanks for your time

So what I mean here is that the Invocations will not feel any more limited than they do now. They will have the same Gem cost, and you will not be able to use enough Invocations to expend all charges from any Invocation in a single battle - there will not be time to use so many Invocations.

Higher level players will have an even bigger pool, so they should not even need to make new invocations for several battles, even if they are constantly using Invocations.

Almost the only noticeable change will be that you have to top up your Invocations via the Shrine now and then, and that you can gain them from other sources, instead of only paying Gems.

If you still have reservations, please go ahead and explain how you feel that players will be limited by the feature.

3 Likes

I’m specifically saying that there are people who use several times the same invocation in the same raid, and they will be greatly affected if there is a limit.

Sorry if I didnt understand you. That’s why I asked originally how is the limitation, how many can we use.

If a low level player would win against a high Level player, by using 3 pyro, 2 frenzy and 1 tartarus… and you put a limit to each one or a total, it will affect them negatively. And in wars, that will make “weaker” alliances, who proportionally have lower level players (and weaker in general), to have less ammunition to fight.

I dont think it matters in raids. In Odysseys, well, it can be hard, but I guess they should get better or try less skulls. In wars, I feel its needed.

I will get back to the 150 weak guys, if you can clear up this post first.

2 Likes

Agree 100%. So many other things to be focusing on right now…it’s somewhat frightening resources are being used on this instead.

2 Likes

It will still be possible to use them as often as you want in a battle. For example, say they use the Pyrphoros Invocation, and currently you can cast it 5 times in battle (just a random number). Say you have crafted 10 Pyrphoros Invocations, then it will not be a problem to cast it 5 times.

So say (not final figures) the pool is 15 charges. You enter battle with 12/15 and use 8 Pyrphoros Invocations, you have 4 left after the battle, you go to the Shrine and craft 11 more, you start the next battle and you have 15/15, you use 10 (!), you still have 5 left over, and can just go and craft more before the next battle. We intend to balance it so that you will not be able to use up all the charges in a single battle, because it would mean using 15 or 20 of a single Invocation.

1 Like

@CaptainMorgan Can you please explain exactly how this is going to help matchmaking? I’m all for that but I just don’t see how they are connected. Unless your only solution to ridiculous matchmaking is to make it easier for low level players to use invos to beat higher level players?

It is part of a greater change which will result in a more territory-based island map in which you defend your territory, and attack nearby islands to expand the borders, rather than randomly attacking enemies wherever you wish on the island map. It may seem unrelated, but this and the fact that Heroes no longer get returned to Mount Olympus are both part of that change. There are more changes to come.

6 Likes