Upcoming Version 5.3.0 - A Previewed Change to Invocations

Is this both for wars and main raids, Odysseys ?

Piece of advise: Don’t limit the invos in wars. They will accuse you of favoring the top guys. I see people spending hundreds of gems in wars for single raids. You are going to make it harder to beat them without so many invos.

Kudos for them to either trying to win the raid, the island, the war, but also the chests. It’s admirable. You can’t put a real value on titan items, they are so rare, so guarantee 4 titans every war is a good deal…

Plus, think of all the complaints you will get for the game being tough… people will be on 45% permanently, especially the less knowledgable players. Its one thing the raid to be tough, its an other thing to be tough without being able to use invos.

2 Likes

Particularly for high level players, it should not be possible to use all Invocation charges in a single battle, so this should not be an issue.

The current plan is for this to apply to all battles.

If you mean that low level players, can use them - thats totally a good thing. However, I say dont change it as it is today. At least dont limit them… there are people who use them and will be affected.

I agree top levels should have limitations (but you are also punishing the defenses with less gems winnings). And then we have the sad truth of people on 150, with items of 134 not even forged properly which effectively makes them 120 level items compared to a good 150 forger. You will punish them as well.

My opinion again, don’t do it for wars… do it for the rest of the game (raids/Odysseys). Don’t punish them, and their alliances. You also lose some spenders there…

Your call. My 2 cents. Thanks for your time

So what I mean here is that the Invocations will not feel any more limited than they do now. They will have the same Gem cost, and you will not be able to use enough Invocations to expend all charges from any Invocation in a single battle - there will not be time to use so many Invocations.

Higher level players will have an even bigger pool, so they should not even need to make new invocations for several battles, even if they are constantly using Invocations.

Almost the only noticeable change will be that you have to top up your Invocations via the Shrine now and then, and that you can gain them from other sources, instead of only paying Gems.

If you still have reservations, please go ahead and explain how you feel that players will be limited by the feature.

3 Likes

I’m specifically saying that there are people who use several times the same invocation in the same raid, and they will be greatly affected if there is a limit.

Sorry if I didnt understand you. That’s why I asked originally how is the limitation, how many can we use.

If a low level player would win against a high Level player, by using 3 pyro, 2 frenzy and 1 tartarus… and you put a limit to each one or a total, it will affect them negatively. And in wars, that will make “weaker” alliances, who proportionally have lower level players (and weaker in general), to have less ammunition to fight.

I dont think it matters in raids. In Odysseys, well, it can be hard, but I guess they should get better or try less skulls. In wars, I feel its needed.

I will get back to the 150 weak guys, if you can clear up this post first.

2 Likes

Agree 100%. So many other things to be focusing on right now…it’s somewhat frightening resources are being used on this instead.

2 Likes

It will still be possible to use them as often as you want in a battle. For example, say they use the Pyrphoros Invocation, and currently you can cast it 5 times in battle (just a random number). Say you have crafted 10 Pyrphoros Invocations, then it will not be a problem to cast it 5 times.

So say (not final figures) the pool is 15 charges. You enter battle with 12/15 and use 8 Pyrphoros Invocations, you have 4 left after the battle, you go to the Shrine and craft 11 more, you start the next battle and you have 15/15, you use 10 (!), you still have 5 left over, and can just go and craft more before the next battle. We intend to balance it so that you will not be able to use up all the charges in a single battle, because it would mean using 15 or 20 of a single Invocation.

1 Like

@CaptainMorgan Can you please explain exactly how this is going to help matchmaking? I’m all for that but I just don’t see how they are connected. Unless your only solution to ridiculous matchmaking is to make it easier for low level players to use invos to beat higher level players?

It is part of a greater change which will result in a more territory-based island map in which you defend your territory, and attack nearby islands to expand the borders, rather than randomly attacking enemies wherever you wish on the island map. It may seem unrelated, but this and the fact that Heroes no longer get returned to Mount Olympus are both part of that change. There are more changes to come.

6 Likes

Gotcha now! Sounds interesting actually.

There seems to be no “hard limitation” for low level users at least. But from our discussion, I am actually fond of the idea for higher levels to have less invos to work with…
Would be interesting to see that “we” are only allowed 3 for example? I am worried that I have to run to the shrine to make more… kinda too much micro management? You also make last 30 minutes of war on islands, harder to do (alliances raid a lot of fury to “surprise” and steal the island last minutes). So I am wondering if there is an arsenal of invos and a usable pool. So say 100 is the arsenal, and 15 is the pool for your example… if you get my point.

On other stuff (semi-related):
I’d also love modes in this game. Like a limited time for a “special prize”. Say a titan chest. Do 30 raids without Bia, or pheme… or invos, or beat GK’s without invos and so on… would give some meaning in the game, unfortunately prize wise, I would only be interested in titan items, but maybe other players would appreciate more stuff.

3 Likes

Could be interesting ideas!

2 Likes

i find them only once in a month in the first (maybe second) chest of the monthly cycle.

so there is another incentive then to level up?

sometimes during war when islands are closing and players saved fury for the epic final… lets say the last 30mins can be stressful - with this change we maybe will have to take a break, go to the shrine, make used invos with gems and then return to the war map and continue the closing island fights? maybe some extra stress, but it depends on the pool size too.

ok - i should read all posts, before asking >_<.

edit (cannot post more than 3 in a row):

i like such quests. but maybe to avoid exploits: what about if we get a titan chest if we manage to play a 12+3 odyssey adventure (5 islands with proposed hero), 100%, without invos and maybe also with X seconds left each. maybe an incentive to forge also other heroes then the war heroes or forge in a better way.

but something that has to be a challange. doing 30 raids without pheme is too easy. and it has also to be kind of limited, some players can do 100 or more fights a day. with oddy it would be equal for everyone. or maybe just one quest in a week - if we make it in that given time ok, if not. next quest and invested effort is gone.

i agree that i also would only be interested in a titan chest (or a titan item) for that. maybe also an titan item for the used hero?

2 Likes

I confess some confusion about this. Invocations will still cost the same amount of gems and will be crafted instantly.

So in effect no change apart from a bit of mucking around to build the pool? How does this really impact in game play much? Please explain?

I like the idea of earning invocations outside of using gems but the rest of the proposal sounds like it is just mucking around for no benefit to anyone?

good morning @CaptainMorgan

Is it possible to change the red color used to identify our own troops during war fights ?
It can be a bit confusing at times, thanks!

kiss kiss Artemus

4 Likes

In part these two sentences explain the reasoning behind it. We have the pool so that we are able to gift players free uses. As mentioned previously, this is also part of a larger change which we are working towards, and includes the idea of gaining Invocations through other methods, which are added to your pool.

1 Like

A bit off topic, but here is an exclusive, behind-the-scenes insight into our planned changes for upcoming versions, via a screenshot direct from our planning board:

warcolours

5 Likes

@CaptainMorgan I find these items in Daily gameplay chests… Minimum one a week, I get.

lol

15 characters