Version 5.4.0 should be arriving with you (if the gods favour us) in around 2 weeks.
As promised, here is a brief preview of some of the features which will be arriving in version 5.4.0 and beyond. Also included below is some important heads-up information which you will want to be aware of before 5.4.0 drops.
In 5.4.0 we will be bringing the next part of the changes to the core game which began in 5.2.0. This will include a system to Ascend your Heroes, giving you the opportunity to increase their power, as well as an alternative method of levelling them up without grinding for XP.
- If the Heroes are granted Favor from the gods, they can be ascended, increasing their abilities, and allowing you to level them up 20 more levels.
- Favor can also be spent to level them up, instead of fighting battles to gain XP.
- Favor is granted by the Oracle of Delphi, in exchange for Crystals.
- Crystals can be found in several ways, including performing well in Wars or the Odyssey. In the version after 5.4.0 you may also have the opportunity to win them as rewards from Islands.
Also in 5.4.0 we will be introducing the War Defense system.
- There will be an additional slot for your defense, which cannot be modified and will always be used during Wars.
- This also applies to the Hero Statue.
- During War Preparation you can copy one of your defense slots into the War Slot. If you don’t do this it will just use the same defense as the previous War.
- Defenses in the War Slot can still be levelled up, and blessings can still be activated.
- You will still be able to view Heat Maps and Attack History for the War Slot in the normal way.
We will also be reactivating the Fury Bonus for Alliances which lose a lot of islands in Wars.
We will tweak the matchmaking to reduce the difference in levels of opponents when you reach the higher levels in the game.
There are other changes coming in 5.4.0, but the final one we would like to share with you for now is that we will be making it possible for the Hero Statue [edit: Artemis and Ajax] to use multiple Powers, instead of just one.
- All Heroes can use their unique Powers.
- All Heroes which can equip Powers will be able to use the Power in their first equippable slot.
- In addition, Artemis will be able to summon more than one Stag to aid her in protecting the Gate.
Finally, a sneak preview into the future of the version coming after 5.4.0 (tentatively set for late March/Early April):
- We will finally implement the changes to the Island Map, allowing you to defend territory, and rewarding large territories, rather than only relying solely on Hero placement for resources (it will still be worth it to place them carefully).
- We will bring special rewards for winning battles on the Island Map, including Crystals, Invocations, etc.
- Some of these islands will appear in new positions on your Island Map, and have particularly difficult defenses, which will yield great rewards.
- We will implement the features needed to allow us to begin having more regular in-game special events.
- We will make it possible to have multiple shop offers active at the same time, so that you no longer need to worry about one bundle blocking another one.
We are looking forward to your feedback and criticisms below, and I will share more information as it becomes available.
- Captain Morgan