I’ve had trouble communicating this elsewhere, so I thought I’d try here. How about this:
Start using a ? cap for leashes.
- 0-1200 ? you can leash growl, howl, archimedes
- 1200-2000 further leash bucky, eldrak, tammy
- 2000-3000 further leash kaiser, aki, irmgard
- 3000–3800 nidhogg, aska, bela
- 3800+ pro beasts
The numbers and beast selection are purely hypothetical (well mostly… I tried to select abundant beasts for early levels as those should be more readily available). Therefore the final numbers and beast selection should be decided by those more qualified.
I believe this would have 4 positive effects:
- Now you can boost all beasts! The uselessness higher levels experience can be remedied.
- Lower levels will not fight against Phoebe because other low level players have landed positions in stronger alliances.
- Players will be encouraged to raise their ? score rather than stay low and feed/discourage new players
- Players will experience a wider variety of beasts when playing RR2, and more ‘wow factor’ as they progress through the game.
I realize #4 would apply mostly to new players, and in the endgame 1 beast will be dominating defenses. But… The bulk of the game is dominated by 1 beast now!
and… depending on how other beasts are boosted, variety may yet thrive.
if it is too complicated we could do a cap for pro beasts only. This would still retain positive effects.