What the Math on Supreme Victory and more

hat the Math? 

I have few observations on math in Conquest.   It seems if the attack vs defense calculation is actually Us vs Them without regard to who is attacking or defending a given tile.   If that is the way the tiles modifiers are used then it does not match real-world behaviors for a given terrain.    Attack and defense are typically based on the roles in a competition.    Defense is holding a position whereas Attack or offense is trying to gain a position from an opponent. 

It appears the game is inconsistent in providing data as well.   Highlighting an active war tile then clicking the emoji produces different data.  On one tile it shows my team only however on another tile where the other team has a tower, the others teams players show up.  Both include the number of troops.  Seems it would show all players on the tile with the appropriate data.  Data such as level, troops and even perhaps estimated energy would be nice for all players on a given tile.    Having said that, I am left trying to interpret the math observations

First is on the supreme victory.   Simple match ups seem straightforward.   I can see how many troops are assigned to competitors if they are out on the map but not while in war.   So we have to assume that is correct when looking at the Supreme Victory screen.      Not sure how the program came up with 800 troops for the defense is derived.     See photo.  In this case, one of the players is 110.  I have observed and recorded 9 players engaged in war.  They are levels, 67, 83, 84, 85, 93, 98, 103, 109 and 110.   All seem to be given a hero rating of 75 except the 110 player.  I believe that players rating adds 20 or is 95. The math should be more granular.  As 109 and 110 is a much closer match than 67 and 109.   If I am correct here that is a serious flaw in the program.  Generally speaking players within 5 levels are fairly matched without regard to how a player has developed their defense or offense. 

It appears the math is such (Total Hero + Total Troops) X Tile Modifier.  So am I to assume that on the attacking side that one player has all the troops since the participating troops and total troops is the same.   However, I do know for a fact on our team there are two players with 200 troops.  This equals 400 participating but how does this become 800?  

In our second sample, the defense is actually defending a tower and the calculation seems to be (Total Hero + Total Troops) X Tile Modifier X Tower Modifier.    There is only 1 player on the attacking side so hard to tell regarding the Total Troops.   Did the troops assigned double in the first example because there is a 110 level player?  Does it apply only to the attacking side because I do not see that happening on the defense side in any case observed? 

The last point to mention is of the 4 teams their Alliance levels are 506, 666, 667 and 1024.  Clearly, 1024 (us) is being pitted against teams with roughly 150% of the players.   Most have players many more players at least 5 levels and in some cases 8 or 9 levels higher than our highest players.  While we have done well in the last two events, I do not believe we have dominated other teams enough to be cast into this mismatch.   Some more clarity on this math would be good as well.   I know it can be difficult to evenly match all events.    There are modifiers used in the game but not sure they are working as intended and perhaps more should be applied to level out the playing field some.  Perhaps the use of defense and offense build would be even better as players are known to trophy drop and such too.  There are plenty of threads on that match up concerns alone.  

Sample 2 war.png

There are two little arrows left and right to switch your vs their team display.

In this war you are defending. And you have researched the “Troop value (defense) +1” technology, so you get 1 additional troop for every troop in defensive wars. So you get 400 extra troops.

Similar for the hero rating: There are different technologies you and your opponent can have researched, that adds +10 (can be stacked) to the hero rating in either attack or defense wars.

Thank you for that.  It helps very much!  

In the sample where we were outgunned and the troops doubled.  I was attacking that tile not defending it.   

Are you sure? The screen shot says “Total Defense Rating” on your side. 

There is an exact description how to calculate SV in Game Guide section

I am sure were attacking.    The opponent was headed to our tower and I attacked to block.

Hi there,

the guide is here:

Do you have any more questions or is your thread answered?

Thank you!