What to do and what not to do in Olympus Rising - Wiki Wiki Archimides, questions and answers

I would like to discuss here, ask questions and answers about Archie’s guide. What to do and what not to do in Olympus Rising, that Archie’s work is a pure guide without comments, of course leave layman there so that the guide does not disappear in a sea of comments, so it’s good to open a second related topic for questions and answers Co robić, a czego nie robić w Olympus Rising - Wiki Wiki Archimides This is the Link to Archie’s direct guide What to do and what not to Olympus Rising What to do and what not to do in Olympus Rising - A Wiki Guide by Archimides

2 Likes

Thanks, I Know what you meant. I will talk to a Mod!

1 Like

Great Archi, I would like your guide to be clear and readable for all players, without these comments, for anyone who enters, it’s like going to a real Olympus Rising guide :+1:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/giCtciRTJssCyFPR6 See how many players play ignorance, they improve what the viewer

Thanks Archi, you’ve worked hard, it’s a pity that I couldn’t find something like this before, these tips, good advice, would help me a lot, although I based the construction of my empire on experience in rr2 but OR differ from the details that make a big difference, there are things that I was not able to comprehend at 100%, I tried something but I did not want to make mistakes that I would have felt hard later, and very hard to get resources.

4 Likes

Very nice work! This help a lot of new and middle players!!!

4 Likes

Wow, thank you so much for such a complete guide! Very very nice job done!
I have a question regarding forging unique items though, I guess I got how refine system works for normal items based on the previous discussions between you and other people, but I’m currently thinking about having demo on the apple of discord, yet I don’t know how so. I know a silver 5* titan is required, but that means there’s going to be two perks (demo and the third one) that are possible to be transferred to the apple. So I am wondering if you can elaborate more on this. Thank you!

4 Likes

Dont refine uniques unless you dont plan to level anymore or have a spare one

1 Like

for a silver refine:
an apple of discord has the perks cooldown and efficiency on it. so if you want to transfer demo from an item that is not a ring/trinket you can ignore its base (this cannot be transferred) and you need a demo on that item and either cooldown or efficiency. the values of all the perks should not play a role, i.e. you can use old items for this purpose. this is the advantage when refining uniques.
if you want to transfer from a ring you need to have both of the perks cd and efficiency and of also demo on it (so exact the same perks you want to have after refine).
i do not know if the placement of the perks on the trinket does matter, but i never found a hint that it does (and is a pending question in the q&a section)

but: if you want to forge further afterward, uniqes tend to have a strange behaviour concerning added perks that become replaced or not. i am afraid i cannot help you with that. so ask yourself : do you want to stay at silver refine or do you plan to go further and want a gold refined unique.

edit: and if you plan to do another silver refine a few levels later, i also cannot give you a hint what will happen due to replacement of perks or not: if i would do it and be happy with the perks, i would try it with an identical item as used for the first silver refine… but maybe other can tell more about this here (or devs will answer questions about it). in addition: the devs are reconsidering uniques as far as i know. so i also cannot tell if it is better to wait or not.

edit 2: ok - a re-refine of already a gold unique with another gold-titan should be possible to exchange perks.
which answered now also one of the questions i asked here :wink: : https://forums.flaregames.com/t/discussion-for-refining-uniques/33971/3

2 Likes

Thanks for your post! I am pretty sure Nan gave you a correct answer, but I’ll give you a simple version.

Yes, you need a silver, but no its not always 3 perks. 3 perks are on rings only. On the other items, a silver consists of a main perk, and 2 other perks. A main perk wont be transferred if its on the correct original left side.
You add demo by elimination, meaning potency or CD should be the other perk on your item.

Easiest way: Make a cape of CD, add Demo, refine your unique!

3 Likes

Aha, I’ve not thought about using elimination of repeating perks.
Thanks for all the replies above!
One more question, to improve the apple after I give it demo and level up, do I need a silver 5* item to do so or a 5* bronze titan item would still do its job?

if you check the screens in the given links above you find the answer. if you use just a 5* titan bronce item you will only dillite the value of the perks (but dont change them) i will not recomend this, even after leveling up. but you can always check the values of the inital base/perk after selecting an item to dismantle - just be sure NOT to accept it / start the forge! :wink: (unless you are happy with it)

2 Likes

Unfortunately “leveling up” a silver unique is not possible, as a refinement will add a new perk. A normal forge with bronze will just upgrade a bit the main perks (depends when you do it actually) and lower the demo, for sure not worth it.

“Leveling up” a gold unique, is a different issue. Theoretically it is possible to do it, but I have not seen anyone trying it, and its expensive. I promised to do it on level 150, but well after I finish my main focus.

This is something the devs should check into. Silver level up should be possible, and gold level up, is not showing correctly the perks of the end product. Elimination doesn’t work, the new “unhidden” perks do not work either (I assume because it disregards existing perks completely). @CaptainMorgan

1 Like

do you have screens when it failed what you wanted to do with a gold unique?
i just tried it once (but not excecuted) and it shows the perks correctly (see above) but in this case BOTH perks are replaced and not the same again, so maybe different to what you like to do. if we would take the same perks, the maybe the forge says: ok these perks already apear on the item, so you cant transferr and you get a random choice and „?“… this would also explain what i observe when „trying“ to use a silver for a gold unique refine.:thinking: i am also curious about an answer from CM to this.

@Archimides but we are now kind of highjacking your topic which should not be. sorry for that. one last question: have you thought about writing a guide that explains different perks, items (and their differences to each other), defines names for thems (like cursed item, rare perks, why are some like base perks other %. what happens when item drop, the internal level and color steps, value ranges, what happens when levelling up, caps (visual and hidden one and why they are needed) what really happens to them when you forge them differently, how the transfer happens, also chain usage, and so on and so on.
i am thinking about to write such a guide by my own, but it will take a lot of time. if i find this time, i will try to write one but i am absolute sure that other would do better and have deeper knowledge then i have and will do it also more pointed as i tend to write more technically - (and for sure have not found out everything). (i also have no idea how you did that content menue - i really like your well structured and written guide!). dont get me wrong: i dont want to do a step by step guide of what to do and use or combine to make effective gear. i would like to write down more some base knowledge how the gear works, what are differences, what someone have to think about or might occur. some like we started in the discussion “knowledge through insight” but in a more structured way with a defined vocabulary for names and actions.

i feel like… :joy:

2 Likes

Well its similar to what you have there, mine just shows that elimination doesn’t work on uniques. And this can only happen on “gold unique”, as a silver unique can only be simple forged or refined to add a perk, there is no middle solution.

Basically here, the DR should be there. But what the game actually does its just reseting the whole thing and you will get 2/3 of those perks with random 33% to get each.

Now you can work around a gold one. If I want my shield to be “upgraded” or leveled up, all I need is to get an item with speed/demo/DR like I did the first time, and then I make a new improved one.

I also get “wrong” results if I refine with silver item. For some strange reason, the perk that gets replaced is random (demo or DR should be replaced, since a refinement always adds a perk). In fact when I use a silver with DR to eliminate it, it actually leaves demo, and there is a random (?) on the other perk which essentially replaces DR, and then has 50% to be DR or the other perk on my silver.
We discussed this with @dumpster last year… its crazy, not working as it should I believe. But not so often to raise it up and ask for a fix. We had bigger issues.

Yes, I have thought of such a guide, and also a complete forging guide. But, It really has to be at the right time, and I am disappointed by the community here on some of the issues we have, which just held me back.

P.S. in this small forum, if its constructive, I believe off topics are fine. Even at a guide topic. If anyone can benefit, its better than staying quiet

3 Likes

Okay, base on the discussion above, I guess it would be better to just keep leveling the unique items up with 5* bronze until I no longer want to level up or reach lvl 150…

Although I feel ashamed to say so since it feels like stealing wisdom from you guys, I think it would be terrific if one of you guys can write a thorough forging guide as it’s perhaps the biggest difference between normal to good players and great players. I recognize your names and know that you guys are top players in Titan league (being beaten by you guys quite regularly and also via your arguments (?) in other threads:sweat_smile:) so you probably see knowing about forging a normal thing, but in a lower-level league, not really many players know (or have never thought about) how the forging system works. Take myself as an example, I’m in an alliance in demi-god league, and top players in my alliance (know it’s pretty normal or even low in TL, but having more than 10000 trophies is what I consider a top player in demi-god league) don’t really know about forging other than super-forging (that’s why I’m here in the forum). Tbf my alliance is fighting to avoid relegation most of the time so I’m not sure about other dm alliances, but I guess most players in even lower leagues also have the same questions. Therefore, I think many of us would really appreciate your effort if one of you (or of course some of you) is willing to write a guide regarding forging and refining.:pray:

1 Like

Yeap! You got it. It’s not a rule, its efficient. And soon you will realize, that uniques are overvalued at max level or at a halt point you want to get and stop leveling up. They are an easy way to keep up with leveling, that;s their best feature, they become obsolete later on (most of them)

We all offer help about forging, just open up a topic, and you will get answers. It’s unfortunate, that some people are disrespectful or ungrateful for work being done in those areas. It’s also sad for me to promote some things (such as forging), and then people call it a bug and complain, forcing devs to change things… I mean, what’s the point ?

If you check the guide above (unfortunately you have to read all of the first steps), you will see where imho I reference when to forge, how much to forge and what not to do while leveling up. It is one of the most important things to measure and control. Leveling up and forging the correct stuff.

3 Likes

Okay, then I skip through some important parts since I thought I already know some of them and have made some of the mistakes:sweat_smile: Will go back and check them again later, thanks for reminding!

This reminds me that I have some other questions about the getting serious part. You say there’s no wrong timing for placing pheme in AP, yet my Cadmus always uses it when he encounters the first defense troops, which is a pretty inefficient way of using it. I suppose when you mean later stage you mean when Cadmus is closed to max on CD? Because I don’t dare to equip pheme on my heros when AP, even on my 50% CD Cadmus…
Another question is about Talos, I believe Talos can’t reach nyx towers in most of the defenses nowadays, so I guess what you do is you have your heros run much faster than your troops to the place where talos can work on nyx tower?

Hmm, I get your concern, sorry I did not realize that as I was reading other forging thread by skimming through them.

You could do that. Or use Damocles, pheme, and/or trebuchets.

Yeah, I know and am doing this, although trebuchets are pretty stupid in choosing what to attack.
Just wondering when I see Talos in the thread, cuz it’s still hard for me to believe heros like Ariande could do so…