Hi Isa Al,
- Extending boosters: (endlessly with alliance gold). only a (or 2) handful of alliance can afford this.
Even in the TOP20, my alliance can’t afford to do it more than occasionally.
We have decided to let the gate expire after our 2nd place in the last round.
- Stress level: You are right. They are stressful! Now, it is mostly self-imposed stress.
After a few wars, I assume that each alliance with find its own rhythm.
The level of grinding (2%) expected by various alliance will influence this a lot.
This probably means that the commitment level will go down a bit which is probably the right thing to do.
- The point of war: Well, I guess it is the usual: bragging rights, sense of accomplishment, attractiveness of winning alliances.
It has had a 2 interesting side effects:
- exposing a lot of pseudo active players.
- making lower donation/High level players more attractive to alliances.
Overall, I think the alliance war is a nice addition of content to the game. Each players/alliance can choose the level of involvement they want to have in the war, from total non-participation to crazy 4k+ skull raiding. Obviously, those that participate can have the added bonus of tax + possibly boosters. Some alliances have already decided to sit out some seasons for various reasons (too hard, wanting to farm gold, etc.)
Now, not everything is perfect with the wars and there are still bugs to iron out. I guess we will see how it evolves over time.
To Vester’s point, could it be more fun in the lower ranks? That is a very interesting question and probably true!