Where is the staff?

Anyone else notice the absence of Flaregames on all social media platforms since September? Why is the staff also noticeably absent here in the forums? What’s up with FG, are they going through staffing cuts and will OR be continuing?

3 Likes

i do not use social media platforms.
but madlen has left last december, see https://forums.flaregames.com/t/community-manager-post-farewell/35796

1 Like

It’s a bit ominous that there is a lack of presence… maybe we should start arguing and see if they come back :joy:

4 Likes

The fervor of a quality forum is 30% based on the quality of the staff involved and 40% based on the wide range of discussed topics (approached within smart “free enlightment” trenches - read: forum titles- by smart staff warriors) and 30% based on the evolution of freedom quality throughout the whole world (envisioned through the life experience of the “combat units” - combat units are the forum visitors hereby “retired” for a cool drink and a wise desecration of human mind, dark and gothic, exulted in the afterlife :smile:)

I checked last message of Madlen. I’ve been not around by that time when has departed our spirit from his own. As he has not returned. It means he was high above the aspects outreached down here at flaregames.

Indeed, this forum sax :smile:. But no music. And is not its fault. On the other hand… the Carlisle fonts are hereby missing. The forum color is sick. And the community is an “insulated footage of a bored dinosaurus” waving the air of a once upon a crime wisedraken every here and there.

Fortunately there are more drakens here in the swarm bringing in a scent of life. Making it look like an arena sometimes. But is none of the wide open minded exploration beyond frontiers of a quality threaded, colored, shaking up heads forum.

I’m more wondering about the lack of any game related news here … it’s been a while since the war discussions. We know Morgan said they are working on a war rewamp system, and that they are planning something for the normal map where heroes somehow defend the borders …
But since then we got no more news or hints on what and when changes will come. All we got were updates for invocations (that noone asked nor understood), graphic level options (that caused more bugs and crashes they hoped to solve), and surely we got the new “bonus offer” for money to buy invocations. We got a terrific decrease in items quality from chests (that noone asked), and the changes of GKs that were draconian as always (from bugged immortal killers to weasels … even if here it might just be that few have adapted as a few great ones are popping up, rarely … but still wondering if there’s a better way to balance thing rather than going from an extreme to the other). Oh, and the vanishing of the first monthly, then bi-monthly, now maybe-or–never questions to the devs.

Some updates on what’s going on would be nice, I’m seeing more and more old timers getting bored and leaving :frowning:

6 Likes

I see a dark and unlucky forum meaning the staff behind spends many hours on computer and eyes are struggling to read more… I see the good guy navigated another side of the world. I see (now for the first time) there is a crise of financial support behind our game (however, still nice game for how much is invested in it). I know the company tries to stay independent. I see the lack of imagination and the sorrow. I understand the situation when someone tries to maintain a decent trend in a very undecent world of “traders”. I still think nobody will say NO, NO, PLEASE NO if you came with a good idea :smile: I see there is a lack of contribution on the side of the game staff community. But is not a desperated situation. Is just that this game is reported to have a very high number of free to play players compared to pay to play players for a long time running game server. Which makes the administration decide that the staff contribution in our forum is a non profit activity. Flaregames has not a big staff, but this conclusion has however arised after a long time spent with this forum. I have found it now in “dark mode”(the forum). Perhaps initially has been brighter. When here were two co-workers around it. The programmer. And the forum moderator and marketing engineering developer. Now the forum moderator (marketing engineering developer) has left away. The programmer works in dark mode. :smile: Thats that.

1 Like

Yeah, many have left now… I saw Arty’s account went inactive, did she quit as well?

1 Like

Yes, she got bored already a couple seasons ago but wanted to wait until the new system … but since there is no news nor timeline after such a long time, she just quitted.

4 Likes

Hey FG!! Sup!!! :grin: . Say " Hi " When u get time from your busy schedule of making this game more interesting. :nerd_face:… Everyone is missing you.

2 Likes

last message from CM was just 3 days ago. keep in mind that in february there are semester breaks (which week is depending on which country) in germany.

and since the game is kind of stable again i assume they are working on the (between lines or officialy?) announced changes/improvements.

sure, more communication is always nice. but if a community manager leaves a team, it might take a while until the company finds an appropriate replacement.

2 Likes

I’m not complaining about his frequency on forums… But about lack of news on the updates since a long while. He posts, but when was the last about future updates?

1 Like

sure.

in mid december he spoke about version 5.3.0 is the beginning of bigger changes and 15days ago he wrote here https://forums.flaregames.com/t/please-give-us-more-info/36627/4 that more informations about upcoming changes can be expected very soon.

madlen also left december, holydays, some urgent bugs needed to be fixed, so maybe all delayed a bit. :man_shrugging:

i have faith that we get some infos soon, maybe also bc of frequent questions about them :+1: thx

3 Likes

@CaptainMorgan any news? Would be nice to get more frequent updates as to the direction of the game. Hopefully changes coming soon as it’s very dull for anyone with a bit of forging done.

2 Likes