FlareGames
Hellel625

Boss Hunt - Feedback

I understand some people are frustrated about the new boss hunt having only 8 milestones and no mega box. I on the other hand wanted to share that I have enjoyed the new changes. The new ranked system weeds out more of the idle boss hunt joiners and 8 milestones are reached in a reasonable amount of time for one game play sitting. (my last 2 hunts we're completed in just under one hour. One 10 milestones and one 8.) Having no mega box at the end IS a LITTLE disappointing but I can see that change helping with the long term sustainability of current pets being leveled and new ones being added to the game. I'd like to see pet rewards for players 1-5 or so. 5 pets for 1st decreasing to 1 pet for 5th. Something like that would be a nice adjustment since there's no mega box. Thank you Dev team for continuing to make this an enjoyable game!

Edited by Rustymickjag

5 hours ago, Rustymickjag said:

I understand some people are frustrated about the new boss hunt having only 8 milestones and no mega box. I on the other hand wanted to share that I have enjoyed the new changes. The new ranked system weeds out more of the idle boss hunt joiners and 8 milestones are reached in a reasonable amount of time for one game play sitting. (my last 2 hunts we're completed in just under one hour. One 10 milestones and one 8.) Having no mega box at the end IS a LITTLE disappointing but I can see that change helping with the long term sustainability of current pets being leveled and new ones being added to the game. I'd like to see pet rewards for players 1-5 or so. 5 pets for 1st decreasing to 1 pet for 5th. Something like that would be a nice adjustment since there's no mega box. Thank you Dev team for continuing to make this an enjoyable game!

It's better not to get the milestone with no Mega Box than completing the milestone without Mega Box.

3 hours ago, Izona said:

It's better not to get the milestone with no Mega Box than completing the milestone without Mega Box.

So logical it hurts. I am no game designer but is this even debatable?

16 hours ago, Rustymickjag said:

I understand some people are frustrated about the new boss hunt having only 8 milestones and no mega box. I on the other hand wanted to share that I have enjoyed the new changes.

What new changes you are talking about? Ranking system is not new...

Purple chest nerf is new - we get 1/3rd of the value we got before.

Only 8 milestones without megabox at the end is new - but it's a nerf too. What's the point in doing boss hunt now if you can't stay in top3? Simply join, get some token and gems for free and let others do the job...

Still looking for the improvements they are talking about...

Edit: Sorry, forgot the 10 gems you can get for connecting with facebook.

Edited by Tyamat

I think their reasoning for changing the megabox at the end was to discourage people from just joining and not contributing.

I received a megabox at the end, and I placed third with 30 boss kills.  It was a shock to only have 8 tiers instead of 10 though, I was not expecting that.

25 minutes ago, Aeginor said:

I think their reasoning for changing the megabox at the end was to discourage people from just joining and not contributing.

Well, some gems and token just for hitting the join button are still welcome ... but no reason to contribute. Taking away the megabox will not solve the problem.

21 hours ago, Izona said:

It's better not to get the milestone with no Mega Box than completing the milestone without Mega Box.

17 hours ago, Morte said:

So logical it hurts. I am no game designer but is this even debatable?

This. There's really no discussion to be had. It's been a few days and we still haven't gotten an official response yet. Pretty frustrating.

Why the devs believe that this change is a form of 'better rewards' is beyond me.

Did everybody receive the final megabox when the boss hunt completed? I received the one at the 10th milestone, but when I opened the app later, it said boss hunt has completed but did not present a megabox reward to me.

13 minutes ago, mrmyco said:

Did everybody receive the final megabox when the boss hunt completed? I received the one at the 10th milestone, but when I opened the app later, it said boss hunt has completed but did not present a megabox reward to me.

there are now 12 and not 10 milestones in a Bosshunt //Garagos

4 hours ago, Strudelh0use said:

What's this about no megabox?

Side note, why is the Hunt Timer wrong?

IMG_2476.PNG

IMG_2475.PNG

Everything in here is wrong man.

Edited by Izona

I've seen some other threads on the topic of players getting abnormally high boss kills. Some say "cheating" though I have no idea how. I doubt all claims of cheating are cheating. Though, on March 11 Boss Hunt this player got 222 kills during a 90-120 minute boss hunt. Right from GO they started racking up.

Here is what I noticed was interesting: the Boss Kills came in groups of 3-5 in rapid succession, each about 1-2 SECONDS apart. I can't say how far apart each grouping was but every kill came in these groups. Even if this person has unlimited gems and extraordinary high level and gear it still seemed impossible to get these kills so quickly together. In adventure mode with Grande and Baron and one-hit mob and boss overkill I can clear levels in 5-8 seconds. No matter how overkill or well equipped, I see no way to get 3-5 Boss Kills in 5-8 seconds which this player did consistently throughout the Hunt. Even Boss Tickets have some considerable delay, plus they don't come in sets of 5.

So whats that strategy? 

Hunt.thumb.jpg.79d5ef052ca3f14d70a3c81877bfe7fe.jpg

Edited by Dicappo

Had a pretty boss Hunt this time.

Pros:

• Placed 2nd this time around instead of 3rd.
  • Had a good run with the top 5 people trying to climb to 1st
  • Only had 2 people that joined that sat at the bottom with 2-3 kills.

Cons:

• Bugged at the end with no reward what so ever
  • A bit grindy near the end because bosses were one hitting me
  • terrible gear drops, had tier 1 till the end, other than given sword 

Edited by Morthos
Spelling

On 3/17/2017 at 2:06 AM, Dicappo said:

I've seen some other threads on the topic of players getting abnormally high boss kills. Some say "cheating" though I have no idea how. I doubt all claims of cheating are cheating. Though, on March 11 Boss Hunt this player got 222 kills during a 90-120 minute boss hunt. Right from GO they started racking up.

Here is what I noticed was interesting: the Boss Kills came in groups of 3-5 in rapid succession, each about 1-2 SECONDS apart. I can't say how far apart each grouping was but every kill came in these groups. Even if this person has unlimited gems and extraordinary high level and gear it still seemed impossible to get these kills so quickly together. In adventure mode with Grande and Baron and one-hit mob and boss overkill I can clear levels in 5-8 seconds. No matter how overkill or well equipped, I see no way to get 3-5 Boss Kills in 5-8 seconds which this player did consistently throughout the Hunt. Even Boss Tickets have some considerable delay, plus they don't come in sets of 5.

So whats that strategy? 

Hunt.thumb.jpg.79d5ef052ca3f14d70a3c81877bfe7fe.jpg

There's a guy in my Hunt right now that has added roughly 35 kills to his 'list' since I got on this morning. And he's pulling further and further away every few minutes.

He's currently in first with around 70 kills, second has around 40. Craziness.

On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 1:22 AM, kaiballz said:

The balance seems to be perfect now, except for one last thing. The gold you get from killing each normal monster doesn't add up. My current weapon needs 30million to upgrade, and i'm getting 4.5k per monster (i'm on floor 86). Thats 6,000 monsters for a single upgrade, which we all know is not enough (usually you need about 10 upgrades for each epic boss). So 60,000 monsters which isn't realistic. The only upgrades come from purple boxes now, which is fine, but the gold from monsters really need to be adjusted as well, to give us abit of meaning of killing monsters (instead of just waiting for purple boxes).

Nicely put kaiballz.  I was just going to say that this last boss hunt messed up on me by not giving me purple box ads for gold.  I just waited and grinded like crazy, but no ads that give gold.  Only small gold piles which takes like 5 boxes for 1 upgrade.  I even paid 100 gems for my third hunt attempt because i wanted the squid outfit... i had the whole 24 hour period and got to 35 boss kills but the last 16 hours of the boss hunt were without ads which is the life blood of upgrading.  Please increase minion gold drops and maybe add something else to increase gold gain for grinding.

So did the amount of boss kills needed for each milestone increases each week now? I'm currently on a Boss Hunt where I need 40 boss kills per milestone (Which translates to a 400 boss total...) 

To make this worse it seems the balancing of ranks isn't working at all, I'm Veteran almost Senior and I got paired with mostly Bronze that are doing nothing.

PS: I notice now there's 15 people not 10 on my boss hunt, which actually means more afk people with 0 kills to carry. I usually kill 2x as many bosses as a player should (60-70 avg) and can carry 1 AFK, but with 15 people and 12 being Bronze when I'm Veteran, this boss hunt is lost on arival.

Boss hunt old hint:
while lasted option to get  money from pet boxes and mega box players could  win a great  boss quantity.
for example: every  10 bounties you got 1  megabox. and whole week You would  grind  bounties  till It is  boss hunt in Saturday.

by that time every 8 hour player could collect 3 pet boxes.

one perfect day is almost 9 boxes,  5 days x 9 gives around 4 Megaboxes..

prerequisite is to have lot of  5 star pets.

for each megabox You could get  lot of  money!!! each megabox contains  14 pet boxes replacabble with money if you have them 5 star.

so calculate  how much you can go :)

From start of  Boss hunt you could  make weapons lvl 500 really fast :)

regards.