FlareGames
Sign in to follow this  
Alysea

Partial Ascension

I never tried this. How does it work?

What is the state after partial ascension ? 

• do you get the same amount of tokens as in case of full ascension?
  • what are the starting items and their level? I understand that items from before partial ascension get lost? 
  • do you loose all boxes from bosses from lower floors? 

Thanks for your answers.

I men't that you get a chest from a boss each 3 floors. So by starting for example from 300'th you loose chance to get ~100 easy chests.

50 gems is way too much and if you miss out on getting boss chests from the floors you skip then it's not worth it at any price, imo. I had the option to partial ascend last time and I would've started around floor 1000. That would've cost me well over 300 boss chests to start at a high level with crappy gear at level 1....no thanks

My view is that you stand to loose aprox 30-400 lvl on your weapon(main equipment) if you take the partial ascention from not doing the lower floors, if you ascend from fl 2400. You miss out on a lot of chests that could give you The Grande ect. With the right equipment the lower lvls that you skip by doing the partial is done by a nights passive gaming OL. Bottom line; The pros do not make up for the cons! //Garagos

ps. This ia all theory, i have never taken the option...

Edited by Garagos

So I guess, if there were any chests from the lower level that you skipped, or you'd start with higher level equipment, someone would have brought that information already.

I'm also wondering... If you do partial ascension and your equipment is level 1, won't you get one-hitted all the time for the next `fewminutes, until your armor has gotten at least some upgrades? The benefits from the permanent upgrades probably aren't strong enough to keep you alive...  -.-

I'd say, partial ascension would only be worth it, or even make sense, if you'd get all the chests from bosses you skipped at once, when you start. otherwise you just crippled your next run...

edit: by the way^^ I recently ascended two times quickly in a row. Lost a lot of progress there (since I received less starter-gold by the second ascension). But I had to do it, because of the owlet event with reduced bounty timers (what a fun time^^). I got stuck with 2 bounties, 20 bosses while frenzy, 30 floors. And I just had those bounties several times before. So I was right at an impossible boss and I already opened many purple chests with adds that day. It would probably take 12-18 hours, or even much more, until I could do those bounties. Doing an early ascension was the best solution. But for sure, I didn't rush all the way through as fast as possible... I stayed around level 400-500 and only progressed in levels, when I had to do for bounties. Now I'm at 995^^ And probably will keep this playstyle, so that I can do any upcoming bounty relativily fast. And I know, I can't beat my previous highest floor (3110) anyway before my weapon reaches lvl 9000+. And since gold drops from bosses don't matter at all, I'm feeling pretty fine on those low levels^^ And I was lucky and I already found The Grande and Barron...

So, just to say... partial ascension may also interfer with bounties. I assume, it puts you close to the wall, where you can't rush levels anymore.

Edited by thinkdeep