FlareGames
Dvspns

Epic debate over dodge

Help from the system admin would be fantastic with this one. 

Currently my friend and I are having a debate over which defensive mechanic is best, like a ranking system for specific stats.  This is where dodge comes. 

Can some someone please explain dodge. 

Our discussion started with the legendary helm that has "every 3rd attack dodge".  

Question 1: is %dodge the same for every opponent that swings at you,  or just your knights target?

Question 2: does stacking dodge with the legendary helm have any diminishing returns? 

Depending on how dodge works in this game it could  greatly effect my favorite  legendary helm.  If any light can be shed I would love to settle this discussion . 

Ultimately,  the question is .... Is dodge the best defensive attribute to have!? 

Anyone reading this I would love to see your list of best to worst gear attributes 

Edited by Dvspns
Horrible proof reading

That's a tough discussion. And we won't probably get the real answer, without some information from the devs...  good you're asking them as first^^

My impression/opinion: Dodge is rather a weak stat, compared to the other options. And, dodge isn't reliable, so if you need that one hit to survive you might have to try many times, before you dodge at the right moment. That brings something else into my memory... at the last bosshunt, I got stuck on a boss, which one hitted me everytime! And I had 8% dodge on helmet and 9% on cloak. Even 8% from munchy. BUT! Dodge simply didn't work with that boss's first hit! I tried over 30 times, or even much more, but got one hitted everytime! No single dodge on that first hit. So I'm not even sure how good it's working on bosses...  If it works at all with bosses, or if it's kinda counted as with the legendary helmet you mentioned, where I would always dodge the 4% attack at 27% dodge; which wouldn't make any sense...  -.-

Unluckely I haven't got that helmet in stash at the moment, otherwise I'd do some testing. The fights are usually over too fast to get some data for this. But if anyone is ascending soon, you could save up some very low weapon, rush through some levels until the bosses can hit you for 20-30 times before you die and you don't kill it with the low weapon.

But about it's usefullness; The other possible stats would be +50% armor, or damage/armor/speed after hit on helmet and after skill on cloak. Although cloaks can also have good offensive stats against which dodge has to compete. I doubt it's worth stacking there.

I guess best defense would be simply stacking on armor. +50% armor and +50% armor when low hp on helmet (or after hit), and +50% armor and +20% armor (or whatever the max is) after skill on cloak.

I feel any chance to medigate 100% damage is something worth discussing.  My friends and I often talk about mechanics of games and play style.  Hoping to shine a light on this particular topic. 

Thanks for your response @thinkdeep