FlareGames
Primathon

ZGS Weapons Comparison Page (need your help to fill this out!)

Is that weapon you just picked up any good? Better than the one you're using? Want to see what you have to look forward to? Look no further.

1496537771883screensave.png.95e064bd5e9722a3a603eb41a4298f7d.png

Just a little something I threw together to help me keep track of what was what in this game. Would love to get your help to fill this out! If you find this useful and you'd like to contribute:

1. Take a screenshot of any un-boosted level 1 weapons not already on the list
  2. Upload the image to a free hosting service like imgur.com, where you can create an album that contains ALL the images at once
  3. Send the links to me either by sending me a private message or posting the imgur link in this thread
  4. ...and I'll get them uploaded!

That should give a baseline to extrapolate stats, since boosting every weapon and rarity seems to follow roughly the same formula. Enjoy!

Edited by Primathon
add'l instructions

@Primathon, this is great!

this data is very eye opening and has left me scratching my head. I was looking at auto cannons, since those are our mainstay weapons, and trying to figure out how they compared. first off, I only looked at numbers for the common versions. I assumed that fire rate meant rounds per second and that damage was per round. these are guesses, since I've never seen these characteristics explained anywhere. given that, to come up with a basic damage-per-second number, I said that dps = (damage / fire rate) * accuracy. so, for a level 1 common 5.56mm machine gun you get (32 damage / .08 fire rate) * .5 accuracy for a total of 200 dps. I'm sure this has no bearing in reality, but it gives me a way to compare weapons based on the available stats. here's how that breaks down for each weapon in the auto cannon class:

• 5.56mm - 200 dps
  • 7.62mm - 105 dps
  • 20mm - 115 dps
  • 25mm - 214 dps
  • 30mm - 92 dps

now, that already looks weird to me. how is it that the very first, entry-level weapon we get is (vastly) superior to the highest tier weapon in that class?! ok, so let's account for the other two stats: overheat and cooldown. let's say that sustained dps is a measure of how much damage you can do before you overheat (dps * overheat) divided by the total time to overheat and cooldown. so, (dps * overheat) / (overheat + cooldown) = sustained dps. I know this doesn't reflect how we'd use the weapon in game, but it gives me another way to compare weapons. using the 5.56mm again, it works out to (200 dps * 3 seconds to overheat) / (3 seconds to overheat + 5.26 seconds to cooldown) for a sustained dps of about 72.6. here's the breakdown for each weapon:

• 5.56mm - 72.6 dps
  • 7.62mm - 51.4 dps
  • 20mm - 46 dps
  • 25mm - 107 dps
  • 30mm - 52.6 dps

this makes no sense to me. the 5.56mm and 25mm are clear winners based on this, but one is the very first weapon you get and the other doesn't become available until level 24... and both of them beat the crap out of the level 30 weapon by a huge margin!

I can't imagine that this is arbitrary or accidental; programmers just don't think that way. so, what's the incentive to unlock higher level auto cannons if what we get from day 1 is the best we can get? how does this make any sense? why does the highest rank auto cannon suck so bad in comparison to a starting weapon? does the damage on higher tier weapons scale up faster when boosting? is it just the common level ranks that look funny?

I'm hoping someone will point out a flaw in this comparison, because otherwise I am really confused!

Thanks to everyone who's been sending in screenshots -- to get around the "three images per post or message" limit on here, I suggest the following:

1. Take a screenshot of any un-boosted level 1 weapons not already on the list
  2. Upload the image to a free hosting service like imgur.com, where you can create an album that contains ALL the images at once
  3. Send the links to me either by sending me a private message or posting the imgur link in this thread
  4. ...and I'll get them uploaded!

:)

Edited by Primathon

...and as a follow-up, we've successfully got data on ALL the common weapons in the game! Probably about 2/3rds of the uncommons, and I think it's a safe bet to say that the rest have a far lower drop rate. Keep 'em coming!

Edited by Primathon
formatting

Eh, I tried posting the images, but I can't figure out how. Maybe this site doesn't like Photobucket links.

It doesn't like imgur either :/.

I sent op a pm with the link.

Edited by Truegrave
No pics