FlareGames
Wayward

YOU NERFED ATHENA BY 50%

2 minutes ago, dumpster said:

It's called Pandora's Box, not Toxic Cloud.

I'm seeing similar drama playing out here, last month, in RR2, the most popular and heavily forged (invested) Toxic Cloud got nerfed and nerfed harshly. Seems we've got the same guys for balancing. ^^

Just now, KKStar said:

I'm seeing similar drama playing out here, last month, in RR2, the most popular and heavily forged (invested) Toxic Cloud got nerfed and nerfed harshly. Seems we've got the same guys for balancing. ^^

I was just making a joke, but yeah, it sounds like a similar situation.

And I think that everyone here who is debating in good faith understands that balancing a video game like this is basically one of the hardest parts. If it were easy, every game would be balanced and nobody would ever make mistakes.  It just seems like OR swings from one extreme to the other quite often. One update makes defense incredibly overpowering, the next one guts defense and makes offense king. When Nyx towers were released they were insanely overpowered, then instead of being toned down they got gutted.

But those type of things stand out, and nobody really notices when the devs get things right on the first try. It's a small staff and it's not like they can do open beta testing on a live game. It just stinks that there's real money at play when things are out of whack. People spend thousands of dollars on this game.

Exactly @dumpster

Small steps can be better for fine tuning it without giving a bitter taste. 

It's great that the other heroes got buffed.

I assume with the Odyssey, it will get easier too (by enhancing powers etc) but it will take a long time.

20 minutes ago, KKStar said:

it is not a play, it is a fraud. Who would spend money and time knowing that then flargames changes everything and that money and time they end in the toilet?

9 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Odyssey is also crazy expensive and starts getting brutally hard before the rewards get good. It's MAJOR pay to play. Worse than anything else I've seen in the game.

Yes, at lower level when you're still paying for upgrades, it costs you an arm.

It feels like the rewards are not at the level of the challenge/efforts.

The idea is good but requires to be more accessible. It is more an endgame feature, but by giving access to it to all players, it should not feel like they're losing a lot if they don't spend for it.

2 minutes ago, ataide said:

Yes, at lower level when you're still paying for upgrades, it costs you an arm.

It feels like the rewards are not at the level of the challenge/efforts.

The idea is good but requires to be more accessible. It is more an endgame feature, but by giving access to it to all players, it should not feel like they're losing a lot if they don't spend for it.

I know with my alt I can choose between upgrading towers and abilities, donating, and Odyssey. I can't do all 3 without spending lots of gems. And even with my main I'm spending gems because the difficulty is so high.

23 hours ago, Wayward said:

I've seen you money sucking game wrecking mother fukers do some pretty shit things in this game but nerfing Athena attack by 50%? Are you serious?

Not a mention of it in your official updates? 

This and the fact your spamming crap items in packages you charge people money could actually be the dumbest of the 100s of dumb things you've done to ruin this game in the name of profit. 

Fuck you. Fuck you very much. 

Wayward. 

My Athena has attacking strength now of 4700 and Hercules and Prometheus has 10000? Come on FG what the hell is going on? You have weakened Athena unnecessarily. Instead of being the strongest she has been stripped of her powers. Do another update and put it right 

The issue is not the reduced powers on heroes, 
The problem is that we put so much time , money , afforts. And what we get after, everything is taken over just like it's nothing..

That's what pieces everyone off . You can't just come and take everything you want, I put my money on it , my time. 
Bull shit

And if we're talking of nerfs, just wanted to add that basically taking away Jason bonus on life items was disappointing too.. from 20% to 3% means really to kill it.

Now you added the third power to him and that more than compensate the reduction of the bonus but .. to be honest, now he is just a normal hero that you play like all the others. Before this change, you had to equip him differently from the others and play him differently as well.

So overall about Jason at least, you didn't really nerf him in the end, but you killed his uniqueness, I fear.

7 minutes ago, Dheth said:

And if we're talking of nerfs, just wanted to add that basically taking away Jason bonus on life items was disappointing too.. from 20% to 3% means really to kill it.

Now you added the third power to him and that more than compensate the reduction of the bonus but .. to be honest, now he is just a normal hero that you play like all the others. Before this change, you had to equip him differently from the others and play him differently as well.

So overall about Jason at least, you didn't really nerf him in the end, but you killed his uniqueness, I fear.

This is a really good point. Jason got crippled by nyx towers, but was a super fun, super unique hero before that, and his health on hit was a big part. He just straight up needed a buff, not a re-balance.

@Eahan

Flargames does not answer you, he is too busy counting the money that we gave him for the improvements of Athena and instead they changed the rules and gave us the weaker hero of all
Now flargames looks for ways to force us to give her more money with other heroes promising wonderful things.
But how can we trust a similar company after what they did ?
How much is it worth what they promise? It is worth zero
I hope the players understand and do not want to throw more money in the toilet thinking the words of flargames
Edited by vasudeva1

@Wayward

I propose to supplement the title of the topic with the words "stop buy gems"
Did you see how they ignore us? They say nothing. They think we'll get tired sooner or later.
So I propose not to buy more gems until they repel things like they were before, we have to do it all, we are at least 2000 players in this situation and if we stop buying gems flargames we certainly do not have 20000-50000 euros per week and since flargamest is not google This will have a weight
Let's put them on bread and onions and see if we get tired before we are ignored and cheated or them to stay without money
Also alert all members of your alliances

Because if we do cheat then fiat will feel authorized to make us worse still instead have to understand that we are the ones who pay them ..... they give us nothing, rather they want to make easy money for nothing

1 hour ago, doomlord786 said:

@vasudeva1

Too much frustrated for athena. But she can be playable even now. The only thing is you need to change the strategy.

when you stop to troll (is the second time you try to cover my arguments) and you understand that it is not frustration, we have spent much  real money and what flargames has done is a cheating will be a great day

In the meantime returns to do the good friend of flargames hoping they will give you the gift

doomlord of India lvl 111 one of those who believes to be god, that his base must be untouchable and cry if Athena (NORMAL) destroys it

thanks for not reply and not continue to pollute our discussion

Edited by vasudeva1

My Athena reached lvl 19 without her 5th power slot and Ajax is still doing great as usual.

They nerfed the two Heroes I currently play the most, but as long as the game is balanced, I'm okay.

Edited by Tomaxo
typo

25 minutes ago, Tomaxo said:

My Athena reached lvl 19 without her 5th power slot and Ajax is still doing great as usual.

They nerfed the two Heroes I currently play the most, but as long as the game is balanced, I'm okay.

@Tomaxo

yes, you are right, they are usable, but the disappointment is that you have spent real money and time to have heroes able to face all the challenges now if you encounter a good gate of caos and 5 divine blessings you lose have some problems and lose 15 trophies for nothing

On 2017-6-14 at 5:14 PM, Tomaxo said:

[admin: Removed personal insult. Please refrain from insulting other members]

Do you even understand what balanced is?

It's taking something that made Flare a lot of money and gave the player's a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment and destroying it because too many players are now able to win with no gems and Flares share holders are more important than Flares customer's. 

@Wayward

While you have the right to be disappointed and angry about Flare, you should stay polite.

I cannot stand this type of reply and behavior!
"If you don't spend cash on this game STFU and thank those of us who do because without us it is back to playing with your pet rock for you peasant."

@Tomaxo was sharing is point of view, that's all.

And you know what I think about all of this, if you have spent money in this game you can only blame yourself. Nothing more nothing less.
Nothing is eternal in this type of game, things are often tweaked. So when you spend money on it you know what you do and what can happen later.

On 14/06/2017 at 5:46 PM, Wayward said:

If you don't spend cash on this game STFU and thank those of us who do because without us it is back to playing with your pet rock for you peasant. 

Do you even understand what balanced is?

It's taking something that made Flare a lot of money and gave the player's a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment and destroying it because too many players are now able to win with no gems and Flares share holders are more important than Flares customer's. 

Me, peasant, want to thank you, King Wayward, for supporting Flare and free2play players with your money.

Balanced means tough and challenging but doable.

You should know that OR is pay2win. Because I'm still a mid-level player and I'm still progressing (and I'm still learning some aspects of the game), I don't need to spend money yet, but I play hard and sweat (and swear too :lol:) a lot. Eventually, when I'll reach high level, I will probably spend money too.

Athena, goddess of wisdom, taught me to be wise.

Edited by Tomaxo
typo

8 hours ago, Aitherios said:

@Wayward

While you have the right to be disappointed and angry about Flare, you should stay polite.

I cannot stand this type of reply and behavior!
"If you don't spend cash on this game STFU and thank those of us who do because without us it is back to playing with your pet rock for you peasant."

@Tomaxo was sharing is point of view, that's all.

And you know what I think about all of this, if you have spent money in this game you can only blame yourself. Nothing more nothing less.
Nothing is eternal in this type of game, things are often tweaked. So when you spend money on it you know what you do and what can happen later.

Thanks @Aitherios.

While STFU is often regarded as bad language, it can be interpreted in a polite form as "Sir, That's Freaking Ugly". ;)