Jump to content
FlareGames
Wayward

YOU NERFED ATHENA BY 50%

Recommended Posts

I've seen you money sucking game wrecking mother fukers do some pretty shit things in this game but nerfing Athena attack by 50%? Are you serious?

Not a mention of it in your official updates? 

This and the fact your spamming crap items in packages you charge people money could actually be the dumbest of the 100s of dumb things you've done to ruin this game in the name of profit. 

Fuck you. Fuck you very much. 

Wayward. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wayward said:

I've seen you money sucking game wrecking mother fukers do some pretty shit things in this game but nerfing Athena attack by 50%? Are you serious?

Not a mention of it in your official updates? 

This and the fact your spamming crap items in packages you charge people money could actually be the dumbest of the 100s of dumb things you've done to ruin this game in the name of profit. 

Fuck you. Fuck you very much. 

Wayward. 

 

Word of People's Champion! Amen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be the devil's advocate but Athena is still one of the greatest heroes. She's got 5 spells, which brings unvaluable power.

If she could beat the strongest defenses of the game in auto mode without any problem, nerfing if the right call.

 

Seems like you guys want to have invincible and powerful heroes so you can beat anyone for free. But in my opinion it should still be challenging for a top player to beat a top defense. 

Check this: https://youtu.be/HZfuiLmIe-Y

In this video I'm attacking a similar level player, who has a good path, a maxed defense with full war blessings and divine blessings.

My Athena is "only" level 18, i've never bought any item for her and never brought her to war. Why would I be able to beat that strong defense without struggling? 

So yes, it's challenging and she beats that defense only at last second, but to me it is more "normal"  this way than before when she could just crush any defense.

In war my defense was systematically crushed by anyone using Ajax or Athena. Maybe that update will bring a bit more balance (and maybe that will bring some diversity in all the heroes that are brought to war)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AwesomeDoud said:

I'll be the devil's advocate but Athena is still one of the greatest heroes. She's got 5 spells, which brings unvaluable power.

If she could beat the strongest defenses of the game in auto mode without any problem, nerfing if the right call.

 

Seems like you guys want to have invincible and powerful heroes so you can beat anyone for free. But in my opinion it should still be challenging for a top player to beat a top defense. 

Check this: https://youtu.be/HZfuiLmIe-Y

In this video I'm attacking a similar level player, who has a good path, a maxed defense with full war blessings and divine blessings.

My Athena is "only" level 18, i've never bought any item for her and never brought her to war. Why would I be able to beat that strong defense without struggling? 

So yes, it's challenging and she beats that defense only at last second, but to me it is more "normal"  this way than before when she could just crush any defense.

In war my defense was systematically crushed by anyone using Ajax or Athena. Maybe that update will bring a bit more balance (and maybe that will bring some diversity in all the heroes that are brought to war)...

you are level 114 whit items  powerful, also your units have the "doping" of divine blessings

The problem is not us who want an invincible hero but the high level players who wants their unbeatable bases

please make the same video and before attacking let us see the power of the items

i'm lvl 96 and tell me if this is normal Perseus lvl 14 makes double the damage of Athena at lvl 17

 

perseo.PNG

Atena.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vasudeva1 said:

you are level 114 whit items  powerful, also your units have the "doping" of divine blessings

The problem is not us who want an invincible hero but the high level players who wants their unbeatable bases

please make the same video and before attacking let us see the power of the items

i'm lvl 96 and tell me if this is normal Perseus lvl 14 makes double the damage of Athena at lvl 17

 

perseo.PNG

Atena.PNG

This is not fully valid point.

You are using trinklets with attack speed on Perseus and not on Athena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, vasudeva1 said:

you are level 114 whit items  powerful, also your units have the "doping" of divine blessings

The problem is not us who want an invincible hero but the high level players who wants their unbeatable bases

please make the same video and before attacking let us see the power of the items

i'm lvl 96 and tell me if this is normal Perseus lvl 14 makes double the damage of Athena at lvl 17

I don't claim for an unbeatable base,  I just think it's more fun if there is the right balance between offense and defense.

Of course I have rather "powerful" items cause they're based on ascension level, but I am attacking a player that is the same ascension level as me. Beating his defense is hard but doable without invocation. That looks like the right balance to me. :)

 

Before this update, anyone with a maxed Ajax or Athena could beat ANY defense, even in auto. That was boring for both the attacker and the defender. That is exactly thee type of battle logs we would get... I'm sure you'll agree that isn't very exciting for anyone.

mini_397888Untitled.jpg

 

You can't compare ONLY the hero DMG. Athena or Ariadne could even have no sword, they would still be mighty with their spells. :)

 

 

Edited by AwesomeDoud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AwesomeDoud

for me is not boring win the battle, for me is boring spend the money for nothing, for zero benefit, spend money and at the end to have a weaker hero;

please non don't talk about Ariadne otherwise flargames to force us spend gems and money for invocation would be able to reduce Ariadne reduce to a disgust ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is complete " BULL SHIT " I spend so much money and time in this game, I bought so much chests for gems just to make my lovely heroes stronger. And then after all you're gonna come and take that away from me ..." FUCK YOU ALL " 

im all with you Wayward, with every update they come up with , they have to fuck something up. 

                                    

Edited by Onelove007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Onelove007 said:

This is complete " BULL SHIT " I spend so much money and time in this game, I bought so much chests for gems just to make my lovely heroes stronger. And then after all you're gonna come and take that away from me ..." FUCK YOU ALL " 

im all with you Wayward, with every update they come up with , they have to fuck something up. 

                                    

The solution is to not spend more money and not buy more gems to improve the heroes because we have seen that the word of flargame is worth nothing and then we risk spending a lot of money. Then with a flargame update it becomes the heroes that we have improved the poor donkeys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the re-balancing was a little heavy handed. Right idea, but a very clumsy job.

Particularly with Ajax - yes, he was overpowered. A full strength Ajax with decent gear was more powerful than Zeus or Hades. It was a mistake to make him that powerful to begin with.

But that was the game we were all playing, and a lot of people spent months of game time grinding Ajax to level him, levelling up his powers, spending actual money and gems to get a hero that was super powerful. It was a lot of work (or money) for the people who did it, and he wasn't just nerfed a little bit, he was nerfed a lot. The first mistake was making him so powerful - if he was less powerful, some people might have made a calculation that for the amount of effort it would take to fully charge him up wasn't worth it and they would have spent more energy on other heroes.

But to weaken him so severely now is going to make the players who invested in Ajax pretty unhappy, and I understand where they're coming from. This game's a lot of work for not a lot of payback at high levels, and the fundamental gameplay hasn't changed at all. It's repetitive and boring to play the game as much as high level players play it (and don't get me stated on how often we see some of the most widely used maps in the Odyssee challenge. Booooring.), so the reward for sinking all that time into a hero like Ajax is that you can kinda zone out while you play and not have to be on your A game all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you play Athena with cooldown items, she remains very much enjoyable. The difference is you cannot rush through the whole defense alone.

Get 20/30% cooldown on her and she does great. 

She has good leadership too so you have a decent Troops support in addition to her multiple powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ataide said:

If you play Athena with cooldown items, she remains very much enjoyable. The difference is you cannot rush through the whole defense alone.

Get 20/30% cooldown on her and she does great. 

She has good leadership too so you have a decent Troops support in addition to her multiple powers.

leadership is reduced,

now if you want defend flargames after this "upgrade-cheat" is an other think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ataide said:

If you play Athena with cooldown items, she remains very much enjoyable. The difference is you cannot rush through the whole defense alone.

Get 20/30% cooldown on her and she does great. 

She has good leadership too so you have a decent Troops support in addition to her multiple powers.

leadership is reduced,

now if you want defend flargames after this "upgrade-cheat" is an other think 

But for me that I have spent money and to make money I go to work all this is a sucker and a cheat
 
P.S.
For curiosity how  is your level? You will not be one of those players who do not want to be attacked and Athena strong (normal) will cause you trouble?
Edited by vasudeva1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vasudeva1 said:

leadership is reduced,

now if you want defend flargames after this "upgrade-cheat" is an other think 

But for me that I have spent money and to make money I go to work all this is a sucker and a cheat
 
P.S.
For curiosity how  is your level? You will not be one of those players who do not want to be attacked and Athena strong (normal) will cause you trouble?

Leadership is reduced but still good.

It's true that having the goddess of war with low melee damage IS weird. But she remains good. 

It might not be possible to autoplay some of the defenses, but if you play yourself you can make it without the use of gems.

I am level 114. I don't care about being attacked, it's a war game!

Everyone has different opinion. 😉

Ajax changes bother me more, as he and his power require a huge investment. Against Nyx towers he has a much tougher time. Even though he was too strong, these changes are a bit too hard, like @dumpster mentioned before.

What impacts people the most is not the change itself for Athena, because at higher level she remains decent. It is the "drastic" change which makes them feel insecure about what else could be changed tomorrow, after they spent money and time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Awesome Doud's response is thoughtful as is typical for him, but I think the issue here is the amount of time and money put into these two heroes. They're the two hardest to level and whatever the reason you do it (maybe you do want a hero that can auto through all defenses) those goals were set and achieved with a lot of grinding/time and often money. Honestly, I still find them both to be pretty strong, but i see why people are disappointed. I am glad to see the improvement in the other players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LBH1 said:

This does make me a bit more reluctant to pay for things in this game. Especially since gear seems to be needed at higher levels as well. 

Right, it is better not to spend money since flrgames is cheating by changing everything and you find yourself having spent money and time for nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×