FlareGames
Sign in to follow this  
Ghryswald

Zombie Slaughter is not a challenge.

The Zombie Slaughter event is not a challenge, and killing the 20,000(ish) required for the top tier rewards can be accomplished in under half an hour even with grey-trash weapons.

I like free stuff as much as the next airman. But I prefer to play games that challenge me.

So far the only challenge I'm getting from Zombie Gunship: Survival is surviving the monotony of grinding out loot for upgrades.

I hope we will see events in the future that make us actually work for the rewards.

Yeah, I'm happy.  I got a rare 7.62 for my trouble, and I've been looking for a decent secondary AC.  It's funny how long you can fire that s.o.b. without overheating when you're used to 5.56.

Edited by JimmyJazz
Typo

40 minutes ago, JimmyJazz said:

Yeah, I'm happy.  I got a rare 7.62 for my trouble, and I've been looking for a decent secondsry AC.  It's funny how long you can fire that s.o.b. without overheating when you're used to 5.56.

That's why I stick to my 7.62. It's not as damaging as the 5.56, and you can see that clearly in base defence, Grief, Stolen Property and other missions with lots of impalers, but also allows longer bursts. So far so good

22 hours ago, mabaeyens said:

That's why I stick to my 7.62. It's not as damaging as the 5.56, and you can see that clearly in base defence, Grief, Stolen Property and other missions with lots of impalers, but also allows longer bursts. So far so good

That's one of things I really don't understand with this game.

IMG_0010.PNG

Well keep in mind that bigger is not always better. If the projectile is flying too fast, then you will shoot through the target. But a slower one might start to wigggle around in the target and causes more harm.

also keep in mind bigger need more space to store and is heavier.  Oth. It necessary good on a plane.

Edited by ABurned

There are several differences, but a few dominate.  This is assuming 5.56x45mm NATO vs. 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition.

For military use:

(this assumes a group of soldiers, standard logistics, and automatic weapons, extended engagements or patrols)

5.56mm is vastly lighter, both for the ammunition and the associated weapons system.  You can carry roughly 3x as much 5.56mm as 7.62mm.  Given that modern soldiers are carrying 50-100 pounds of non-weapons equipment, this is a big factor.

7.62mm has greater range (800-1000m vs. 600m or so), although this is generally unneeded in modern combat.  The kind of general-purpose assault rifle most troops are issued would be hard pressed at 800m even with 7.62mm ammunition.  The latest 5.56mm long distance ammunition (77gr and heavier, e.g. the mk 262 mod 1) is more effective at longer ranges.

5.56mm is much less powerful.  For humans, this isn't always a major factor, especially in normal combat -- one round from either is likely to disable an enemy, if not immediately incapacitate.  For suppression, 5.56mm automatic fire is basically as effective as 7.62mm, with the exception being performance through light cover, or against light vehicles.  Again, the latest 5.56mm ammunition is much more effective against targets, even in close quarters.

Whatevs broheem. I ain't complaining about the challenge.  Compared to the one rIght before it where diamond was like 50k or 80k kills or whatever I'm happy with the 2 purple and 2 blue weapons that dropped

1 hour ago, whiskeywarchild said:

Whatevs broheem. I ain't complaining about the challenge.  Compared to the one rIght before it where diamond was like 50k or 80k kills or whatever I'm happy with the 2 purple and 2 blue weapons that dropped

Well, you did better than most of us! Also definitely better this than almost 3 hours to get those 80k for the same number of bolts

Sign in to follow this