FlareGames
Sign in to follow this  
Slaughterhouse

Bolts! Arrgh....

Early on in the game bolts seem a fairly useless commodity.  At one point I had well over 20k.  But, as you start moving weapons up the chart to prepare to fuse at levels 4, 5, 6 your bolts start being consumed at an alarming rate, especially if you are using gold or purchases to top off your metal supplies.  Basically, your metal supplies (which through various means) are renewable, start outpacing your accumulation of bolts which cannot be bought.  So I am sitting here now, awash in metal supplies (and gold) without a decent supply of bolts for upgrading.  Yes, you get some bolts in crates and for each battle, but I am finding now it is much easier and faster to get metal supplies than it is to get bolts.  Sure would be nice to be able to spend some gold to build up the bolt stock.

Finished the event that started this morning. When you finish it you will have plenty of bolts from all the useless junk you have to scrap. Got nothing above a common (Green) weapon from every crate I opened. Either I already had one or didn't need what I received. 

Edited by swampwalker

If you are playing along steadily (without buying any of the packages or spending your gold on metal) the pace of acquisition/use of bolts and metal is probably in balance.  Its when you start buying and spending large amounts of metal that you disrupt things and can find yourself with more metal than you can use due to low levels of bolts.  And when you are moving things up to levels 4 and 5 in order to fuse you need alot of bolts.

I've only upgraded once to 4stars, at the beginning with my 5.56 uncommon. Then I had the feeling to waste metal so I stick with it until Interstate, where I've looted rare 5.56 and 7.62.. But now I think I'm going to have the same feeling.. That's why I've all these bolts I guess

I did the same thing as OP.  When I discovered the workshop limit, I did a bottom-up boost & fuse strategy, turning all of the 1* stuff into 2*.  Now I'm about 70% through turning all of the 2* into 3*.  In the first stage, I depleted all 20K bolts.  Now that I've moved on, I scrap all of the 1* stuff that comes my way, and my bolts have recovered to about 12K.

If you ever happen to drop a Legendary or Epic, have handy some 50k bolts to get them to 4 stars, where they really make the difference. Times 7 possible weapons in your loadout, bolts might seem useless but they are not definitely.

3 hours ago, JimmyJazz said:

I did the same thing as OP.  When I discovered the workshop limit, I did a bottom-up boost & fuse strategy, turning all of the 1* stuff into 2*.  Now I'm about 70% through turning all of the 2* into 3*.  In the first stage, I depleted all 20K bolts.  Now that I've moved on, I scrap all of the 1* stuff that comes my way, and my bolts have recovered to about 12K.

Bad strat buddy, I've got plenty of 3?without any upgrades.

3 hours ago, mabaeyens said:

If you ever happen to drop a Legendary or Epic, have handy some 50k bolts to get them to 4 stars, where they really make the difference. Times 7 possible weapons in your loadout, bolts might seem useless but they are not definitely.

Yay, I just miss a Legendary, so maybe one day I'll spend these bolts ?