FlareGames
Hellslord

🔥🔥🔥DEVS, WARS ARE NOT FAIR. GIVE US FAIR BATTLES PLEASE🔥🔥🔥

the question is why not make a special event for Christmas? in OR we have no Festival or no special events just 3 special chest during 24-25 and 26 but nothing more. I guess Olympus Rising team are not attracted by Christmas or any holiday :( like RR2 team

why not have make this Campaign War special like you have 2x more chance to unlock more chest or for each 10k VP you earn a christmas special chest or each 20k,etc...

sad nothing was make in OR

Edited by Warriornator

2 minutes ago, Warriornator said:

the question is why not make a special event for Christmas? in OR we have no Festival or no special events just 3 special chest during 24-25 and 26 but nothing more. I guess Olympus Rising team are not attracted by Christmas or any holiday :( like RR2 team

why not have make this Campaign War special like you have 2x more chance to unlock more chest or for each 10k VP you earn a christmas special chest or each 20k,etc...

sad nothing was make in OR

Is there alliance wars at RR2? If yes how is it? Same like OR?

28 minutes ago, Hellslord said:

Is there alliance wars at RR2? If yes how is it? Same like OR?

less stressful. We have have a map and the leader choose the one they want to attack close of your position. In the past we have 10 attack but after complain they have reduce at 4. So you must choice 4 opponent who give the must skull point. In RR2 we have Skulls perk who up the number of skulls. If someone have 35% skulls bonus can earn 1,250 and if someone have 0% can earn max 1,015

the system is not the same. the 3 first count at 100% and the rest only 2% of the max score by example the 4th attack at 1,015 is 2% so a little +22 skulls. We have COF (chamber of fortune like the vault in OR) we can get extra skulls like extra VP in OR

similar but the only difference is we do the 4 attack in a row and its over. We most wait the next days to attack with a another wave.

So for a person who have a job and a family,etc.. and don't have much time free. Do is attack the morning and its over. No stress. Everyone attack

I must have a video of the alliance wars somewhere on my youtube channel. I will post it

Very very old the system have change. that was 2 years ago

With old system :

there was no Champion feature and Shield Feature

Everyone was able to attack for 23 hours with infinite attack until they have foods

The new system since 1 year :

I don't remember the reason why they have change the system but since 1 year. probably to remove abuse. Many was able to spend money to do like 100 attack or more. So Flare change it

a leader and general can now use Champion on members. allow them to do more fight 10 without and with Champion 20 attack. Shield was added so if you have members who given so much skulls points. Leader and general can use shield to half the skulls they given

Also the infinite attack was gone and a limit of 10 attack was added. But just for 1 year. today since few month a limit of 4 attack. So a members attack 4 times and its over

Edited by Warriornator

54 minutes ago, Warriornator said:

less stressful. We have have a map and the leader choose the one they want to attack close of your position. In the past we have 10 attack but after complain they have reduce at 4. So you must choice 4 opponent who give the must skull point. In RR2 we have Skulls perk who up the number of skulls. If someone have 35% skulls bonus can earn 1,250 and if someone have 0% can earn max 1,015

the system is not the same. the 3 first count at 100% and the rest only 2% of the max score by example the 4th attack at 1,015 is 2% so a little +22 skulls. We have COF (chamber of fortune like the vault in OR) we can get extra skulls like extra VP in OR

similar but the only difference is we do the 4 attack in a row and its over. We most wait the next days to attack with a another wave.

So for a person who have a job and a family,etc.. and don't have much time free. Do is attack the morning and its over. No stress. Everyone attack

I must have a video of the alliance wars somewhere on my youtube channel. I will post it

Very very old the system have change. that was 2 years ago

With old system :

there was no Champion feature and Shield Feature

Everyone was able to attack for 23 hours with infinite attack until they have foods

The new system since 1 year :

I don't remember the reason why they have change the system but since 1 year. probably to remove abuse. Many was able to spend money to do like 100 attack or more. So Flare change it

a leader and general can now use Champion on members. allow them to do more fight 10 without and with Champion 20 attack. Shield was added so if you have members who given so much skulls points. Leader and general can use shield to half the skulls they given

Also the infinite attack was gone and a limit of 10 attack was added. But just for 1 year. today since few month a limit of 4 attack. So a members attack 4 times and its over

Thx for detailed info. It is clear that RR2 team made changes (i do not want to discuss more) for war according to players complains. We are experiencing the same complains (again not all, most of us) after making the same stresfull (again not all, most of us) wars for a year. Attacking 4 in a row, leaders can attack more etc looks good. No push on players, that is cool.

5 minutes ago, dumpster said:

That would be so much better. The current war system in OR is awful. I think it's making me actually sick and causing my personal life to suffer.

Really same thoughts. Playing for high end limits both personally and for team make me so sick too. 

Warriornator only told half the story, I'm afraid.

Top wars in RR2 are incredibly expensive for many players - to the tune of 50 US$ or even more per war season for lower level players in top alliances.

In addition, each tile has 6 attacks or 16, depending on whether you are champion for the alliance or not. 4 attacks is a one-off special war condition for the Xmas war season. The number of tiles is only limited by the number of alliances bordering. Interesting war seasons will usually average around 3 active tiles per day - for at least 18, and up to 48 attacks per player. If your alliance gets targeted, you can end up with over 100 raids for the champions, each of 5 days.

The mechanics of RR2 war maps are vastly inferior in my mind for top level wars. There are basically two sets of alliances at the top level. To accumulate bonuses and have easier wars, they often end up swapping tiles for 4 out of the 5 war days, making wars nothing but tedious on those 4 days.

Note: There has been a recent change in the war system which may stop or limit some of the tile swapping... still remains to be seen, as the change is too recent to judge.

The skull bonuses that Warriornator mentioned are the biggest pay to win feature I've ever seen in any game. Starting from the mid-level to the top-level, certain skull bonus thresholds are minimum requirements to be remotely competitive. To get a top skull bonus, you have to forge 5 pieces of equipment over 200 times each. Every round of forging requires the approx. equivalent if 2 hours farming for "pearls" (a forging currency). In addition, you have a 1 week cool-down on forging after the 20th or so time. To skip the cool-down is astronomically expensive. The best case scenario is a special forging event, where the cost is around 100 gems to skip one forge. For a good mid-level player to be able to move up to a top alliance, he needs to forge his gear from around 30-50 times to 200 for 5 items - so 5 x 150 = 750 times which is the equivalent of 75000 gems, provided he put in the required 750 x 2 hours of farming already. Oh - and to be really competitive, you also have to forge each spell, troop and tower around 60 times ... you're now North of 250 000 gems and will have to pay A LOT of extra gems for Pearls, since you can't possibly farm them all, unless you're online literally 24 x 7.

So - why my big blob about RR2? Because no war system that I've seen is perfect and caters to all levels. How well a war system works depends to a large extent where you are in relation to the main target audience of the designers of the war system. The particular difficulty with OR, imho, is that the field of alliances is very mixed and there is no huge "mid-field" that you can cater for.

The lower end will always end up with alliances of vastly different player skill *and* activity placed on the same map. Any ganging up is almost incidental, because you have no clue, if you're attacking an alliance of 15 players that never enter the war season, or 15 players that'll go all out and have the hero level vs. fury regeneration rate figured out and actually sent their 2 highest level heroes.

The middle end has entirely different problems - mostly player motivation (different levels thereof) in my experience. Some want to go all out, some still haven't figured out the basics of war. 

The high end has it's very own set of issues. That's where wars become stressful and time consuming - it's basically a given that everybody has three max level heroes and that every island is played for, in addition to a lot of strategy work being done. I never realized how many cool moves there are on an OR war map, until I was shown the rope in a high level alliance.

For me, the appeal of OR is that wars entail a lot of strategy and team work. Yes, I'd love to reduce some of the stressful aspects. But I'd hate to loose the strategic aspects of a strategy game (forced 1v1? nah ... and I play in an alliance that has been ganged up on a lot recently).

I'm not saying that I think the OR war system is perfect - far from it. The one day wars are atrocious - almost no strategy and a lot of time pressure. The two day wars are barely better. The long war seasons are fun. Very personally, the timing aspects often suck for me. Wars end Sunday 4/5pm my time, which is terrible, as that's squarely in the middle of family time. But I haven't seen any suggestions in this thread that would change the mechanics for the better across the board (i.e., for low/mid/high level wars).

There are some cool ideas above to add "spice" to a war season though.

Take the above as what it is ... a random blurb on the comments above re: RR2 and a little bit of musing around the OR system ;-)

Cheers,

Prom

PS: One thing that I don't like about OR is that the algorithm to calculate how much VP an opponent is worth has no ceiling. It punishes players for maxing their accounts, since they are worth the most VP but get the least VP in exchange. In RR2, the equivalent uses a max level of 105 - if you're over level 105, 105 is used for the calculations, thus not making maxed accounts a liability. Whilst the details differ, something like that in OR would be preferable to me personally, as I don't like the idea of scoring less and being worth more points for the opposition as a penalty for leveling up past a certain point. OR basically uses the level differential whereas RR2 just uses the target's level and VP doesn't increase anymore past level 105, in a nutshell.

Edited by Prometheus

The two short war formats should go. The long war works because people can better use their fury on their own schedule. Skirmish forces you to be glued to your phone for 48 hours because there's so much of it, and clash has two fixed end points that are completely awful for about half the player base, and the format is weird on top of that.

The big problem is that it just isn't fun enough to do every single weekend. One one, one off would be fine.

I don't know in first place why they have do Skirmish and Clash. Skirmish its well on the limit. 2 days but not much fun and Clash totally useless. 2 Strike only for 1 day? you have just the time to do just some fight and not much. ridiculous. impossible to get all the chest. The only one who have a little sense is the Campaign. 3 days of Wars who allow everyone who have unlock 3 heroes to gain huge amount of Godlike chest and Titan

Whilst I dislike the 1 and 2 day wars for the amount of time spent in the wars for little strategic depth, I get all chests in every war format - and have done so without fail for many months. The same is true for many other players in my alliance (and my previous alliance too).

This is not meant as a criticism or anything of that nature, but simply a statement of "If chests are important to you, have 3 heroes, don't miss any fury and the war chests are yours". On the 1 day war, I have a margin of 1 set of fury, usually. 2 sets on the longer wars. I.e., I can miss 3 attacks (or fail 6 timed @ 50%) and still get all chests in the 1 day war; miss around 6 attacks or fail 12 @ 50% in the longer wars.

3 hours ago, Prometheus said:

Whilst I dislike the 1 and 2 day wars for the amount of time spent in the wars for little strategic depth, I get all chests in every war format - and have done so without fail for many months. The same is true for many other players in my alliance (and my previous alliance too).

This is not meant as a criticism or anything of that nature, but simply a statement of "If chests are important to you, have 3 heroes, don't miss any fury and the war chests are yours". On the 1 day war, I have a margin of 1 set of fury, usually. 2 sets on the longer wars. I.e., I can miss 3 attacks (or fail 6 timed @ 50%) and still get all chests in the 1 day war; miss around 6 attacks or fail 12 @ 50% in the longer wars.

It does get tougher at lower levels because the players are worth less VP. 

5 hours ago, dumpster said:

It does get tougher at lower levels because the players are worth less VP. 

Confirmed, I have to fight people 120+ to get all the chests, all while being 97. I dont mind too much cause they have to suck for me to defeat them anyway, but the difference is still somewhat annoying

1 hour ago, dumpster said:

Yeah, so if you want the good stuff you have to cram everything in after war has started when you don’t have enough gold and can’t use your war heroes. 

What are the chances of special "holiday war suspension" though? Would be great, for it is the 2-day one anyway

Hey all,

Apologies that this excellent, thoughtful and useful thread has gone so long unanswered. 

We are listening to your complaints about the Wars and we are reading your comments and suggestions. We plan to improve the Wars, and are discussing the changes which will be made; every critique and/or idea is useful, though you must bear in mind that we cannot implement all requests, nor can we please everyone (but we can try!).

A couple of pointers I'd like to make to keep you guys a bit more in the loop with the changes:

• We will not be forbidding Alliance Alliances, this is part of the game, and it's part of warfare. Beat them or join them. That said, we know that this causes problems, particularly in the thin field of top-level Alliance Wars. This is also an area we are considering.
  • We will be removing Clash from the rotation shortly, until further improvements and changes arrive. It will be replaced by a weekend with no War.
  • Version 3.9 will not contain War changes. It will be coming fairly soon, and once it is confirmed we will bring you more information, but it will be a smaller, more focused version, and will come with a lot of quality-of-life improvements.
  • Version 4.0 will be the version we plan to include War changes, obviously it will be the next major version after 3.9. It is also planned to bring other changes to this version, but Wars will be the focus.

My hope is that in the run up to the version we will also share some plans with you guys and further discuss ideas, as, although we are actively playing the game and do have a lot of experience with maxing out Fury use in crazy 2v1 Wars, you guys are the masters at the game.

So tl;dr, your comments are not falling on deaf ears, keep them coming, and thanks!

P.S.: Please remember that other people have different ideas and opinions. Please also let them voice their opinions without having a backlash or personal insults.