Hero Tribute! - Writing Contest

There was a brave hero called Ajax

Who suffered from really bad ear wax

It made his head spin

And he’d make quite a din

As it couldn’t be cured with a climax

(Voltaria)

A gift for Zeus

It was a sunny morning on Mount Olympus. Athena and Calliope decided to visit a small town, an artist town renowned by artists, poets, painters, blacksmiths and more.

They wanted to choose a gift to honour the strength of their father, Zeus.

In human disguise, they walked all day in the picturesque alleys of the small town, but nothing they saw really caught their eye.

The incoming night caught them walking back toward home, while passing the wood they saw a small hut, where the dying light of the sunset was reflecting shimmers of all colours. Yellow to red, blue to green, and with curiosity they knocked the door.

A little child opened it and welcomed them in. They asked where the shimmering did come from, and the child answered, from the workshop of her mother.

Once there, a thousand items made by blown glass charmed them. They commissioned the woman an item .. an item worth of a god.

The woman remained silent for a moment, and then started blowing and model the glass, and soon a wonderful bolt took shape, in honour of the King of all Gods.

A glance between Athena and Calliope, and they decided to buy it. After that, they revealed themselves to the woman, and to pay back for the kindness Calliope caressed the woman, gifting her creativity for the rest of her life, while the kiss of Athena granted her profession the protection of the goddess from now on.

Once back on Mount Olympus, the gift was presented to their father, which proud of them has been holding it with him since then.

Calliop3

I hate Perseo

I hate you, Perseo,
Why Perseo have to face up the griffin?
How many treasure I spent to support your stupid runs?
Then, a day, you've found your soul, you found a new flaming sword and our anemy has started to burn.
Perseo finally has defeated the griffin and starts to fly on his wings.
His wings now is at your feet and nothing can't stop him.
Fly Perseo, bring us to the Victory.

netherlander

ohhh ... Perseus Perseus, where are you that I do not see you, it will be that my look was petrified, or is that only the feeling cooled down for your beloved ... 

ohhhhh... Perseus Perseus, you left to the odyssey before my claim , and you brought all the prizes as gifts, that's why I chose you to defend my door, and make it difficult for the Russians to attack ..... 

ohhhhh... Perseus Perseus, you are the fastest and with that speed you managed to increase my admiration, please resist in the strongest wars I ask you from the bottom of my heart ...

Tabrioh 🤘

Our hero Heracles ||

You gonna protect us
You gonna take out all the enemy.. 
You gonna help us give back our islands..
You gonna give us chance to be strong and be safe..
You You are OUR HERO.. YOU YOU Heracles..

YOU gonna destroy all the gate with all your power..

When day the monster his name Ajax came with many ugly enemy to take our island and we feel scare but in the last time our hero Heracles came faster and destory 
all the enemy with his power and meet the monster Ajax and was very difficult to beat him!
But our hero in that's moment remember all the good thing in our land and we give him some of our life to restore his healthy to safe us
and he become strong.. He kill him and safe us from that monster.. 

My Account in the game: Aba Sohaib

Edited by Samir
add my nickname in the game

Gods Deals
An humble American Gods spin off

It was late night, the cold wind howling in the empty alleys. The old man with the coat told the driver to park the car and wait for him outside the pub. For this business he wasn’t needed, yet.

He entered the old building, and went straight to the bartender. “Where is he?”, he asked flipping a gold coin toward him. The bartender nodded toward a corner table, where a bearded man was sitting in front of several empty glasses.

“Has he been ... indulging with booze tonight?”, the old man asked. With a strange smile, the bartender shook his head. “You know him. He loves the taste, but drinking won’t do for him. Not after that story. He tastes and spit It on the floor, cursing birds and something about a liver been ripped thousands of times won’t work as well any longer”.

The old man approached the table and took a seat next to the bearded man. “Good evening, my old friend”, he said. “I’m glad to find you still in this world”.

“I am sure you are glad. I know why you are here, rather I don’t know if I am glad for this”, the bearded man replied with an unpleasant tone.

“So, I assume they have been making you an offer already... a deal smelling too good to be truth?”

“They did”, the bearded man replied. “You know how they act, Wednesday or whatever name you go on nowadays. But my nose still works good enough to be wary getting involved in whatever crap you all are planning”. After a pause, he went on .. “You know about the deal Vulcan’s made with them, right? Of course, you do ... a little prayer on every bullet. I met that annoying idiot tech kid, that’s the one they sent me. The offer was getting in the lighter’s business. A little prayer to me every time someone’s killing himself with a cig.”

“It must have sound tempting, Prom”, Mr. Wednesday whispered with that hint of sarcasm.

“As tempting as trying to recycle me as the god of pottery”, Prometheus replied harshly. “After all, this comes from my work with clay”, he said watching the other men in the pub. “So, are you here with a better deal, Woden?”

“Perhaps I have a better offer for you, actually. I need one thing done, titan. And as reward, I will leave you out of this story”.

Prometheus face showed a glimpse of curiosity at those words. Wednesday was not a god to be trusted. By his experience, no god was really to be trusted, he thought while scratching the scar on the side above his stomach. But being left out of the incoming storm ... that aroused his curiosity.

“And what thing you may need from me that you cannot do yourself?”, he asked trying to sound suspicious.

And the deal was proposed.

--- . ---

Outside in the car, Shadow was getting irritated. The businesses of Mr. Wednesday were unpredictable, and hardly went smooth and fast. He was wondering if he would’ve frozen and bored to death, or if suddenly he was going to get sucked into some tech device or if the radio was going to start making him strange proposals. All sort of weird and nightmarish things were happening since he accepted the deal with the old man.

While deep thinking at what unfortunate event was going to hit him next, he heard a sound coming out of a garbage can near the wall. The sound was getting more insistent and resembled now like someone ... punching the can from inside, trying to yell with the mouth covered.

Took Shadow a bit of time to decide what to do. Then, with a sight, he stepped off the car knowing it was going to be a bad idea. He reached the garbage can and started examining it.

While distracted, he didn’t notice the bearded man walking behind and passing by. He felt... something as that man almost touched him, and he felt lighter somehow, as if he had just lost something or if ... had just been pick pocketed. He realized the noise from the garbage stopped, and started checking his belongings. Keys, wallet, everything was still there, and the old man was disappearing in the distance.

Ah well, Shadow thought, perhaps I’m being too paranoid. In that moment, the door of the pub opened and Mr. Wednesday walked out toward him. He stared a moment in Shadow’s eyes, nodded between himself and said, “If you are over playing with the garbage, I’ll be waiting in the car”.

And the two went on back to their story.

--- . ---

Prometheus was back on his motorbike, heading north. North where, Wednesday assure him as part of the deal, he wasn’t going to be bothered by the incoming events, especially if he was going to bring along a sort of ... insurance. He had already performed his part, and was just going to pick up this last passenger. And here he was, hitchhiking in the cold, dressed with a tunic as usual and with that shining light all around the head.

Prometheus stopped the bike and pointed the back seat to the hitchhiker.

“Make yourself comfortable”, he said. “We have quite some road to do”. The hitchhiker stared at him for a moment, as if he was looking inside deeper than eyes can see.

“Thank you, my friend”, he said to Prometheus. “But if you allow me .. qui tollis peccata mundi ... have you being trying to take over my job?”.

“No, J. I’d never do that. I’ve just stolen the sins of one of them. I’m gladly leaving the whole world’s to you”.

And as they moved north on with their story, Prometheus was wondering why Wednesday wanted him to do that to Shadow. “After all”, he said, “you were the first thief. You were able to steal the fire from the gods, stealing a few sins from a mortal’s hearth must be cakewalk for you. Just be careful, leave enough to weight exactly as a feather, no more, no less”. And so he did.

IGN, Dheth

Edited by Dheth
Gramma police

Ingame name aboyoumna

Firstly sorry for lengthen but Hercules the most powerfull hero I love

The Life and Times of Hercules
Stories about the gods, called myths, were made up thousands of years ago. Was there a real Hercules, a man behind the stories? We will never know. Yet, his story is of a man who was so strong and courageous, whose deeds were so mighty, and who so endured all the hardships that were given to him, that when he died, Hercules was brought up to Mount Olympus to live with the gods.
Hercules was both the most famous hero of ancient times and the most beloved. More stories were told about him than any other hero. Hercules was worshipped in many temples all over Greece and Rome
There are as many different versions of Hercules' life story as there are storytellers. Differences between the Disney movie version and other versions include the explanation of who Hercules' parents were, and why he had to perform the 12 Labors. Zeus, Hercules' father, was the most powerful of the gods. That meant Zeus could do anything he pleased, but it also meant that sometimes Zeus was not a very good husband to his wife, Hera, the queen of the gods.
Zeus fell in love with a beautiful Greek woman named Alcmene [Alk-ME-ne]. When Alcmene's husband, Amphitryon, was away, Zeus made her pregnant. This made Hera so angry that she tried to prevent the baby from being born. When Alcmene gave birth to the baby anyway, she named him Herakles. (The Romans pronounced the name "Hercules," and so do we today.) The name Herakles means "glorious gift of Hera" in Greek, and that got Hera angrier still. Then she tried to kill the baby by sending snakes into his crib. But little Hercules was one strong baby, and he strangled the snakes, one in each hand, before they could bite him.
Hera remained angry. How could she get even? Hera knew that she would lose in a fight, and that she wasn't powerful enough to prevent Zeus from having his way. Hera decided to pay Zeus back for his infidelity by making the rest of Hercules' life as miserable as she could.
When Hercules grew up and had become a great warrior, he married Megara. They had two children. Hercules and Megara were very happy, but life didn't turn out for them the way it does in the movie. Hera sent a fit of madness to Hercules that put him into so great a rage, he murdered Megara and the children.
When Hercules regained his senses and saw the horrible thing that he had done, he asked the god Apollo to rid him of this pollution. Apollo commanded the hero to do certain tasks as a punishment for his wrongs, so that the evil might be cleansed from his spirit.
Apollo had many divine responsibilities. As Phoebus, he was the sun god, and every day he drove the chariot of the sun across the sky. He was the god of healing and music. Finally, Apollo was a god of prophecy: the Greeks believed that Apollo knew what would happen in the future, and that he could advise people how to act.
Hercules hurried to the temple where Apollo gave such advice. It was in the town of Delphi and was called the Delphic oracle. Apollo said that in order to purify himself for the spilling of his family's blood, he had to perform 10 heroic labors (this number would soon be increased to 12)
Hercules got even more bad news. Apollo declared that he had to go to the city of Tiryns. The king of Tiryns was Eurystheus [You-RISS-theus]. Eurystheus had a reputation for being mean, and Hercules knew that the king would give him a tough time. The hero had to serve Eurystheus for twelve years while he performed the Labors. There was some good news, though. When the tasks were completed, Apollo said, Hercules would become immortal. Unlike other men, instead of dying and going to the Underworld of Hades, he would become a god.
Hercules got married a second time, to the beautiful Deianira [Day-an-EE-ra]. When Hercules was returning from his last adventure, Deianira gave him a welcome-home present. This was a cloak which she had woven herself. Deianira had a magic balm which a centaur had given to her. The centaur told Deianira that anyone who put on the balm would love her forever. But actually the balm contained a caustic poison. This balm she now smeared into the cloak.
When Hercules received the cloak and tried it on, his body immediately began to burn with excruciating pain. He tried to pull the cloak off, but the pain burned even harder and deeper. Death, thought Hercules, would be better than unendurable pain. Bellowing in agony, he asked his friends to build a huge pile of wood on the top of Mount Oeta. This would be Hercules' funeral pyre. He laid himself upon the pyre, and told his friends to light it. As the fire began to burn Hercules alive, the great gods looked down from Olympus. Zeus said to Hera that Hercules had suffered enough. Hera agreed and ended her anger. Zeus sent Athena to take Hercules from the pyre, and she brought Hercules to Olympus on her chariot.

Edited by Aboyoumna

Of what shall it be told? This midday dream, That glides to place on hold; And bodies forth its form like a stream And yet in this film, the twelve obstacles Could not hold When in strength Hercules triumph But not on a platter of gold I see, and though through a glass Thrilling scenes That then make crass Like two days between twins Every hour encapsulates terror But against all odds awoke I Running to behold me in a mirror Whether or not I did cry

In game name hosam.kfs

My lovely hero is Ariadne 

The story is Ariadne (/ˌæriˈædni/; Greek: Ἀριάδνη; Latin:Ariadne), in Greek mythology, was the daughter of Minos, King of Crete [1] and a son of Zeus, and Minos' queen Pasiphaë, a daughter of Helios.[2] She is mostly associated with mazes and labyrinths because of her involvement in the myths of the Minotaur and Theseus. Her father put her in charge of the labyrinth where sacrifices were made as part of reparations (either to Poseidon or to Athena, depending on the version of the myth); later, she helped Theseus overcome the Minotaur and save the potential sacrificial victims. In other stories, she became the bride of the god Dionysus, with the question of her being mortal or a goddess varying in those accounts.....

Since ancient Greek myths are passed down through oral tradition, many variations of this and other myths exist.[5] According to an Athenian version of the legend, Minos attacked Athens after his son was killed there. The Athenians asked for terms, and were required to sacrifice seven young men and seven maidens to the Minotaur every seven or nine years. One year, the sacrificial party included Theseus, the son of King Aegeus, who volunteered to come and kill the Minotaur. Ariadne fell in love at first sight, and helped him by giving him a sword and a ball of thread (μίτο της Αριάδνης 'Ariadne's thread'), so that he could find his way out of the Minotaur's labyrinth.

She eloped with Theseus after he achieved his goal, but according to Homer "he had no joy of her, for ere that, Artemis slew her in seagirt Dia because of the witness ofDionysus" (Odyssey XI, 321-5). Homer does not expand on the nature of Dionysus's accusation, but the Oxford Classical Dictionaryspeculates that she was already married to Dionysus when she ran away with Theseus.

IGN: M Duchamp

Perseus, the insubordinaste one

Perseus was sitting at the temple window. His feet hurt. The bastard of his god-player, made him run fast foward constantly and forced him to make all the decisions in battle. He was tired. Sometimes he thought that had been unlucky, that the idiot of his god-player must be really dumb to leave the fate of Mount Olympus to automatic. What would he do while Perseus defeated the enemy monsters? Was he stunned and just looking? Would he be in toilet? with girlfriend or boyfriend or both? He had accumulated so much fatigue and so much anger at his god-player that these thoughts were taking over his mind, battle after battle, and the urgency of escape was eminent.

The plan was outlined, when he reached the end of the bridge, he would jump to the cliffs, descend to Ithaca Port and escape by boat. Nobody would miss the boat until Monday. And he would finally be free!

On that day, when he heard the call to battle, Perseus was ready! He fought like never before and ran like there was no tomorrow. When it reached the beginning of the bridge, his legs weakened a bit, but it was only for a moment. He took a deep breath and continued, tapped the guard hero and jumped over the bridge.

He was in decline. He could feel the wind coming through her skirts and prepared himself for impact on cliffs.
Waited for that… waited… but nothing happens. He was falling into the void! He opened his eyes and saw nothing, was surrounded by black, wind and anguish.

WTF? Closed his eyes again, not believing what was happening, and when opened them again: a new world was ahead of him.

He didn't recognize anything around, only realized that everything was gigantic. He ran and hid behind what looked like a glass capable of harboring the sea of war, and peeked. A huge blond-haired human being shimmered and shouted in a strange language for a black rectangular object, at first glance, he couldn’t tell if he was a man or a woman, or both, maybe just a strange woman. She seemed out of control, at one point threw that object close to Perseus's hiding place and continued hysterically throwing other objects at the floor, until finally she calmed down, exhausted and red from so much screaming. She lay leaning against a chair, still tossing an incomprehensible tantra. Perseus silently approached the black object and all the confusion he felt were dissipated. He had finally realized what had happened. As he jumped the bridge, he jumped out of the game. The black object was the phone where the battles were taking place, and that blond human was his god-player. What a disillusionment ... never put much hope in him, but he wasn’t expecting so much hysteria ... What a A-hole!

The pain he still felt in his feet made him act again.
Unsuspectingly, he circled the woman and climbed to the top of the chair. He clutched some strands of that discolored dry hair and carefully tied them to the chair. He jumped up, walked over to his feet, and tied the laces of his sneakers together. So far, he hasn’t being noticed. All he had to do was hold his arms, that was the hard part… He climbed into a cupboard behind them and with effort, tossed a huge jar, with something red inside, down. It turned out well: it fell on her head and she was inanimate. Perseus came down, smelled the gelatinous liquid, it was a strawberry jelly. He sat down a bit, laughed a lot at this god-player sad figure and tied his hands with some cloths that were there.

Now it would be his revenge: he went straight to the phone, opened the game and played: for real!

From that moment on, he would be the master of Olympus Island. 
For a moment he thought he would miss his beloved Artemis and his brother Odysseus, but all this was doing it for them, for their honor!

And so it was, towards an honorable victory!

(of what later happened with the blond woman with strawberry jelly, this story doesn’t care)

p.s.: i hope you understand that english is not my language, so... it's the best i can do.

Hello Olympians,

Thank you for all your stories and poems!

We need some time to choose the winners that is why we will announce the results next week.

Thanks!

Your Olympus Rising Team

Hello Olympians,

we are happy to announce the winners already this week! 

Your stories and poems were so amazing that we had a hard time picking the winners!

We enjoyed the reading a lot  and decided to reward more participants in some categories , increase the prizes and add additional category

Also all participants who created a poem or a story will receive 200 Gems instead of 100 that were announced at the beginning.

Note: All Gems will be transferred to your account at the beginning of next week latest.

Here is the list of the Winners:

Most Realistic Poem (1000 Gems) @KKStar and @manly80x

Funniest Poem (1000 Gems) @NAPC and @Severine

Most Realistic Story (1000 Gems) @Dheth

Funniest Story (1000 Gems) @MDuchamp

Most Original Story (500 Gems) @Stucchino

And the most awaited Captain Morgan’s Prizes:

Captain Morgan's Story Prize (1000 Gems): @Infamous - The articulate descriptive approach apparent in this dark story belies a subtle blend of myth and reality. I found myself almost believing that, after his trials of myth and legend, Hercules found himself an unthinking tool of the great Infamous overlord, with the supporting text recently discovered by an archaeological team and posted up for this challenge. A very convincing and visceral imagining of Olympus Rising.

Captain Morgan's Poem Prize (1000 Gems): @Iyadhh - A slow starter, I felt this poem took me on a winding journey with a subtle, yet impactful conclusion. Beginning with an introduction to the character of Hercules, we hear of his power and strength, then, in the final two stanzas, the poem is no longer an introduction to Hercules, but to Olympus Rising itself, with Hercules bearing the Nemean Lion's Claws into battle as a Unique Item. A clever twist hidden in a winding preface to Olympus Rising.

Captain Morgan's Honorable Mention (500 Gems): @Artemus- A poem as fast and precise as its namesakes, the clever use of archaic language in the first stanza allows this eloquent musing to pack as much descriptive power as possible into 6 simple lines. A very effective and clever homage to Olympus Rising's newest heroine.

Players who didn’t write their in-game names please post them below in this thread

@HOLYDIVINE, @Fraute, @Seelview, @Kayoda, @Iry82

Thank you for participations and congratulations!

Your Olympus Rising Team