FlareGames
SmokeAlot

Trophies frustration

16 minutes ago, vasudeva1 said:

hello Hellslord, I guess your son told you "Dad you always told me to commit myself in life to be rewarded, but here is rewarded those who commit a little"

He decided to quit (mostly breaking point for players is at lvl 70s, i know it because of my previous linked account friends, at that lvl players getting many attacks, heroes mostly return base, ambrossia gain is limited and need huge ambrossia to put heroes at resorces islands. ..)  and make a career at Uncharted 4 (ps4 game) 😃

9 hours ago, dumpster said:
21 minutes ago, vasudeva1 said:

I would say that it is better if we write in English to give everyone the opportunity to read.
An upper lvl gives better items and allows you to have stronger heroes and not consider this and therefore the lvl when you take into account the strength of a player is not a fair thing

the middle way is already there, there are attacks by 4, 7, 8, 14, 17 trophies, even if I for over a month I find only opponents of 3 trophies while I am massacred by players of lvl higher than mine regularly remove 25 trophies and I am not the only one in this position

in inglese è già abbastanza chiaro ti faccio un esempio che  ti riguarda : 

Vasudeva :11.159 

Cigos : 6.870 

formula base : 11.159-6870= 4289 (differenza trofei) 

ipotiziamo ( + 1 punto ogni 500 punti di differenza ) avremmo 

3 punti base + 8 (differenza trofei) = 11 punti Che Cigos avrebbe guadagnato da te .... e non 25 punti ... 

9 minutes ago, Artemus said:

in inglese è già abbastanza chiaro ti faccio un esempio che  ti riguarda : 

Vasudeva :11.159 

Cigos : 6.870 

formula base : 11.159-6870= 4289 (differenza trofei) 

ipotiziamo ( + 1 punto ogni 500 punti di differenza ) avremmo 

3 punti base + 8 (differenza trofei) = 11 punti Che Cigos avrebbe guadagnato da te .... e non 25 punti ... 

facciamolo ancora più semplice

Cigos lvl 126 ha eroi forti ber battere un lvl 119 quindi Cigos quando attacca un lvl inferiore al suo prende solo 3 trofei, se vuole 11 trofei fa 4 attacchi come faccio io e le altre persone che si impegnano

P.S. quello che dici non è sbagliato, ma bisogna considerare ANCHE il lvl del giocatore

Edited by vasudeva1

1 hour ago, vasudeva1 said:

I would say that it is better if we write in English to give everyone the opportunity to read.
An upper lvl gives better items and allows you to have stronger heroes and not consider this and therefore the lvl when you take into account the strength of a player is not a fair thing

the middle way is already there, there are attacks by 4, 7, 8, 14, 17 trophies, even if I for over a month I find only opponents of 3 trophies while I am massacred by players of lvl higher than mine regularly remove 25 trophies and I am not the only one in this position

You’re talking like you’re still low level. You’re not. You’re a high level player. This is what the game is like at high levels. There are very few active players compared to low and mid levels, most of the players who are active are really good because they’ve been playing for over a year, and most of them beat your defense. 

You just want flare to give you free trophies? I think that’s what it boils down to.  It’s always been the same thing with you. 

Just now, dumpster said:

You’re talking like you’re still low level. You’re not. You’re a high level player. This is what the game is like at high levels. There are very few active players compared to low and mid levels, most of the players who are active are really good because they’ve been playing for over a year, and most of them beat your defense. 

You just want flare to give you free trophies? I think that’s what it boils down to.  It’s always been the same thing with you. 

Just for the sake of fairness, the picture at lower levels look precisely the same. Still we have higher levels taking 25 trophies out. The only way to get out of this cycle is to be 130 yourself, then other players taking 25 from you are lower or equal by definition. Or yeah, log once a day, spend ambrosia to readjust your heroes and log off. At lower levels you just get a bunch of crap bases around you, so the goal becomes to combat people ASAP to make up the losses. Thats about what I do now too, except most of the people are actually strong.

8 minutes ago, dumpster said:

no, I do not want free trophies, I'm saying the opposite, I do not want free trophies to be given to players who wake up once a week and make 25-trophy attacks against people who always engage but who according to the system has reached the maximum for your own lvl and must be stopped. He also understood a child of 8 years with all to his sincerity that this system is unfair and if they do not understand adults I can not help it

4 minutes ago, vasudeva1 said:

no, I do not want free trophies, I'm saying the opposite, I do not want free trophies to be given to players who wake up once a week and make 25-trophy attacks against people who always engage but who according to the system has reached the maximum for your own lvl and must be stopped. He also understood a child of 8 years with all to his sincerity that this system is unfair and if they do not understand adults I can not help it

I’m glad we let children design products now. 

My 6 year old thinks it’s unfair when I tell her to eat vegetables. 

Edited by dumpster

@vasudeva1 @dumpster Not like I am the best mediator ever, but as a side observer, I can kinda see there is no way you guys would ever come to agree on this... So is it worth your... nerves? Vas, thought you tried to quit... Once? Twice? Like I said above, no use in arguing if there is no common ground, this is pretty much a cycle repeating itself twice at this point.

Feel free to ignore this, but it may be the best option to just settle for now, both of your points are well articulated to whoever views this topic.

7 minutes ago, dumpster said:

I’m glad we let children design products now. 

sarcasm of those who have no arguments, I understand that it is difficult to realize that even a child sees what an adult does not want to see but ..... est la vie

1 minute ago, Infamous said:

@vasudeva1 @dumpster Not like I am the best mediator ever, but as a side observer, I can kinda see there is no way you guys would ever come to agree on this... So is it worth your... nerves? Vas, thought you tried to quit... Once? Twice? Like I said above, no use in arguing if there is no common ground, this is pretty much a cycle repeating itself twice at this point.

Feel free to ignore this, but it may be the best option to just settle for now, both of your points are well articulated to whoever views this topic.

ok, better to stop, in fact, continue to talk does not lead to anything constructive, everyone stays on his positions

6 minutes ago, Hellslord said:

We are a group of people sharing the same pleasure. So you all look eachother, you all good people😇😇😇. But i am Hellslord 😈 i am the servant of devil that means i am bad lol. 

Heh, I am Infamous, cant be good by definition too ;)

13 minutes ago, Hellslord said:

Yes Infamous right, lets end this with a tie. And lets start an another topic 😂

Sure! We can as well rant about... global chat/communication/alliance system overall? Or how about cursed item glitch remnants that makes stuff extra complicated for newcomers? We can actually pull a page or five on each with relative ease imo.e

Edited by Infamous

Everyone just needs to realize that the trophy system is not just a measure of how strong you are or how much you play, it's also a measure of what ascension level you are. It purposefully keeps players within a range of trophies based on their level, and it does this in two ways: 1) by making you worth more than 3 points to a wider range of players as you start to gain high trophies and 2) matching you to more players based on how often you fight. So if you grind trophies constantly and have very high trophies for your level, you'll end up hitting the "trophy cap". Most players don't see this, you have to be very active and have a very good defense. The game is telling you to stop playing and go outside, enjoy the nice weather*, call your mother, knit a sweater -- do anything except continue to grind for trophies. It's very kind and considerate, don't you think? It also helps to consistently give players enemies on their map who are challenging but not overwhelmingly difficult. Yes, you will always have some islands that are more or less difficult than others. No, that's not a problem. It's ok if you can't beat everyone on your map, but the system helps to make it so you can beat most islands on your map, and it even gives you some easy islands to help level heroes like artemis.

Until/unless there is a major overhaul of the trophy system, here are some tips for players who are frustrated:

1) Don't grind so much. The less you play, the less you will be matched on other maps. You won't gain as many trophies on offense, but you won't lose them as often on defense.
2) Level up. Yes, it's possible to level up quickly if you want to. The Guardhouse, Temple, Gate and resource buildings all give you a lot of XP. 1 or 2 levels makes a difference and will raise your "trophy cap".
3) Drop some trophies on purpose. You will be worth less to your enemies and you will see more players on your map worth more than 3.

And please, limit the amount of screentime that your children get! It's not healthy for developing minds.

* Varies by region.

Hi guys,

Again, another awesome thread which as far as you guys can see has gone unread and unnoticed by us. Just posting here - this is not lost, and I have read every post and taken the thoughts and suggestions seriously. However, as Dumpster and others have mentioned, this is a long-lasting, ongoing topic.

Just to be clear - we are very aware of the failings of the current Trophy system, obviously we don't want frustrated players, or people quitting out because they feel like their time is wasted.

4.0 will not be the final version of Olympus Rising, and as such, a glimmer of hope for the future is that we are actively considering changes to the Trophy system.

However, this is a very delicate balancing act which is prone to acting in the most unexpected ways. As such, the current train of thought is to shift the focus away from Trophies, but to use Trophies as an access point to another, cooler feature, which rewards active play, without being mandatory and will be season-based. We do not want to throw away the work you guys have done to reach where you are, but we also want to make the sting of Trophy loss a less painful experience. Once the mountain that is 4.0 has been climbed, you can rest assured that we will bring you more into the discussion here, and give you some insight into what is planned. For now this is quite a long way off, but it is the current plan that this area is addressed as the next highest priority after the Alliance Wars.

Keep up the discussion, keep it civil, and thanks for bearing with the frustration this far. You're a great community, with an atmosphere that is hard to find in other games.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:44 PM, vasudeva1 said:

8 idtos phoenix dead in front of gate of caos and 11 trophies lost whit the gatekeeper dead 

the players who attack me with 6 lvl above me make 66% and take 10 trophies away from me. This trophy system is worthy of a Miki Mouse

I found you on my map today, and I really think you should change your waves.  Soooooooo many minotaurs. And Un-blessed medusas. Nether of those units belong on defense unless they’re used extremely well, and that’s very difficult to do. Why aren’t you using phoenixes? 

the defense in general isn’t amazing, but it’s not bad really. Your waves are terrible, though. You’d lose half as many trophies if you fixed them. 

Edited by dumpster

8 minutes ago, dumpster said:

I found you on my map today, and I really think you should change your waves.  Soooooooo many minotaurs. And Un-blessed medusas. Nether of those units belong on defense unless they’re used extremely well, and that’s very difficult to do. Why aren’t you using phoenixes? 

the defense in general isn’t amazing, but it’s not bad really. Your waves are terrible, though. You’d lose half as many trophies if you fixed them. 

thanks @dumpster, in fact the waves are old and must be improved

@CaptainMorgan, 3 heavy attacks and 70 trophies lost in less than 45 minutes, every day all day he checks my statistics.
I hope this time you will give me a serious explanation instead of saying as usual that I have reached the maximum number of trophies for my lvl, because since I went up lvl the heavy attacks multiplied

sistema schifoso7.PNG