FlareGames
Fourofjacks

Gala please provide more dev feedback

Suggestion for @GalaMorgane to provide feedback on suggestions and bugs you bring up with the devs.
I know you say you / devs read everything, but please consider from our view.

If you don't provide feedback when you discuss things with devs, we can only assume it was not brought up. We don't expect everything to be brought up with devs, many of the suggestions / issues / bugs posted on forum are rubbish and I certainly would not wish the devs time wasted with them. I guess this is also where more experience with the game will allow you to know which questions can be handled by the community / do not need to waste devs time with.

It is frustrating when you have provided feedback / follow up so far on some trivial non issues / bugs, but silent on issues that are more important to the community. This is not entirely new as that is what we have put up with in the past, but I think for many with you coming aboard as the new CM we hoped this would change and more feedback provided.

Even if the answer is not what the OP wants to hear, it is still important we get that feedback. "This is good idea, but we don't have time to implement." "We think this idea is bad because so and so." or even just "We have considered this, but it will never be implemented" with no reasoning is better than silence. At least then we know what you have considered, and if it is suggested again by others in future we can refer to this decision.

I already ask her in another topic and she answered that she know her job. My reply to her after that got deleted twice and I noticed Dena4 reply got deleted too, so be careful when criticizing her 😅.

However, perhaps my explanation was not good enough (because of my lack English), so I hope she understand what we really need here by reading your topic and take an action after that. 😊

Edited by RoyaleDing2

I will check if my response got deleted. and what do you know, it is, so I will demand explanation. A community manager should accept positive criticism, not just remove responses from forum members. This is just not done, also a community manager should follow the rules.

I just send a message to Galamorgane, Flothaboss and flaretara asking for explanation for those deletes without a valid reason. When answers are ontopic and not violating any rules (Critics I don't see as an attack), they should not be deleted. 

If she keeps removing answers, I will think twice before even responding, why would I have intentions to help, when my answers are deleted?

Edited by Dena4

I partly created this topic as the other posts were / could be considered off topic in the other threads.

If this gets deleted / removed as well, fine - it is better than silence or no response.
At least then we are clearer where we stand and what we should expect.

Looks like the honeymoon period ended pretty quickly, so far I'm not even sure if she has made community relationship better or worse.
But as she says she knows how to do her job, so lets hope it gets better as she gets to know the game and community more.

As with all good community managers, they need to build positive relationships and trust with veteran / knowledgeable players who can help provide advice and guidance, there's no way for them to understand all issues. And building relationship will take time.

Edited by Fourofjacks

I am willing to give @GalaMorgane time. Also to get her to know the game better. We can not expect an experienced RR2 player to do the CM job.
But we can expect to see some respect towards long time forum members which have helped the Community (and Flare) a lot over the years, like @Dena4

As I said in my welcome posting, it is important to understand all levels of the game. Gameplay and some game-related things are very different for low, middle or top-players. This takes time.
RR2 is special, it is not just another "build your town" game. Most long-time players do play (and spend money) on RR2 because it is a strategic game, among other things. This is where support from FG has been poor for a long time. Some adjustments have been pretty unexpected, random and changes have been communicated poorly or not at all. I admire @FTBs latest efforts in this area, by the way. Bugfixing is very poor and not very transparent to players. Frustration has been building build up over a long time. It is unfair to blame somebody who just joined the team. But, as mentioned in this thread, criticism should be taken positively. And locking threads or deleting posts (aka censorship) for that reason is out of the question. Flare already had some "unaesthetic" history of censoring things they did not like to see here. Many players were upset due to that. If this is something that continues to be done, I guess players just do not show up any more or choose other ways of communicating to each other, without interference. Which is bad, as FG seems to rely so much on us, e.g. for giving feedback on bugs they do not seem to have the ressources for to find by themselves. Right now, people just laugh when they hear Flare won a title as "Best Publisher". But these are just a few of the problems evident to many people.

So, to improve things, we prefer real answers, even if it means saying "we can not do it" or "we don't know". @GalaMorgane, tell us the truth, respect community and they will accept you as a good community manager. We will not do this for telling us you know your job. The "easier" questions have been answered by community for a long time as nobody from Flare did care to do it. We can continue to help here, but we need a really good Community Manager to fix this situation and answer the urgent issues to your best knowledge and accept help if you have difficulties in understanding the background story. Meaning talking a lot to Keen Flare Devs,  Flaregames and of course the players. In the end you are important in finding clever solutions to make the game better and include community to turn it into a happy one again.

There are many issues that have been discussed before and need to be discussed again and dealt with if we want this game to stay alive. Many good proposals for improvement have not been answered or ignored in the past. I will bring some of them up again when I feel the circumstances for that are good enough. And I hope others will do so too. Otherwise it would be a waste of time to continue to use this forum.

Edited by MagischerKoenig

On 15.2.2018 at 10:15 AM, MagischerKoenig said:

I am willing to give @GalaMorgane time. Also to get her to know the game better. We can not expect an experienced RR2 player to do the CM job.
But we can expect to see some respect towards long time forum members which have helped the Community (and Flare) a lot over the years, like @Dena4

As I said in my welcome posting, it is important to understand all levels of the game. Gameplay and some game-related things are very different for low, middle or top-players. This takes time.
RR2 is special, it is not just another "build your town" game. Most long-time players do play (and spend money) on RR2 because it is a strategic game, among other things. This is where support from FG has been poor for a long time. Some adjustments have been pretty unexpected, random and changes have been communicated poorly or not at all. I admire @FTBs latest efforts in this area, by the way. Bugfixing is very poor and not very transparent to players. Frustration has been building build up over a long time. It is unfair to blame somebody who just joined the team. But, as mentioned in this thread, criticism should be taken positively. And locking threads or deleting posts (aka censorship) for that reason is out of the question. Flare already had some "unaesthetic" history of censoring things they did not like to see here. Many players were upset due to that. If this is something that continues to be done, I guess players just do not show up any more or choose other ways of communicating to each other, without interference. Which is bad, as FG seems to rely so much on us, e.g. for giving feedback on bugs they do not seem to have the ressources for to find by themselves. Right now, people just laugh when they hear Flare won a title as "Best Publisher". But these are just a few of the problems evident to many people.

So, to improve things, we prefer real answers, even if it means saying "we can not do it" or "we don't know". @GalaMorgane, tell us the truth, respect community and they will accept you as a good community manager. We will not do this for telling us you know your job. The "easier" questions have been answered by community for a long time as nobody from Flare did care to do it. We can continue to help here, but we need a really good Community Manager to fix this situation and answer the urgent issues to your best knowledge and accept help if you have difficulties in understanding the background story. Meaning talking a lot to Keen Flare Devs,  Flaregames and of course the players. In the end you are important in finding clever solutions to make the game better and include community to turn it into a happy one again.

There are many issues that have been discussed before and need to be discussed again and dealt with if we want this game to stay alive. Many good proposals for improvement have not been answered or ignored in the past. I will bring some of them up again when I feel the circumstances for that are good enough. And I hope others will do so too. Otherwise it would be a waste of time to continue to use this forum.

bump

This is from thursday morning, and I somehow expect an answer @GalaMorgane if you intend to work with community and not against it.

If the past posters are accurate, he/she doesn't seem to care much for doing the  stuff their job entails...

Like a janitor getting told "hey, you should clean stuff", him replying "I know my job", then proceeding to not clean things. 

But I'll give it more time before saying that that is definitely the case

We need proof you're actually seeing things. It was almost better before. We would at least get responses on suggestions from FTB, but now we don't because there's the thought that there is no need. But we need these things more than ever