FlareGames
Nicomagne

Again, sadly, bullying in the game :(

3 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

@PicklePete I am truely, absolutely, completely and unequivocally sorry about my wrong statement towards you.

Would you now please grant us the kindness of stopping to muddy the waters, this topic is far to important for this.

Stop calling me out with the @ symbol and maybe I'll stop responding.  I only come here to look at your comments because it keeps popping up in my notifications.

13 minutes ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

Tamper your expectations, this isn't going to be a turning point in anything and certainly doesn't compare to the MeToo movement. This is a tiny ripple in a large lake. Honestly, I don't expect flare to do anything about this case. They're a business, they only care when it hurts their profits. So the best way to change anything would be to get many (as in hundreds to thousands of) players to flood flares inboxes and this thread asking for change. One or two or even 10 players don't matter, but a few thousand that potentially won't spend unless this is changed, will get their attention.

Every revolution seems impossible at the beginning, and after it happens, it was inevitable.
 - Bill Ayers

By keeping focus on the issues we can change things. That is the only hope any of us has. We don't make the rules, but we can force the hand of those who do. That is what I have learned the hard way.

41 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

I have it on good authority that the leader is now trying to deal with this, so I will remove the reference to him from the topic.

@MagischerKoenig Thank you for helping the current situation.

Hmmm.

I have just spent two hours trying to sesolve an attacking conflict between one or two of the members of your alliance and one of my newer members.
Not my whole alliance I have to emphasize.

@Nicomagne I have been called by four of your people (!) to resolve this and I tried my best. But at he same time I learn you are launching a massive attack from more than one alliance back on this player of mine.
How should this be resolved if this is going on? I asked both sides, my player and your Alliance (or Alliances) to stop attacks. From my point of view this not worthy of mentioning publicly in the forum as none of you behaved very mature in this matter.

Everybody just stop your excessive attacks, I talked to my member and everything will be fine if you will stop too.

This is an attacking game. Some people are more aggressive than they should be. But if you take it too personal, better go play Tetris.

Edited by MagischerKoenig

7 minutes ago, MagischerKoenig said:

@Nicomagne I have been called by four of your people (!) to resolve this and I tried my best. But at he same time I learn you are launching a massive attack back on this player of mine.

This is not my doing, and I did not participate in it. That is precisely why I started this topic.

However the original victim appealed to her former team mates for help. She was desparate and they wanted to help. Everyone has been asked to stop.

Point is, how can we go on from here? What else can be done to help a victim. The bully can just move on to yet another alliance and start again.

Edited by Nicomagne

2 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

This is not my doing, and I did not participate in it. That is precisely why I started this topic.

However the original victim appealed to her former team mates for help. She was desparate and they wanted to help. Everyone has been asked to stop.

Point is, how can we go on from here? What else can be done to help a victim. The bully can just move on to yet another alliance and start again.

That "bully" will stay in my alliance as even though I do not know any details I am very sure noone in this conflict is without guilt.

And next time you ask a leader for help you do not start a full scale vendetta at the same time.

12 minutes ago, MagischerKoenig said:

But if you take it too personal, better go play Tetris.

I would like to take you up on this point. Many players have invested a lot in their king/queen and in their base. They take pride in their achievements. You should not just dismiss that attachment. That would be like telling a young football player to go play baseball or something because there is a bully in their team.

There is more at stake that 'just a game'. Take time to talk to players. They all have a story and not all of them are happy ones. 

This game should be 'safe', as well as fun.

4 minutes ago, MagischerKoenig said:

And next time you ask a leader for help you do not start a full scale vendetta at the same time.

I did not start any vendetta, I only became aware of it over the chat. And I did not approve. 

1 minute ago, MagischerKoenig said:

no comment

You do not agree that there should be limits to such behavior? Then why did you intervene at all?

Look, I'm trying to find a way of preventing these situations without altering the basic rules of the game and keeping it fun for everyone.

I've been playing the game to 3 years now and I have been on the receiving end of this in the past and it is not fun, but I can deal with it. There are others that cannot, some have told their story on this forum in the past, others just stopped. Surely there must be a way of dealing with this issue that is acceptable and so no-one has to leave the game?

As former leader for a long time I have been in same position as Magischer is in now. As leader it costs sometimes a lot of time solving problems, this is not fun for a leader, in fact I got sleepless nights plus headaches from it solving all those conflicts. And I faced plenty of them, much worse than most here can imagine.

Now tell me, is it that bad to see that a player has been raided multiple times by same player? They are just virtual raids, no more no less. It can be annoying, so far so good. That you want the game to be changed in such a way that a player can raid same person less than 3 times per hour also fine.  

So I imagine it's not a great period either for Margischer to solve this, he loses valuable time, time he gladly spends to help his team.

Especially a public topic like this is not ideal, before you know it things run out of control and start their own life. Forum members do their best to help, but we don't have a glass sphere and are not great in fortune telling the future, if we could we would have won the lottery several times already.

So these kind of things should not be discussed inside a topic.

If you have problems, you can also write a mail to the person in question if he has an account here on forum.  

1 minute ago, Nicomagne said:

You do not agree that there should be limits to such behavior? Then why did you intervene at all?

Look, I'm trying to find a way of preventing these situations without altering the basic rules of the game and keeping it fun for everyone.

I've been playing the game to 3 years now and I have been on the receiving end of this in the past and it is not fun, but I can deal with it. There are others that cannot, some have told their story on this forum in the past, others just stopped. Surely there must be a way of dealing with this issue that is acceptable and so no-one has to leave the game?

Now why are you keep going on. Don't turn it in some yes/no discussion, it won't help the situation. When Magischer said he put 2 hours of his time into it, you can trust him, he is a man of his word. Now give it some time.  

@Dena4 I'm sure that both of you do (or did in your case) a wonderfull job for your alliances. I do not want to attack anyone in person, however the issue of bullying has been ignored and dismissed for far too long where I am concerned. Especially as there could be an easy fix if everyone would just take it seriously.

Raising this topic is the only way for Flare Games to take any notice at all.

The only thing that flare can do to make this reasonable, imho, is to do what @QuantumApocalypse said. Lower the attacks per day to 10 or so (I think 6 would be more reasonable), but when the player gets higher and it gets harder to attack, the attack count can up with him.

2 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

@Dena4 I'm sure that both of you do (or did in your case) a wonderfull job for your alliances. I do not want to attack anyone in person, however the issue of bullying has been ignored and dismissed for far too long where I am concerned. Especially as there could be an easy fix if everyone would just take it seriously.

Raising this topic is the only way for Flare Games to take any notice at all.

So open a topic ad give good arguments to flare that 3 raids per hour still gives a bully enough raids to make players quit the game. Ask them to remove favorites and limit raids per day to three max. With some valid argumentation you might achieve it.

27 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

This game should be 'safe', as well as fun.

Safe? LOL, are you kidding me? You're saying that it's not "safe" because someone is attacking a player a lot? Do you realize how preposterous that sounds :lol: What's not safe is something that happened in the game a while back, when a player was threatening another player through the "friends" chat. Fortunately, @flaretara took care of the problem and that real stalker was removed from the game

1 minute ago, Dena4 said:

Ask them to remove favorites

Lol, if you remove favorites it does nothing. The Favorites list is for lazy people. you can just take a piece of paper and right down the names of the players and then look them up. What next? Remove player search? No, removing favorites will do nothing

In other games you cannot choose your opponent except though the matchmaker and you can flag problem players inside the game. 

I note that more players are playing and enjoying those games than this one, so those rules don't seem that bad to me.

6 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

In other games you cannot choose your opponent except though the matchmaker and you can flag problem players inside the game. 

I note that more players are playing and enjoying those games than this one, so those rules don't seem that bad to me.

Yes, I see. They aren't that bad, CoC has it to where you can search players and friend them (you can't chat with friends though), but you can't look a player up and attack them. So if they made that the way it was it actually wouldn't be that bad

It would be fine if they had some damn parameters for the matchmaker and didn't charge you gold to try another player. Currently, imo, the matchmaker is useless. 

@Nicomagne Dude, here's what I think. You saw this conflict between some player and another and half-heartedly tried to solve it yourself, didn't see immediate results, and came here to the forums. Which would've been okay, but..

Instead of focusing on the real problem, you made this topic about this specific conflict. You should've put the issue (which is players being allowed to attack another too many times per day) first, and then used this conflict as evidence that change is necessary. And of course, you probably should've gotten other cases too to help support your argument.

I doubt any of us here have any desire to get involved in this one conflict. You didn't seem like you tried very hard to solve this between yourselves, so why should we do that for you? It makes you disagreeable, even if we generally support the idea of reducing attacks on a player per day. Make that the conversation.

Remember, flare doesn't give a flying damn about any of us personally (unless we pay them really well). They're not going to take seriously a topic thats about one single conflict that no one wants to get involved in. 

Problem: Players can push players into leaving the game by attacking them too much.

Edit: ... And hurt flares bottom line by doing so.

Solution: limit attacks per day, or provide means of targeting more varied targets.

Can we agree that that solution solves this problem?

Edited by QuantumApocalypse

Quite, we can agree on that at least, but I don't think that would go far enough. There should also be a way to stop attacks by a single player completely if the behavior becomes a problem. Where that point lies is up for discussion.

Before making general statements about me you should look back over my timeline and see that this is not the first time I have raised this issue or commented to support others on it. I just want this to be taken seriously for once.

I have done, as you and Dena suggested, and started a topic with just the recommendations. I got attacked from all sides for my efforts because 'it would ruine the game'. 

If you think the matchmaker is so terrible, why don't you start a topic with suggestions to improve it and I will support it.

Guys it can never be fixed... and you need to deal with this on some level.

Maybe we could have a player block option.

everyone gets one block.... and it runs for 24hrs and then its free to use again.

you can only block a person in your attack list.

it doesn't fix it but a repeat/obsessed offender will eventually move on.

29 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

Before making general statements about me

*Falcepalm*

30 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

you should look back over my timeline and see that this is not the first time I have raised this issue or commented to support others on it. I just want this to be taken seriously for once.

I'm not going to look over your "timeline", why would I?

31 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

I have done, as you and Dena suggested, and started a topic with just the recommendations. I got attacked from all sides for my efforts because 'it would ruine the game'. 

1. Good, why not just revive that topic then? 

2. No one is attacking you, you just want to see it that way for some reason. Self fulfilling prophecy.

3. Okay, you brought up a suggestion and people didn't like it. You're not more important than the rest of us... Either change your suggestion to something people will support, or change minds through effective arguing. 

39 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

If you think the matchmaker is so terrible, why don't you start a topic with suggestions to improve it and I will support it.

I have, and I think people were generally in support of it, but flare didn't take it up so I moved on. It wasn't a hill worth dying on..

28 minutes ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

No one is attacking you, you just want to see it that way for some reason.

... because I have seen it too many times not to care, also in real life! So yes, I care deeply about this topic.

1 hour ago, Nicomagne said:

... because I have seen it too many times not to care, also in real life! So yes, I care deeply about this topic.

Non-sequitur much?

Edit: It doesn't matter. You'll see what you want to see; if that's people unfairly attacking you and your righteousness crusade, thats what you'll see. I've already made my points clear.

Edited by QuantumApocalypse

9 hours ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

Lol, if you remove favorites it does nothing. The Favorites list is for lazy people. you can just take a piece of paper and right down the names of the players and then look them up. What next? Remove player search? No, removing favorites will do nothing

I know that also of course. Topicstarter should try to limit raids per day, but I will give that a very low chance.