FlareGames
Nicomagne

Again, sadly, bullying in the game :(

15 hours ago, Nicomagne said:

I have raised this topic several times before, but unfortunately I again have to report 2 cases of bullying by players in the game.

I hear this all the time and it always annoys me. 

I'm actually friends with one of the guys who routinely raids me. 

And friends with one of the guys I routinely raid. 

We became in game friends after we started raiding each other!

It's literally what the game is about!

So you need to ask why are you the target.  Sometimes people just don't want to put in the effort to find a new target.  It's easy to go to the Favorites List and just raid. 

But I'm going to give it to your straight:

You're a level 110 King.  You're base is not up to level 110 code. 

You're making it worthwhile for people to attack you. 

I just raided you.  And not I'm only a level 115 (less than 5% above than you).  And I was able to beat you with almost a minute left. 

To put it into perspective, my best effort on my current base, only got me 33% of the way through the base and I ran out of time.

You need to pay attention to the War Season boosts.  You currently have a ton of Firebolt Towers, so you are really weak to Pyromancers, and to top that off, my Alliance has Fareflame Mage!  And many high level alliances will currently have Dracomancer!  You're a sitting duck!

This is the game telling you, you need to put some work into your base.

Edited by Maerique

This again is a distraction from the real issue. I don't care if I get attacked. I am sick and tired though of having to help others that plead for persistent attacks to stop. Where the attacker does not see reason and does not want to talk to the target, in some cases ever ignoring their own leaders.

If you have become friends with your attackers and targets, good for you. I applaude that and there clearly is no issue for you.

That does not mean that the wider issue does not exist and does not need to be solved. All I am asking for is that there is some mechanism in the game that stops abuse when it gets out of hand. Yes, it is part of the game, up to the point where it becomes problematic and the target needs to be able to take break from the constant attacks.

11 hours ago, QuantumApocalypse said:

Non-sequitur much?

Edit: It doesn't matter. You'll see what you want to see; if that's people unfairly attacking you and your righteousness crusade, thats what you'll see. I've already made my points clear.

I caught this at the top of the discussion. Little Nicky sees attacks where there are none, and lashes out at the imagined slight. Then when someone responds, Nicky says, "See, I was attacked!"

It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

@PicklePete Go troll somewhere else, Pickle, you have not had one serious thing to say about this issue except acting all "hurt feelings" and then going in for a very low attack yourself. Dignity man, respect yourself and learn to respect other's opinions!

2 minutes ago, Nicomagne said:

@PicklePete Go troll somewhere else, Pickle, you have not had one serious thing to say about this issue except acting all "hurt feelings" and then going in for a very low attack yourself. Dignity man, respect yourself and learn to respect other's opinions!

I did have something serious to say and did respect your opinions at the start with my initial comment that XP was another reason people may constantly raid.

In response to my serious and respectful comment, you attacked me and said I should be ashamed. When I responded rather blandly to that, you attacked me again. 

Here's the funny thing -- I agree with you that constant attacking is out of bounds. Maybe Flare should make a change to limit the number of raids in 24 hours, or allow a 24 hour, 3 day or 7 day shield as for gold. Maybe not.

But your initial attack to my good-faith comment, and your subsequent condescension and name-calling, made me your opponent. 

I suspect the same is true about the people constantly raiding you.

I'm glad an admin got to see this, though I feel bad he had to slog through all the useless comments. As he said let's keep it civil. Meaning let's turn back to the actual issue since arguing about each other's virtues and vises doesn't help anything. 

@Nicomagne, congrats, the admins know about your issue. There's not really much more you can do you except reinforce your case by adding cases that you deem are harassment, and maybe emailing flare for an update every once in awhile. Paying out the rear will probably help too. 

8 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Thanks for raising the topic, your opinions are well noted.

Suggestion: Keep three attacks per hour limit, but make it nine attacks max per 24 hours. Quadruple number of slots on Favorites list so farming for medals or XP can be distributed among more players.

Edited by MagischerKoenig

People, this game is about raiding.

If looking at your history makes you sad, stop looking at it.

Since when does raiding someone else in a raiding game is considered bullying? This is crazy.

@Nicomagne god forbit you ever succeed at this game and get above 5.3-5.5k trophies, because the top5 alliances will target you like you have never imagined before.

Every once in a while a topic like this pops up. I get it when it's a player asking for tips on how to deal with constant attacks, but this topic is something else. Comparing this to bullying and asking for "safety" (wtf does that even mean? is that one of those "safe spaces" bullshit?) is seriously revolting.

Next thing we know these people have turned this game into tetris or farmville.

Edited by ARREBIMBA

This is a raiding game. Some players use raids for other reasons. There was a case in my alliance where a level 85 player was getting attacked by a level 115 player from a top 70 alliance. His goal, we deduced, was to invite retaliation attacks where we would use scrolls, thus giving him free gems. When he didn't get what he wanted, he moved on. I agree with both sides that you do not want to be attacked relentlessly by the same player, but still keep the essence of the game. Even if flare were to drop the 3 raids per hour to 1 per hour, that can still be 8 to 17 raids per day by same player. It allows to hit your favorites for gold, trophies, medals, gems, but forces players to spread it around some.

This topic has been raised many times and I think Flare is watching this very closely. If the so-called "constant" attacks per day, per week, per month, are not of malicious intent, it is okay to live with it. But if someone has a vendetta against a particular player, it can blow out of proportion especially when whole alliances are involved. This is not okay. In the end, many players on the losing end may get disheartened and leave the game for good. This is not good for Flare.

I think Flare will take account of the suggestions and comments here seriously so let's post constructively.

As suggested above, Flare may change the limit of 3 max attacks per player from 3 hours to say 24 hours. This will drastically reduce (but not prevent entirely) an all-out assault on everyone by everyone involved.  

Also like suggested above, Flare may increase the Favourite List to 50 like in Friend List so opponents will be spread.

And also like suggested above, Flare may start to emphasize more on matchmaking by eliminating entirely (means free) or reduce matchmaking gold cost by say 50% of current cost.

And also like suggested above, Flare may also allow a player to block X number of players for 24 hours.

Keep the constructive suggestions and comments coming. I am sure Flare will respond positively. Flare would not want players to leave due to this "constant" attacks issue so they WILL pay attention and fix it for sure.

I get harassed every day from people stealing my gold. Its constant, non stop, and bullying behavior.

worst thing is when i try attack back they often have no gold to take, few trophies etc and then flare limit my attacks to 3per hour so I can't fight back enough to try make them stop. Sometimes its higher level players attacking that I may fail and need to figure out how to beat their base.

obviously from the comments in this thread, 3 attacks per hour is not enough to stop bullying behaviour, so it should be increased or made unlimited, so that when people get harassed, there is means to attack enough to make them stop!

ok so I am not entirely being serious above, more attacks per hour probably isn't going to happen, but did want to point out that limiting attacks more probably won't solve the issue. if the care bear players feel bullied by attacks, i doubt eg if limited to 10 a day, they would be any happier if they get hit x 10 times a day - and then maybe 50 if their teammates join in. Now let me know if anyone thinks someone who is having fun smashing the same guy(s) again and again is going to stop their behaviour now there is even less possible retaliation.

33 minutes ago, Maerique said:

Seriously, the point of this game is to raid other people for gold!

seriously? I did not know.

you are seriously knowledgeable in the game.
with your advice I no longer use start morale and my attacking has improved remarkably, I hope to be as good as you one day.

14 minutes ago, Maerique said:

We finally agree on something.

You have played many years, your king looks really strong, your trophies are high, I am sure you also have great pro-league results.

following in your footsteps, I am also now re-rolling my SP gear to have gold perks where possible so I can get more gold in war.
this will help with all the people harassing and stealing my gold.

56 minutes ago, Fourofjacks said:

You have played many years, your king looks really strong, your trophies are high, I am sure you also have great pro-league results.

following in your footsteps, I am also now re-rolling my SP gear to have gold perks where possible so I can get more gold in war.
this will help with all the people harassing and stealing my gold.

Are you a child?  It's okay if you are.  But if you're a full grown adult you should be able to formulate a better response than this.

Edited by Maerique

image.png.b9f7ed2726d42d00c4cd49886b68d558.png

whoa, thanks for taking it easy on me, I have only played less than a year.
I think my attack history nearly went over a day before your attacks (which would be a nice change).

but back on topic - as i mentioned above, I was not serious about being attacked heaps every day being considered harassment. Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I said I was not being serious.

But since Maerique has attacked me, using his attacks as example, if he starts attacking me lots continuously, as higher trophy player there is almost nothing useful I can do to deter his attacks except possibly attack repeatedly, and limiting my attacks would remove that option. Though obviously repeated attacking him back would probably not work as deterrence anyway. We leaves only option I can think of is to talk to him / his leader / other generals with the threat to drop my trophies and see if I can find some of their members that would not like to have massive amounts of attacks a day stripping trophies etc, and telling them they will get this until they convince their alliance members to stop attacks, or leave the alliance themselves.

Unfortunately 'harassing' lower players is about the only option for higher players to deter attacks unless the loot / reward algorithm is changed. So in that regard I don't think reducing the limit of attacks a day until it is so low people dont care is a good solution.

Edited by Fourofjacks

1 hour ago, Maerique said:

Are you a child?  It's okay if you are.  But if you're a full grown adult you should be able to formulate a better response than this.

wow it says 1 hour ago, and then "Edited 26 minutes ago by Maerique"

you took 34 minutes to come up with that?

1 hour ago, Fourofjacks said:

So in that regard I don't think it is right to limit the number of attacks a day.

Yes, those attacks (or the possibility of doing them) are an important part of the game.

This is why I suggested nine attacks max per 24h. It is still enough to annoy people but not too excessive.
Probably it can not be solved to satisfy everyone. People have to learn to live with these attacks and not take it personal. I had/have many stalkers, some of them very nasty ones.
But I know it is a game and when I see excessive attacks in my history which are not for gaining gold or XP (which can be hard to tell) I just see another pitiful, immature person wasting time.

Edited by MagischerKoenig

On 2/18/2018 at 7:51 AM, Dena4 said:

As former leader for a long time I have been in same position as Magischer is in now. As leader it costs sometimes a lot of time solving problems, this is not fun for a leader, in fact I got sleepless nights plus headaches from it solving all those conflicts. And I faced plenty of them, much worse than most here can imagine.

lol, thats me. i get headaches thinking about my alliance sometimes.

10 hours ago, Maerique said:

Seriously, the point of this game is to raid other people for gold!

No, it's not!

The point of the game is raiding!

I don't care what your goal is (be it gold or anything else). I'm pretty close to not needing gold anymore since I'm almost maxing out my upgrades.

However, I still want medals, XP, loot and to have fun raiding others.

But really, the number one problem here is the mentality of "raids = bullying". Bullying is a serious issue and should not be used lightly like this. Saying that and asking for "safety" (again, wtf that does mean in a raiding game?) seriously revolts and disgusts me.

Edited by ARREBIMBA

6 hours ago, MagischerKoenig said:

But I know it is a game and when I see excessive attacks in my history which are not for gaining gold or XP (which can be hard to tell) I just see another pitiful, immature person wasting time.

hey that is not a nice way to describe me :( if you remember i have repeated attacked people just for fun not for gold or xp!
though i guess it was not that excessive, just 9 i think for one day.

it seems maybe i have a new stalker, Maerique seems to have taken a liking to failing at my base :rolleyes:
i am sure he will get through sooner or later.

but i dont think theres any point to limit to 9, i dont think it will enough to deter the guys that raid like crazy. And the guys that do care 9 will still be too much.

2 hours ago, ARREBIMBA said:

But really, the number one problem here is the mentality of "attacks = bullying". Bullying is a serious issue and should not be used lightly like this. Saying that and asking for "safety" (again, wtf that does mean in a raiding game?) seriously revolts and disgusts me.

i don't disagree with you, but bullying as they say is in the eye of the one being bullied. I don't agree with that either, but just pointing it out some may feel bullied when attacked many many times. In the OP case, seems like the guys friends were the bullies, until it didn't suit them and then turned into being bullied >>

in any case this game like many competitive game revolves around having fun by reducing other peoples fun... so no way to please everyone. Sometimes its nice ot have enemies to spice things up.