Jump to content
FlareGames
Infamous

4.0 Anticipated Features

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Infamous said:

Someone proposed an entirely new mode where we dont get trophies but can farm xp and resources still. Was it you, @Hellslord? Maybe we can get a properly fixed AI just for that mode? Honestly, I dont want to waste my time playing manual if I need 8m gold to do an odyssey, this simply kills the fun. On the opposite side, I would gladly disable the AM for wars and leave it to be as retarded as it is now for trophy farming. The manual control requirment should be proportional to the permanent gains, not the other way round.

There are several heroes who do just fine in autoplay. Most of them, actually, if you're willing to set them up to succeed in AP. If you choose spells that can be cast almost any time without being wasted (bia is the best example, asclepius and pandoras box both work well too), and choose units that complement each other when they're selected with a more or less even distribution by the AI, I think you'll find it pretty simple to get a couple of AP-capable heroes for farming resources. You really only need one. Two is a luxury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, vasudeva1 said:

it is a contradiction to make the stupid autoplay to force you to play manual and then force yourself to play in autopley to use an item you have already paid

Sell the item then. It's probably going to be garbage anyways. Just sell it.

Edited by dumpster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Ok. I would dismantle that for a forge without a minute's hesitation, but I'm glad you like it.

I agree, in fact I prefer and I have a cooldown coat, but this makes me get a better forge. However it increases the health of Hercules of 30k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vasudeva1 said:

I agree, in fact I prefer and I have a cooldown coat, but this makes me get a better forge. However it increases the health of Hercules of 30k

All those health curses are underpowered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree loyalty maxed in 4-5 weeks. There is a serious amount of players who does not leave their alliance for 2 years and more and loyal to their alliance even they do not have blessings, ganged at wars, weaker blessings etc... The purpose is to be reward those people not with donations also with alliance buffs... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 2:41 PM, Infamous said:

Someone proposed an entirely new mode where we dont get trophies but can farm xp and resources still. Was it you, @Hellslord? Maybe we can get a properly fixed AI just for that mode? Honestly, I dont want to waste my time playing manual if I need 8m gold to do an odyssey, this simply kills the fun. On the opposite side, I would gladly disable the AM for wars and leave it to be as retarded as it is now for trophy farming. The manual control requirment should be proportional to the permanent gains, not the other way round.

Yes infamous it was me. I am still thinking some people does not go for trophies anymore but need resources for forging or for upgrades. They have an option a lower difficulty. Lower difficulty means less trophies/maybe zero but it can give gold and xp maybe %50 of current. I guess for my team, half of them start to play game again and travel map. Serious number of players lost passion to the game. It can boost them and give them a chance to complete game with maxing all heroes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@vasudeva1 I just don't like to be forced to use a feature I don't want. If I want to play autoplay i should be able to play in autoplay without switch between manual and autoplay. If Olmypus rising have add the autoplay since day 1 then the AI must be up. The dumb AI force us to use manual gameplay and like me on a limited data per month. I don't want to play during 1 hour because I must use manual and use the entire 3 minutes per raid

If you got in your Titan Cursed Chest task to play in autoplay or any cursed items who demand to play in autoplay you should be able at any time and for each Hero not only the strong one like Helen of Troy,Perseus,etc..

edit : lol i don't have see there is a page 10. My post lose a little sense sorry

Edited by Warriornator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Warriornator said:

@vasudeva1 I just don't like to be forced to use a feature I don't want. If I want to play autoplay i should be able to play in autoplay without switch between manual and autoplay. If Olmypus rising have add the autoplay since day 1 then the AI must be up. The dumb AI force us to use manual gameplay and like me on a limited data per month. I don't want to play during 1 hour because I must use manual and use the entire 3 minutes per raid

If you got in your Titan Cursed Chest task to play in autoplay or any cursed items who demand to play in autoplay you should be able at any time and for each Hero not only the strong one like Helen of Troy,Perseus,etc..

edit : lol i don't have see there is a page 10. My post lose a little sense sorry

You might enjoy this game: http://progressquest.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 1:56 PM, dumpster said:

There are several heroes who do just fine in autoplay. Most of them, actually, if you're willing to set them up to succeed in AP. If you choose spells that can be cast almost any time without being wasted (bia is the best example, asclepius and pandoras box both work well too), and choose units that complement each other when they're selected with a more or less even distribution by the AI, I think you'll find it pretty simple to get a couple of AP-capable heroes for farming resources. You really only need one. Two is a luxury.

Veering a little off topic, but dumpster's post above deserves a BIG thumbs up and should be sent to a lot of players that still need a lot of XP etc. Autoplay actually works very well for a lot of heroes, but the AI is remarkably better at some unit mixes than others - the key being a lot of synergy assuming a more or less even balance based on using roughly the same amount of morale for each unit.

The AI is pretty bad at casting very time/placement critical spells. So use spells that are less time critical.

Lastly, you also need to modify your hero outfit for good AI play. The most obvious move is to equip lightning resistance for higher-level players. LT resistance is very unimportant for manual play, because you can easily manually side-step Apollo towers. The AI is bad at that, so set up your hero with LT resistance. Fire resistance is next on my personal list, followed by Poison resistance.

Heroes that carry a shield are generally easier to set up for autoplay as a beginner/intermediate. Ariadne is very strong as an AI played hero, but requires a lot more experience and good gear to work well.

Use Trebs/Minos with autoplay heroes - it'll cost your gatekeeper kills, but the minos will push gatekeepers out of the way and the trebs will take down the gate. Suboptimal for war, but good for farming.

Anyways - your mileage may vary, but the main take-away is that you have to gear your heroes to your intended use.

Lastly - and I'm just stating my personal opinion here: I'm very happy with the AI as is. Not only does it win the vast majority of maps if you choose your hero wisely and set him up right, but I'm also a firm believer that the AI should never outperform a player. Otherwise we can all go and play Idle Heroes instead 😉 (or non-stop Knight, which I've never tried but understand is one of those idle games).

Cheers, --Prom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idle Heroes is actually a very decent thing... Although I kinda prefer Soul Hunters if we are talking about this genre. And to my liking, gameplay is actually a strength of those games. But well, to each his own, I guess.

Edited by Infamous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Yes. Tomorrow :)

but tomorrow is Saturday!!  XD

sorry, my fault, I mess it up, it's Friday, today!!

Edited by Isjerryhuang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×