FlareGames
LacunaC

ANOTHER way to balance out gate towers

On 4/17/2018 at 3:57 PM, FTB said:

For this very reason, that the Time warp scrolls exists, this would make this idea/feature not fair for everyone.

Now about the Gate towers, the whole power of defense will be rebalanced in a way that offense is not overpowered anymore, we are working on it :)

@FTB Any news on this is very much appreciated.

On 5/4/2018 at 11:18 AM, LacunaC said:

@FTB Any news on this is very much appreciated.

I don't think we will see FTB anymore. Like Alysea the boss have ordered not answer anymore. The communication becoming too much good lol

You will wait very long......he was connected but like each employee. He is censored and cannot anymore speak :(

Will see in few month........

20 hours ago, Warriornator said:

You will wait very long......he was connected but like each employee. He is censored and cannot anymore speak :(

Will see in few month........

True, maybe since he took this dumb idea to them to take towers out of tower defense game.

1 hour ago, FTB said:

Still working on it in this very moment :)

Good maybe by next year it will be done and everyone will no longer be able to use towers in tower defense game. Cant wait for all the bugs and problems from this stoic idea. Please keep us in the loop of what we can expect. BTW the path should not be able to run by the castle either then. Also take the towers away from the gate in ninja also or get ride of ninja like the festivals why give away free pearls right. look forward to flare running players out of game will save people time to do more important things.

Rebalancing the whole defense? Oh my god I am impatient to see all the mess and problem 4.0 will do. Strange FTB you are a player but since you work with Flare you destroy the game more you fix it. You add the worst idea ever the bomb kick aura and now you will rebalancing the whole defense in probably version 4.0. Its obvious with Flare the word ''Balancing'' means more ''destruction''

more you touch this game and more you scrap it. I prefer if you don't touch anything if you cannot balance stuffs properly. However I will wait 4.0 and see all the complaints here on the forum before going further in my opinion about this

6 hours ago, MightyAnurag1 said:

The gamers who r trolling against balancing gate towers are the ones who dont want to get in the trouble of forging 21 towers, they just want to forge 6 or 8 towers and rest them arnd the gate. 

Yeah no, have 41 towers now and takes long time to get them maxed out as free player. Maybe it is the so called trolls that want a pass on the gate since they do not want become skilled at taking towers down.

I gave an easy solution for the gate towers before. When it hurts the defender when you knock them down, you should see how fast those towers will be placed elsewhere.

For example, during war season, give double amount of skulls for every tower in gate area that's knocked down. When you miss a tower, you gain 99%. So when you place a tower on both sides near the gate, knocking down one of them will neutralize missing one of them. But when you manage to knock them both down, the defender will be punished for it. There can still be a positive aspect for the defender, leaving more towers standing at gate area than knocking down. 

Say you have 6 towers there in gate area, knocking down 3 of them will be enough to neutralize score (and get same skulls as 100%). Knocking down less will lead to lower score like now. So essentially more players will be tempted to raid bases with gate towers during war season.

During non war season, it doesn't matter that much. Especially during war season this will lead to players moving towers outside gate area. and then a rebalance of towers (that is planned) makes sense. 

i don't like this idea of neutralize the score. i prefer more your other idea in the other topic where you said during War Season everyone who add Tower near the gate should be punish. Each tower destroy by the attacker should give him like +10 skulls each. Punish the defender. The only way to remove this and solve the problem

So if a player have a 20% skulls perk and gain 1,315 or around and destroy 6 tower near the gate. The player can earn 1,375. However if you add this to the game then remove the skulls in COF. I would like to have that in the future and maybe I will love more doing the War this way

Edited by Warriornator

44 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

I gave an easy solution for the gate towers before. When it hurts the defender when you knock them down, you should see how fast those towers will be placed elsewhere.

For example, during war season, give double amount of skulls for every tower in gate area that's knocked down. When you miss a tower, you gain 99%. So when you place a tower on both sides near the gate, knocking down one of them will neutralize missing one of them. But when you manage to knock them both down, the defender will be punished for it. There can still be a positive aspect for the defender, leaving more towers standing at gate area than knocking down. 

Say you have 6 towers there in gate area, knocking down 3 of them will be enough to neutralize score (and get same skulls as 100%). Knocking down less will lead to lower score like now. So essentially more players will be tempted to raid bases with gate towers during war season.

During non war season, it doesn't matter that much. Especially during war season this will lead to players moving towers outside gate area. and then a rebalance of towers (that is planned) makes sense. 

Like your other idea better listed below seems more fair.

36 minutes ago, Warriornator said:

i don't like this idea of neutralize the score. i prefer more your other idea in the other topic where you said during War Season everyone who add Tower near the gate should be punish. Each tower destroy by the attacker should give him like +10 skulls each. Punish the defender. The only way to remove this and solve the problem

So if a player have a 20% skulls perk and gain 1,315 or around and destroy 6 tower near the gate. The player can earn 1,375. However if you add this to the game then remove the skulls in COF. I would like to have that in the future and maybe I will love more doing the War this way

I don't play in war seasons but this does sound fair and should not be hard to make happen.

Just want to point out that if some towers if not all are not ranged they will not activate in attack on gate. This is more to do with regular play and gate run missions. So they are kind of pointless to have there in that scenario anyway.