GalaMorgane

Forum update 4.3

Hello guys,

Today we updated our forums!! AND NOW ..... I can put octopus everywhere! πŸ™

You might not have been able to access the forum for a little while, but everything is back to normal now!

If you spot anything unusual please let me know 🧐

Thanks,

Gala πŸ™

Β 

πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Merci beaucoup Gala.

Octopus is way too cute for my taste. I prefer Typhon, the "father of all monsters" and the most powerful monster of Greek mythology!

This is a cartoonish rendering so it won't scare you too much:

typhonc.jpg

Did you add new features/functions?

I tested the search function and it is so much faster compared to the previous version. I hope it will encourage the members to search more often before posting duplicated topics. But thanks to @Infamous for cleaning up (the OR forum)...

The only bug I found is some thumbnails are missing I think.

For example, on this page, the thumbnails for members aspirine and lefti4 are missing:

https://forums.flaregames.com/topic/36665-titan-code-thread-for-new-players/?page=223

missing.jpg

For those who are curious, here are some highlights in v4.3:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/invision-community-43-r1055/

Β 

Β 

@TomaxoΒ Thanks for sharing the features! I am Doubleplus excited about the Elasticsearch integration, as I turned it down before precisely due to no integration. Also, I am no way close to being done with OR forums yet, for now I am test-driving the category system in an attempt to find the best way of doing things.

2 hours ago, Warriornator said:

πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ(Question) can we now use video now or we still need to use 3rd party website like Youtube,Dailymotion and others? Can we directly add video in a post?Β 

Great question, would make things a lot easier if we didn't have to wait to load videos into Strategies Guides and Hints until our YT videos were done uploading. Just getting them from documents would be a ton easier.

But WN, I don't think flare has any control over the forum updates. They just happen

Really? we are limited in number of screenshot? How can I update my topic in Strategie? I know I have use over maybe 200 or 300 screenshot in 2 years in all my post but why a limit? How I can help the others now? Alternative solution?

1967568410_Screenshot(273).thumb.png.051ea1ebed9c96725b43c3e32247ecfe.png

Edit : We are now limited to 2 screenshot and half by post. So limited to a total of 6 MB

Can we come back to previous version? that was better with no limited data. I was able to add over 10 screenshot in a post with over 20 MB

Edited by Warriornator

With the version 4.3 we are now limited to only a total of 6 MB per post. So no more PNG at 2.4 MB-4.88 MB per screenshotΒ  if you have more than 3 screenshot to add.

Use this a image resizer website online : http://resizeimage.net/

change PNG to JPG and click normal compression and reduce 91% to 60%. to drop 2.4 MB to 176 KB

I loved more the previous version of the forum where no limit total was allowed and PNG was not a problem. Just a limit per screenshot of 4.88 MB.Β 

That why update and improve something its not always the best solution :(

Β 

Edited by Warriornator

59 minutes ago, Tomaxo said:

Hi @GalaMorgane,

I'mΒ creating a poll and I think it is limited to 6 questions only.

Can you please increaseΒ it to 14, if possible?

Lemme check. I don't think I can actually change this setting.Β 

Might have to wait until tomorrow to ask the forum's Devs.Β 

On 5/8/2018 at 12:35 PM, Infamous said:

I am Doubleplus excited about the Elasticsearch integration, as I turned it down before precisely due to no integration.

MySQL is slower when processing large amounts of data through indexing, so yeah,Β Elasticsearch is optimized for that.

But how come you have privileges to change that? I don't think a Mod can do that... Were you an Admin in a previous life?Β πŸ€”

Is Pheme related to Infamous?Β πŸ˜‰Β πŸ˜ƒ