FlareGames
Mpamparos

Forging bug cause of clever players?

The effect on the 131 players is that there is quite literally nothing else to do once you have built everything and upgraded everything except forge items. I fully agree that items were able to be increased by too much however it wasn’t a bug, is was bad design. The knee jerk reaction is half-assed. It has made forging pointless and hasn’t done anything to the high level items in use. In one instant green item chests are made purchasable with gems, in the next the entire point of that is removed by the nerf to forging. The timeframe of that meant it wasn’t thought through and the effects weren’t tested. Any change should have been thought through across the board, with impact to all levels considered, and then a fully thought out system with appropriate levels, and especially maximum levels, fixed and all overpowered items reduced to those levels. Forging should still be available and produce improved items, just not as high as currently available, otherwise there is no point to forging at all. 

Everyone knew about this. Because of such decisions and do not want to play. It turns out who reached level 131 and bound himself all that could good fellows, and the rest are fools. Why not just towers and barricades? Then everyone would be equal. The point now is to fight in the military league if the one who did not shackle the items is always the loser?

11 hours ago, HOLYDIVINE said:

@CaptainMorgan, @Chris and @GalaMorgane do you play OR?

Please don't say you make these decision just on the basis of random statistical data.

I thought you guys love this game as much as I do.I am literary stopped playing Dawn of gods and other on line game when I found OR.(literary unistalled them from my Mobile)

Now I think I made a big mistake.You guys don't like your own game.?

CaptainMorgan plays the game. We made a nice war against eachother. I dont know the others play or not... 

Chris play too in OR. Its him who have make the video of him play when Adventure Odyssey have arrive in 3.4.0. CaptainMorgan and Chris have a personal account in OR. They have say it in the past here on the forum somewhere.GalaMorgane I don't know why people tag her she have nothing to do in OR. She play in RR2.She is the Community Manager of RR2. She give server update in OR but nothing more

Edited by Warriornator

The decision of limiting on forging boosts is the worst decision ever by flare games.  most of the players are angry with this decision including me. 

Now for me it is wastage of time if one could not forge good items??

Dear Developers,

You have introduced changes to forging which makes it useless. Due to forging now you can get items only 10% better than regular ones!!!

tomasz76

59 minutes ago, Tomasz76 said:

Dear Developers,

You have introduced changes to forging which makes it useless. Due to forging now you can get items only 10% better than regular ones!!!

tomasz76

You can still get more then 10% Boost.. 

2 hours ago, AK47NAPC said:

You can still get more then 10% Boost.. 

1) With old items that were forged

2) On a low end item of your level (41k shield instead of 45k - more difficult to analyse a lower power item that has a high stat on other types of items)

3) ultimately at titan, its possible after a few tries

4) Or if you try with a cursed high end item. Once per color maybe.

Anything else please share... we are dying to see anything remotely close to a “boost”

they made a colossal mistake
1) after sleeping for 9 months they wake up with the excuse of the "bug"
2) have created a huge difference in height between those who are at lvl 131 and others that will never be canceled if they keep the current items: Of course, even the players of lvl 131 are victims of this crap because they can not improve and find new items better are condemned to play a flat game, with nothing to give him the desire to go on, as even the trophies are blocked and you do not go too far
The wars league will be a failure because the super rewards will be taken by alliances with players of lvl 131 and all the others, tired of never winning anything, abandon the game and / or stop supporting him by buying the gems as they have no chance to compete with the first ones. The only ones who will remain to play will be the developers, in fact I do not think they play, because if they played they would have realized what was happening with the forge a long time ago, or maybe they knew it and they preferred to continue to sleep

Go back and do things in a serious, professional and fair way, I'm sure if you want you have the skills

Edited by vasudeva1

It’s not even really the devs fault, they just don’t have any help. Their boss needs to hire some people, but the game doesn’t make a lot of money so what are you going to do really. It’s just sad to see it die like this. 

What is their fault, or will be their fault if they don’t do something, is killing a feature that everyone liked. Maybe they didn’t intend forging to work the way it did, maybe it was completely unintended, but if that’s the case they accidentally made a game feature that EVERYONE LOVED. You get lucky sometimes, just roll with it. Say “hey, we have this one feature of the game that’s working differently than we intended, but it’s awesome. How can we shape the game around it to make the whole experience even more fun?

dont make a mistake guys. 

16 minutes ago, dumpster said:

It’s not even really the devs fault, they just don’t have any help. Their boss needs to hire some people, but the game doesn’t make a lot of money so what are you going to do really. It’s just sad to see it die like this. . 

I agree, we turn to the devs because they interface with us and should know the game. I want to say something unpopular but if they want to make more money they must stop giving away all those gems with the contests on the forum, give 2000-5000 gems to 800-1000 players is a huge, if they want to give away the gems with the contests they will give a number symbolic 100-150 gems are enough

Edited by vasudeva1

3 minutes ago, vasudeva1 said:

I agree, we turn to the devs because they interface with us and should know the game. I want to say something unpopular but if they want to make more money they must stop giving away all those gems with the contests on the forum, give 2000-5000 to 800-1000 players is a huge, if they want to give away the gems with the contests they will give a number symbolic 100-150

I don’t have a problem with the contests because they happen so rarely. They need to get a much bigger player base, and that means new content more frequently. It means having team members who play the game intensely and can provide real feedback. It means having a community manager who is dedicated to OR. 

It’s all a catch 22, though, because to do the things you need to do to get a big player base, you need the income from a big player base. 

Excellent point @vasudeva1 there's no way I could've got close to those kind of gems at my current game progress, just seemed once again, let's give lots of gems to our long term high lvl players - (I'm the idiot that was spending 30 dollars a month ). Oh and you can have uber forged gear with your gems, screw the new guys!!  Last time I pay for gems.   Hardly played since this forge change, and that says something, as I've been very active everyday since the start.  :(

10 minutes ago, dumpster said:

I don’t have a problem with the contests because they happen so rarely. They need to get a much bigger player base, and that means new content more frequently. It means having team members who play the game intensely and can provide real feedback. It means having a community manager who is dedicated to OR. 

It’s all a catch 22, though, because to do the things you need to do to get a big player base, you need the income from a big player base. 

and very true what you say and I agree, in fact if you remember from above I insist in saying that you have to keep the new players while what they did now with the forge makes away the new players for 2 reasons:
1) know that they will never be competitive with those who are at the top right now
2) increase still more lvl put the new players in front of a montain where it is impossible to reach the summit

Edited by vasudeva1

I think its not really developer fault if they have some lack of help. I think the boss in Flare must be a jerk or something and push them to do something but at the final I am sure CaptainMorgan and Chris regret what they do and the action they do its against them. We see it in RR2 I have no clue who is in charge in Flaregames company but the boss must be a real jerk because we have got one time the best CM of all time and they fire her when they have see she was too much close of people. In other world she was too much human. Since we have noob and incompetent CM who don't care,don't answer,etc..

When you write in support team. its the main reason RR2 have drop 1 Million player to 15K. they answer you like a robot and don't care of anyone. Like ''we are sorry you experiencing bugs and problem good luck next time'' or worst I have hear worst then that  So in Olympus Rising I don't think its the fault of CaptainMorgan and the team. I have a feeling the boss is behind it in a way and have force them to do a worst action.

its the main reason why all Flare games die one by one. The Boss is a perfect jerk and don't care of what he doing or have no idea what he doing.

There was a publication on internet about they have invest in a new process and develop 30 games at this moment. I am not surprise why previous one is neglected and die one by one. When you play RR2,OR,Dawn of Steel,Nonstop Knight and so on....you understand why Flaregames will not survive longer. Created maybe in 2012-2014 but will not survive until 2020 not with the mentality of the Boss

Edited by Warriornator

I have read several of the comments here and totally agree that more/some thought should have gone into this rather than just tearing off the band aid approach and being done with it.

Devs have a tendency to let things go too far gone then make drastic changes thinking they’ve plugged the leak ... unfortunately it doesn’t work that way, and it’s evident once again this time around with players annoyance and grievances 

i don’t know what the sudden logic was or what the solution is, but as an interim they could have scaled the forging by small increments (by level of player) .. ie. the lower players get the greater benefits and the higher you go, limitations apply .. hence bridging the gulf between the two

Now top end players have an even greater advantage being set with high powered forged items whilst the rest are upgrading in minimal increments and snail pace  .... be it whether you’re forging a 1 Star with a 1 Star, or a 1 Star with a 2,3,4 Star ... makes no difference as the value is now the same or thereabouts 

Saying it's a bug is wrong. It's more acceptable to admit it's a game exploit, specifically twinking.

"Twinking usually refers to taking advantage of design flaws in the game's gearing system in order to equip a new or low level character with much higher level gear."

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit#Common_types

25 minutes ago, Tomaxo said:

Saying it's a bug is wrong. It's more acceptable to admit it's a game exploit, specifically twinking.

"Twinking usually refers to taking advantage of design flaws in the game's gearing system in order to equip a new or low level character with much higher level gear."

I agree with you tomaxo. If forging is a bug then what about this where +15 ascenion level plus opponents can take maximum trophies without deafteing gate keeper or Just completing 82% map and still rewared for 10 trophies.

Is the other guy stupid enough to waste resources and time on keeping Max level defense structures and Forging good greas for heroes and gatekeeper?

@CaptainMorgan I am still waiting when you will fix this bug.

Now I no longer have the adavantage of Forging good gears.I guess it will be okay If you fix this weird system of distributing trophies and Please make unique items useful too.

Screenshot_2018-05-25-20-21-40-256_com.flaregames.olympusrising.png

Edited by HOLYDIVINE

Some fellows like @HOLYDIVINE and @AK47NAPC mentioned “cap”, and I like that.

A solution to fix that bug game exploit is to set a soft cap. You can keep forging overpowered items but you can only use them when you reach a certain level. Thus lvl 131 players will be able to use their current superforged gear only when new Ascension levels will be later introduced.

56 minutes ago, Tomaxo said:

Some fellows like @HOLYDIVINE and @AK47NAPC mentioned “cap”, and I like that.

A solution to fix that bug game exploit is to set a soft cap. You can keep forging overpowered items but you can only use them when you reach a certain level. Thus lvl 131 players will be able to use their current superforged gear only when new Ascension levels will be later introduced.

Are u playing your account? Bcoz if u dont play your account and knows the things from the top and other ranks u dont have reason to speak

45 minutes ago, MrCouPer said:

Are u playing your account? Bcoz if u dont play your account and knows the things from the top and other ranks u dont have reason to speak

Ofc, I play everyday for a year and a half now, and I'm communicating with the best player in the game (you know who), other high-level players as well as lower-level players. I already fought you on my map, and you beat me a couple of times according to the battle log.

Maybe you got confused, but when I said setting a cap, I meant for every level, not only max level.

4 hours ago, Tomaxo said:

Except nobody knew this was an exploit. All of us assumed that this was exactly how the forging system was designed. 1) forging was introduced as a way to bring equipment up to level after it was nerfed, 2) even decently forged stuff is only about as good as items would have been at level 131 if the equipment nerf had never gone through (again, working as intended), 3) the devs claim to test the game on actual high level players routinely . How could you run the game on real accounts and not notice that some gear was way more powerful than you intended it to be?

either they didn’t ever test or didn’t really test until 4.0 tests were being run using Red Squad as the trial alliance. The problem is that they don’t know a better way to fix this problem. I don’t know how to say anything else without being insulting to them, so I’ll keep my mouth shut. 

Stubbornness is not usually a virtue. 

34 minutes ago, Tomaxo said:

Ofc, I play everyday for a year and a half now, and I'm communicating with the best player in the game (you know who), other high-level players as well as lower-level players. I already fought you on my map, and you beat me a couple of times according to the battle log.

Maybe you got confused, but when I said setting a cap, I meant for every level, not only max level.

You are not allied since I play you, talking to two players to know me does not say anything to me, but do not worry about it, forg system is a mistake now if you look at the photos I posted in this post all players totally disappointed with this forg system except two players who have op items and like to be so with high stats