FlareGames
FLORIN

Videos doesn't give reward

2 hours ago, CaptainRoyalRevolt said:

If Vungle gets in trouble because I continue to watch Ads it might be more motivated to resolve the issue at hand quickly.

I doubt you're putting them at risk, nor will they work faster.

Putting them at risk why? Because it violates the GDPR?
Yes, it probably does but there is still no entity checking who does or doesn't fullfill the GDPR accordingly.

Work faster? Nope nope.
Gala already said we will only be having a fix on the release 4.0, which should take like.... another 1-2 months?

So unfortunately we will have to keep waiting.

Know the good part? I won't be watching dummy ads for some time 😀

Edited by ShadowsGuardian

Please read here @flaretara, @GalaMorgane

it's about Vungle and gdpr

https://vungle.com/gdpr-faq/

For Europe, there seems to be a consent status that needs to be set first by the publisher (flare in this case). Option 1 can be used to set the stats to accepted. If you don't the result will be null (or unknown). Option 2 also tells you this 

image.thumb.png.88dfc586289a5e70c64a5b5f3c0fafab.png

I as European player, only saw a popup from flare one time, which I accepted. However... I never got such a popup from Vungle that asked me to enter personalized advertizing. 

Hope this helps you to solve the issue Video issue. I assume that Vungle expects that you already made this adaptation. If you didn't, this might help you to fix it. Set the consent to opt_in and result will be as expected. 

I will give you the Vungle parts, to make your software gdpr aware. https://vungle.com/blog/2018/05/16/gdpr-what-it-is-and-why-it-matters-to-you-part-1-of-3/

There are three parts. Part 3 isn't available.

Here Vungle explains what to do to make an app gdpr aware.

https://support.vungle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003059331-Get-Started-with-Vungle-Windows-SDK-v-6

There clearly is the step 

// To set the user’s consent status as opted in:

sdkInstance.UpdateConsentStatus(VungleConsentStatus.VungleConsentAccepted);

Is this used inside the code before showing the video to make opt-in active? If not, there you have the answer why OnAdEnd (event that becomes active when video ended) returns an unknown result, instead of the expected result for European players. 

I hope this helps you to solve the issue, there is no need to wait for Vungle. Just check if code follows the GDPR guidelines. I can't believe that Vungle didn't ask this first and is investigating it. 

Edited by Dena4

1 hour ago, Dena4 said:

There clearly is the step 

// To set the user’s consent status as opted in:

sdkInstance.UpdateConsentStatus(VungleConsentStatus.VungleConsentAccepted);

Is this used inside the code before showing the video to make opt-in active? If not, there you have the answer why OnAdEnd (event that becomes active when video ended) returns an unknown result, instead of the expected result for European players. 

I hope this helps you to solve the issue, there is no need to wait for Vungle. Just check if code follows the GDPR guidelines. I can't believe that Vungle didn't ask this first and is investigating it. 

According to Gala latest posts, I think we can assume they used that implementation.

Specially because she said they were in conversations with Vungle to know how to best solve the issue.

I know you really want to help but, I think you just jumped to conclusions here....

Who tells you that the problem is on Flares end? I can't remember the times I consumed an API developed by a third party and it didn't work 100% as intended.... (yes I'm a developer :) )

Just read this part on Gala post called "Update on WIndows Ads.":

After activating the ads for a short time to allow Vungle to work on it, we have an update. 

Just like she says, it seems like Vungle developed an API to comply with GDPR for both Android and PC platforms, but....

I guess things just didn't work 100% as expected on the implementation for PC ;)

36 minutes ago, ShadowsGuardian said:

According to Gala latest posts, I think we can assume they used that implementation.

Specially because she said they were in conversations with Vungle to know how to best solve the issue.

I know you really want to help but, I think you just jumped to conclusions here....

Who tells you that the problem is on Flares end? I can't remember the times I consumed an API developed by a third party and it didn't work 100% as intended.... (yes I'm a developer :) ) 

Just read this part on Gala post called "Update on WIndows Ads.":

Just like she says, it seems like Vungle developed an API to comply with GDPR for both Android and PC platforms, but....

I guess things just didn't work 100% as expected on the implementation for PC ;)

Let me tell you I am a developer myself also. I am well informed and I am told that NO change has been made to that subpart of the code. So since there is a change required for GDPR purpose and before wasn't required, draw your own conclusions what might be causing this. The new VungleSDK works just like before, for persons outside Europe. for persons in Europe, videos are shown, only... there is an unexpected result and that's causing the problem that no rewards are given.

Having said that,  they (Vungle) clearly state for Europe a code change is required when you use the newest vungle SDK. 

We can't assume they used that implementation at all. If they didn't change their code (and that is what is told me), then you have the reason why this is happening. Is it that hard to verify if this consent line of code is actually existing there or not? Never assume anything without proof of the opposite.

Now tell me, with that extra information (no code has been changed and Vungle states that line of code must be added), am I drawing incorrect conclusions? Why outside Europe on Windows Vungle videos work just fine and inside Europe they don't?

The videos work, but rewards aren't given by an unexpected result. Vungle even tells the outcome is unknown (exactly what flare experiences) when you don't implement the change (for Europe it is). 

Don't be shy, tell me what other plausible cause is remaining? You would have a point, when on Android and iOS also Vungle is used as video provider. As far as I know, it's not the case, Vungle is only used for Windows ads. I could be wrong there, but am I?

If Vungle was to blame in this, why isn't it raining complaints all over on the internet? Simply, because some developers of companies do read instructions, before they install a new version of an SDK and make necessary changes. Let me tell you why. code still compiles (no errors), so then the incorrect conclusion is drawn no changes are required, that's why. And it's logical, as developer you sometimes are extremely busy and expect that everything works just fine, when code still compiles and no code has been changed. 

Edited by Dena4

3 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

I am well informed and I am told that NO change has been made to that subpart of the code.

If you have access to such privileged information, then yes, you may probably be right.

5 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

If Vungle was to blame in this, why isn't it raining complaints all over on the internet? Simply, because some developers of companies do read instructions, before they install a new version of an SDK and make necessary changes. 

I don't know about "all over the internet", because I'm only playing RR2. So I can't talk about other games issues.

6 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

You would have a point, when on Android and iOS also Vungle is used as video provider. As far as I know, it's not the case, Vungle is only used for Windows ads. I could be wrong there, but am I?

I didn't know that Vungle ads were only used on Windows.

It seems I was mistaken then, sorry about that.

13 minutes ago, ShadowsGuardian said:

If you have access to such privileged information, then yes, you may probably be right.

I don't know about "all over the internet", because I'm only playing RR2. So I can't talk about other games issues.

I didn't know that Vungle ads were only used on Windows.

It seems I was mistaken then, sorry about that.

It's fine, you can't know everything. I got the information private from a person who doesn't want to be mentioned by name. So let's respect that. Without this secret information, I also would have drawn incorrect conclusions. 

I also only play RR2, so other games I also don't know. I only checked by google, searched on "VungleSDK GDPR". I added some additional words like  "problem", or "Bug", but didn't find any sides showing a lot of related complaints. 

If I remember well, a couple of years ago, videos only were offered for iOS and Android. Other video companies were used for those videos. Suddenly Vungle offered an SDK for Windows. That's what I still remember. Flare can have changed video provider for iOS and Android in the meanwhile (or use multiple ones, thanks @FLORIN), that info I don't have, but here I made the assumption they didn't change it. 

No worries, you also try to help. Remember that we all want to help, it's a good thing you responded. Last time @thomas239 solved a video related issue by using fiddler (Region related problem). Now it's up to flare to check whether or not the advice of Vungle is followed. 

I don't need any credits and even no thank you message, if this is the reason. For me it just matters that videos work plus give rewards to Windows player inside Europe.

Edited by Dena4

40 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

No worries, you also try to help. Remember that we all want to help, it's a good thing you responded. Last time @thomas239 solved a video related issue by using fiddler (Region related problem). Now it's up to flare to check whether or not the advice of Vungle is followed. 

Yeah, we all try to help somehow, but it's hard without a developer actively talking with us on the forum to confirm or deny our theories :(

I think that 1 or 2 developers should spend some time on the forum, at least on the "Suggestions & Improvements" and "Bugs & Problems" sections.

That would probably speed up the bug resolution, a lot.

Wow that's really cool that he was able to help! Even with little resources at his disposal.

Edited by ShadowsGuardian

7 minutes ago, ShadowsGuardian said:

Yeah, we all try to help somehow, but it's hard without a developer actively talking with us on the forum to confirm or deny our theories :(

I think that 1 or 2 developers should spend some time on the forum, at least on the "Suggestions & Improvements" and "Bugs & Problems" sections.

That would probably speed up the bug resolution, a lot.

Wow that's really cool that he was able to help! Even with little resources at his disposal.

Yep, some had no videos for 8 months. In the end it was regional related a dot (.) was replaced in JSon format by comma, I believe it was passing Windows version trough. Vungle didn't recognize the Windows version due to that and gave no video as response.

We had a time that developers were talking with us, that was a great time. I did add Gala and FlareTara for a reason, maybe they can pass it to development, since all their games might suffer the same problem. When one department checks it and adds the extra line that Vungle advices, maybe we can have the video issue resolved.

I think Windows players from Europe will be very happy, when this is fixed. 

7 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

Yep, some had no videos for 8 months

I know it's a regional issue and it's hard to replicate it or even trace it, without having 100% sure all players affected are from a certain region.
But 8 months to solve an issue....
Wow, I'm at a loss of words...

8 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

We had a time that developers were talking with us, that was a great time.

Yup, it's always good to be in contact with them.

11 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

I think Windows players from Europe will be very happy, when this is fixed. 

I can talk by myself when I say, I would be really happy because I hate having to turn on my phone when I have a PC app that does (or should be doing) the same :rolleyes:

I bet they will fix it and not tell us they did, to avoid questions and discussions. Vungle should indeed ask for contest settings when they are not known, but flare also could have prevented it by adapting the code as is told on the Vungle side.

So vungle probably didn't ask the content settings, while they should. Flare could have added opt_in to avoid unknown result.

Edited by Dena4

@GalaMorgane

I give up, I tried being patient and understanding but this is getting ridiculous.

Its totally Flares fault for screwing us EU Windows users.

They knew GDPR was coming, they didn't do shit and they continue doing it now. Nothing, nichts, nada, rien, niente

Good luck with your game Flare

Flick Areba

Thats definitely what Im doing when I hear Flare.

It's not only flare to blame. Vungle also said that when no user consent information is available, they will first ask for this. And that's what they don't do. I never got that popup asking this and neither did other windows users in Europe. Still... Is it that hard to add that consent line and tell the vungle sdk instance that opt_in is standard? Come on, it's just one stupid line of code, it's even plain copy-paste from the example, which only demends renaming the sdkInstance variable to the name they use inside the code, how hard can it be?

Hi there, 

We already commented on the fact that it's very unlikely a fix would come for the Windows ads before 4.0. I updated you as much as I could. Nothing else I can do about it I'm afraid. 

Many thanks, 

Gala 

Thats unacceptable, leaving things until 4.0 so if it's not working then players are distracted by the update and wait more for a fix.

I will lose my 4th consecutive Diamond League, before the video issue I won 8 out if 10.

Thanks a lot Flare

So just heard update 4.0 will be out late July so I guess thats it.

I'm not gonna wait 6 weeks for Flare to get its $hit together.

I advise everyone to give Flare a star in Store and uninstall the game because Flare discriminates Windows EU players.

They dont accept responsibility and clearly dont acknowledge us.

23 minutes ago, FLORIN said:

So just heard update 4.0 will be out late July so I guess thats it.

I'm not gonna wait 6 weeks for Flare to get its $hit together.

I advise everyone to give Flare a star in Store and uninstall the game because Flare discriminates Windows EU players.

They dont accept responsibility and clearly dont acknowledge us.

@CaptainRoyalRevoltwrote this.

Not sure if there is a direct connection between the implementation of GDPR and the Vungle Ads issue.

However I do know this: VPN rules !

Why you might ask? Well, I am not one that likes the idea of being treated a second grade player because I happen to play on a windows 10 device in the EU. So I tried some more options. Today I tried the option of playing RR2 as a EU-citizen but with a Canadian IP-address. And behold, not only did I get free chests again but boosts can be activated once more.

That's all I have to say.

PS:

If I get the time I will try other countries VPN-wise and update this post with my finding (workable IP-address via VPN):

• Australia 
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Mexico
  • New Zealand
  • Singapore
  • USA

•  

I'm a big fan of VPN's myself and I recommend using Windscribe!

Edited by Maestro

2 hours ago, cr1 said:

Its so fun to see how are people cant read but can develop the code 

😂

So since you can't read the links and most likely developers of flare are too stubborn to admit it's their mistake by not reading and follow up what vungle advices it's fun? Weird

2 minutes ago, FLORIN said:

Using free VPN exposes your system to security risks.

The data is encrypted. Read up on it if you want to know more. If you want to be totally secure you can pay for it but I'd just go with the Free 10gb/month Windscribe (which is the same as the paid version). 🙂

Edited by Maestro

3 hours ago, Dena4 said:

So since you can't read the links and most likely developers of flare are too stubborn to admit it's their mistake by not reading and follow up what vungle advices it's fun? Weird

Its very fun, really😂😂