FlareGames
CaptainMorgan

Upcoming Version 4.2.0 - The Forge

2 hours ago, Warriornator said:

@Tomaxo Are you sure you have the right one? this video seem to be a old one posted 1 year ago or I don't have the right one. On my ipad in Youtube that said 1 year ago so its maybe not about 4.1.0.

Edit : Nevermind you have post a old video. I have no clue why :blink: I was sure its about 4.1.0. My bad

Lol, your bad. Hellslord and HOLYDIVINE were curious to see how Sam and Chris look like in real life.

Check some previous posts above that vid. ?

Edited by Tomaxo
typo

I don't think its them. Because I don't see how Chris and Sam can work on RR2. RR2 and OR have 2 different team. Something I don't know. Or its not really 2 different team but only 1? if you watch 5 minutes of RR2 news you will see the same person. So I am little confuse about this or same if Flare is a publisher there is only 1 team who work on all 30 games?

Edited by Warriornator

my bad I was sure you talked about the 2 first person at the start. OK I will watch this later. Still is a mystery why we seem there in all games. So flare is not a publisher then? but more a developer. without that I don't see why they are in all video about all games. Nevermind Its not today we will discover the truth lol

Edited by Warriornator

47 minutes ago, Neptune said:

And u`re the Queen? That`s still a mystery to me ?

132468.jpg

Haha. Nah, the Queen title belongs to Gala. She's the Octopi Queen and we can sometimes see her (the giant octopus) on the War maps.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:08 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

We intend to revise the caps for Perks when we release version 4.1.

With that in mind, it would be good to hear from the community, what you consider your most dangerous Perks in terms of game balance would be, and what you would set as the maximum cap for those Perks. This is also a current discussion here amongst the team.

One thing you have to look into is what Dumpster said about the weird relation between reflect damage and area damage on the statue (and on the statue only) .. it's not a matter of caps, it's something else that causes a devasting damage. And imho putting caps to area is not the right way, rather find what causes that weird behaviour. Area damage on normal heroes is already weak enough to be barely worth it, I would've even increased it rather than cap it - but it needs fiixing on the statue.

Potency is also really weak in most cases. Imho of the special "cursed" perks the only one that's currently good as it is is demolition, the others are in general quite weak and to have a visible effect you need to really pump them up to unrealistic levels giving up lots of other essential stats..

Just as a possible hint, instead of having many hard caps you could also consider some diminishing return on values .. like, up to 50% resistance it's 1k points/resist, then from 51% to 60% it's 1.5k points, from 61 to 70% it's 2k points .. or something on this line. 

Edited by Dheth

On 6/27/2018 at 7:08 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

We intend to revise the caps for Perks when we release version 4.1.

With that in mind, it would be good to hear from the community, what you consider your most dangerous Perks in terms of game balance would be, and what you would set as the maximum cap for those Perks. This is also a current discussion here amongst the team.

Hi @CaptainMorganI think now gap for cooldown is good.every one playing without war blessings too longe. Forgot how hard with 6 blessings active. 10 skull odyssey with 9 war blessings is also challenge for 75% CD Helen who is 1 of 2 who could reach max CD in now version. Some players defend is stronger than 10 skull odyssey. The mix element damages is killing, I will not consider reduce element resist to exchange CD for most hero.

Nerf CD will let titan league war be hell.

Edited by donoo

On 6/26/2018 at 11:58 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

Refining will give you a an extra Perk, but each of those Perks will be weaker.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:16 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

Refining an item will return it to an Epic, 1-Star Item which is is stronger than a normal Epic, 1-Star Item (meaning higher overall stats).

Are these 2 descriptions conflict with each other? If not, I think it should be like below:

Trinkets
Other Items
Unrefined 2 Perks (100% Strength) 1 Perk (100% Strength)
Refined

3 Perks (73% Strength, as 100% x 2 Perks = 200% becomes 220% after refining)

*But the 73% Strength is of course talking about when it becomes a 5-stars Titan again

2 Perks (55% Strength, as 100% becomes 110% after refining)

*55% is talking about when it becomes a 5-stars Titan again

Other questions:

On 6/27/2018 at 12:00 AM, CaptainMorgan said:

Good suggestions. At the moment we only plan to allow up to 2 cycles. We will discuss your other suggestions and the amount of additional work involved if we think they should get in.

Please advise what was the plan if 2 cycles are allowed. When I refine a trinkets 2nd time, will it becomes 4 Perks from 3?

In addition, Refining an item will give the item an additional Perk, depending on the item you used to Refine it.

Does this mean the added Perk will NOT be random? Means if I have a 5-stars Titan weapon with Attack Speed, and then I refine it with a cape with Cool Down, will the 2 Perks of the weapon definitely are Attack Speed and Cool Down after it becomes a 1-star Epic?

On 6/27/2018 at 6:43 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

If you are very careful and/or patient with your forging it will be possible to get any Perk on any item.

This is a good news, but may make the Unique not as good/important as is. One of the key feature of the Unique is the Unique item provides some Perks that you'll never have on neither normal or cursed items.

Edited by Isjerryhuang
complete the description to " the weapon *definitely are Attack Speed and Cool Down"

On 6/26/2018 at 5:39 PM, CaptainMorgan said:

We will try to optimise the sorting again - this should be made easier by the fact that the number of stars on an item is the important factor (we will consider sorting by stars when choosing an item to dismantle for example). Suggestions on an ideal sort order are welcome.

Further improvements to filtering and/or changing the sort order would be something for a later update.

@CaptainMorgan

Forging is a pain right now due to the sorting... especially if you bought an Booster-Package with 50+ items...

By the time I have found the Item I want to improve, i already forgot which item I wanted to dismantle (even harder if there are 2 items with slightly different values)

I would suggest some kind of forging-chest... So there is a Button for every item saying something like "dismiss" which puts in this chest so that you can build a pool of items you want/can to dismantle. When you hit the forging-button on the item you want to improve you'll be shown ONLY the items within this forging-chest for dismantling.

This would be a major improvment in forging and makes it less frustrating, I think.

What do you think of such an idea?

Greetings

8 hours ago, Cheesarious said:

@CaptainMorgan

Forging is a pain right now due to the sorting... especially if you bought an Booster-Package with 50+ items...

By the time I have found the Item I want to improve, i already forgot which item I wanted to dismantle (even harder if there are 2 items with slightly different values)

I would suggest some kind of forging-chest... So there is a Button for every item saying something like "dismiss" which puts in this chest so that you can build a pool of items you want/can to dismantle. When you hit the forging-button on the item you want to improve you'll be shown ONLY the items within this forging-chest for dismantling.

This would be a major improvment in forging and makes it less frustrating, I think.

What do you think of such an idea?

Greetings

Exactly like Dragon Age. All the useless stuffs in a bags. You can sell all items in it in one click. In OR you put all items you want sacrifice for forge. By example you have a cape of 2,745 Leadership with fire resist, a cape of 2,756 with Poison Resist, a cape of 2,758 with Lightning Resist and others are 1,800,1,900 or 2,300 just good for forge so you keep the cape at 2,700 and others you selection them and click send to Forge Chest

the Forge Chest to bring fun in the game. Should start at 50 spaces. Like Hero space cost 5 gems for +1 space. So you must spend gems to grow the space

Hi everyone, 

Sorry I haven't had time to reply to the more recent comments - I will get round to them. For now, I just have enough of a break in my schedule to leave you a few WIP screenshots. Please bear in mind that they are WIP and do not represent the final product. This also applies to the stat numbers. Enjoy.

3StarSilver.jpg

3-Star Silver Refined Item

Silver to Gold forge.jpg

Refining an item to Gold Refinement.

Unique Perks.jpg

Refining a Unique Item.

18 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Looks neat. Do you intend to be able to influence the ? perks on the forged item by choosing which item you dismantle?

They will be directly decided by the item you dismantle. They will be:

• The Perk on the item you dismantle (if it's a stronger Perk which has already been Forged, the strength will also be influenced). As long as the Perk is not already on the item.
  • If there is more than one Perk, it is a random one of the two.
  • If all Perks are already on the item, it will be a random one which could be rolled on the item you're dismantling (so if it's a Cape, a random Cape Perk).
  • If this is still not possible, it will be a random Perk.

For example:

• Picture 2 will definitely be the Health Perk (attack is the main stat, not a Perk on this item).
  • Picture 3, the Unique would get both Ice and Poison Resistance, as it already has the Physical Resistance, and the Health is the main stat of the boots, not a Perk.

17 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

They will be directly decided by the item you dismantle. They will be:

• The Perk on the item you dismantle (if it's a stronger Perk which has already been Forged, the strength will also be influenced). As long as the Perk is not already on the item.
  • If there is more than one Perk, it is a random one of the two.
  • If all Perks are already on the item, it will be a random one which could be rolled on the item you're dismantling (so if it's a Cape, a random Cape Perk).
  • If this is still not possible, it will be a random Perk.

For example:

• Picture 2 will definitely be the Health Perk (attack is the main stat, not a Perk on this item).
  • Picture 3, the Unique would get both Ice and Poison Resistance, as it already has the Physical Resistance, and the Health is the main stat of the boots, not a Perk.

Very very cool, thanks a lot for these!!

Just a clarifying question: Will this update allow for previously forged items to be included when forging new items? I currently have many items (Godlike and Titan) that I can’t use in forging with newly acquired items. I also have some 5-Star items that I would like to forge to the custom character-specific Titan items and I cannot do that now. (I can’t even sell them, which would be an alternative - as of now, they are taking up a slot)...

Will there still be a way to forge unique items without refining them?   Like in the example above splitting Perseus’s reflect chance would be a mistake as it’ll be near impossible to add reflect to other items.. perhaps making the unique trait a more dominant trait than the newer ones.  Maybe 100% 70% 30%. Or 100% 50% 25% 25%

also if you can forge them normally will you be able to forge them normally once they are refined.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:21 AM, Tomaxo said:

So not only we will have 3-Perks Items but we will be able to forge 4-Perks Items?! ??

Scary thought, yep I know four perks instead of three.

@CaptainMorgan I have only one humble request for you please reduce the cost of forging and especially 8,9and 10 skull odyseey adventures.

They literary are draining me and please also make unique items an end game item far better than a 5 star titan item.Otherwise they won't live up to thier name and hype.

Right now I am only collecting them to unlock new colorsets for heroes.

Edited by HOLYDIVINE

@CaptainMorgan Can we get a detailed explanation of forging unique items in future 4.1.0 version? Currently,it's better to forge those items on every 5-10 ascensions levels,so I have plenty uniques to forge and we need to know is it better to forge it before new version and forging system?

@CaptainMorgan will the actual mechanics for forging be improved over the current crippled version? Like if it used to be a +1 on forge and it’s currently -1, will the math be more favorable to the player in the new version so you can actually boost gear through forging?

If not, what’s the freakin’ point

@CaptainMorgan would you please just listen to the people that play this game? PLEASE JUST LISTENING!! Your new update that was to make forging better is even worse. You have lowered the % of increase per forge even lower. We don’t want this refine add-on, we want you to increase the % increase per forge.