FlareGames
Lisa

4.0 Conquest - Feedback and Suggestion List

It should not take 2 alliances,  The conquest as well as the wars should be matched with like teams.

Which was the big point and push for change from many alliances in the first place.

Now you get this new mode with same problem. Plus a load of new problems. And a time sucking gem vortex.

Really overall very disappointing

Edited by Kuska
Cannot use any descriptive words apparantly

6 hours ago, Kuska said:

It should not take 2 alliances,  The conquest as well as the wars should be matched with like teams.

Which was the big point and push for change from many alliances in the first place.

Now you get this new mode with same problem. Plus a load of new problems. And a time sucking gem vortex.

Really overall very disappointing

I think you will get there as they had to guessimate the  levels some allies are big yet don't fight much so its a hard thing to get right.

I would look at the next one and then you will have a better idea of the strength of teams faced. THen you can decide which level you are happy to compete at.

Annoying till you get there but I think as in ninja you can choose to stay at a level your alliance is ok with. whether that's size or just amount of people willing to participate.

I honestly think most will not play as much second time as its just too much time... so its hard to say. If you are really annoyed just drop 2 lvls by not building much and then decide how you want to play it?

Teams matching and mayby tiers granulation are things that can be solved/changed in some way. But time manners / time zone difference is the most painfull issue. I'am very curious about if next week changes will do something about it.

On 8/14/2018 at 4:39 AM, Vinnypooh said:

We have some strong 4k players, strong donors,. But they don't know English.  Till now game was clear. They could contribute fully while being completely silent.   Now they were total liability.  We could not communicate with them.   They did what they thought was right.  U cannot kick a silent, strong, member after 1 year loyalty due to this event.  So now we cannot go for diversity in the alliance??

Good point! This was also an issue in my alliance. We even had to kick one player because he did not understand us and kept attacking an allliance we had a nonagression pact with. It was sad, because he was quite a good fighter.

And this is closely linked to an other weak spot of the game design that has been annoying me for a loooooong time because it is so very basic: Even though you can specify languages in your alliance profile this does not help much because players doing an alliance search cannot FILTER for language. That's why it happens all the time that players who don't understand a word of English or German (typically from Vietnam) join our alliance allthough we have specified theses languages. :(

On 8/17/2018 at 4:45 AM, TetrisL said:

had to kick one player because he did not understand us... It was sad, because he was quite a good fighter.

And this is closely linked to an other weak spot of the game design that has been annoying me for a loooooong time because it is so very basic: Even though you can specify languages in your alliance profile this does not help much because players doing an alliance search cannot FILTER for language. That's why it happens all the time that players who don't understand a word of English or German (typically from Vietnam) join our alliance allthough we have specified theses languages. :(

I agree.  The communication tools of the game are a huge hindrance. 

We also had strong, trusted players who looked weak in Conquest.   Their willingness to show up once per day works for war season but was unable to help in Conquest.

There was a huge advantage for a single powerful player to attack mid-level and low players. 

Unlike war season when he whole alliance goes into the wars,  only this one person can be attacked.  It is like he shielded the entire alliance except the most powerful player.   So this means:

• You may have 5 total battles in the war, but you can only use 3 against a single opponent.
  • Only one battle counts fully, so the other 2 are just bonus points at best.
  • If the attacker is too high above defending alliance members,  no one can score any skull points, no matter how many join the war.  Eventually people stop trying.  At least in war season, a lower player can contribute by fighting another lower player.

There were actually 2 times that a lower player joined his general in attacking and actually lost the war for their alliance.  Since we could finally score something, we managed to get supreme (instant) victories when we were sure to lose at the end the end of the 24 hours.

Edited by SlippedCognitive

Speaking for leaders and generals,  we need more tools to help manage the alliance. 

In a war season, the "Rewards" screen gives me very crude information on who tried and who did not. (I wish I did not have to remember to look at it before it disappears at the end of the season.)  Conquest gave me nothing.  

The regular game shows me crude information on how much members have donated. I cannot tell who donated Conquest resources.  

I cannot tell who moved around once per day or more.

If a war ends before I get back online, I get no information about it.  During war season the message lets me see who scored how many points. I know who contributed and who lost lots of points.

I wonder how the balancing helps to get rid of towers in gate area. Instead of less towers in gate area, it seems to get only worse. Are there any plans to get rid of those or make it less attractive to keep them there? Players are lazy and keep placing more and more towers there. We face even players with just 6 strong towers, rest even no attention is given to.

One way to get rid of them, is easy. During war season, give 5 skulls extra per gate area tower that is knocked down, when one survives we lose 10-14 skulls, so it would justify giving 5 extra skulls to knock one down. It can still be strategy, but I bet that then those towers then disappear like snow by sunshine. 

3 hours ago, Dena4 said:

I wonder how the balancing helps to get rid of towers in gate area. Instead of less towers in gate area, it seems to get only worse. Are there any plans to get rid of those or make it less attractive to keep them there? Players are lazy and keep placing more and more towers there. We face even players with just 6 strong towers, rest even no attention is given to.

One way to get rid of them, is easy. During war season, give 5 skulls extra per gate area tower that is knocked down, when one survives we lose 10-14 skulls, so it would justify giving 5 extra skulls to knock one down. It can still be strategy, but I bet that then those towers then disappear like snow by sunshine. 

2 problems here, one is the gate is so weak, and all troops target the gate first, that even if you want to target the towers, it's almost impossible as gate has crumbled (which is why a lot of top alliances drop doom gate as soon as possible).

With the re-balance, losing 6 towers on the path doesn't really matter, the remaining towers and troops will still kill the king easily, and if/when King does make it to the gate area, time will be too short to even touch the towers (made even harder by blunt being nerfed so much).

When game was launched originally, gate towers prevailed, and a patch was made to reduce their effect down to 1-2%, and since 1-2% didn't matter in general raiding, it was fine (I wonder if the dev that first implemented RR is still around, or left Flare a long time ago).

Then came war and Ninja, and the 1-2% meant the difference between an alliance winning and losing a fief (or losing Ninja), so all war raids became gate tower raids, and we'd push enemy bases without towers up to 9th place for easy raids.  Now, with the re-balance, they're even less strategically important from doing what they're designed to do (kill the king), but are purely in place to frustrate someone out of 1-2% of their skull count.

It's really sad to see someone like @FTB put his name behind this mess, he was always out for himself, jumping alliances to keep boosts for his videos, but he's experienced these problems (I mean the reason he left VL was when they jumped to a lesser fiefdom Alliance, which was caused by horrible war mechanics in which alliances fought to put other alliances into 4th place, rather than win themselves), and is complicit in making the game worse for everyone.

We're haemorrhaging players at the moment, and very few who left miss the game as it currently is, and I wouldn't be advising anyone to start the game at this point when there are alternatives out there which are much more player friendly (even OR seems to have got the good devs on it, even though it's a much less played game).

The gate indeed is weak, but when people made paths close to gate to destroy it even before reaching gate area, they were able to not let ranged troops target the gate, in fact those troops ignore the gate. So if they could do that, they can also program it in such a way, that troops first target towers on gate area and when those are destroyed, only then target the gate.

It's just abnormal, all those snake towers and basilisks near the gate, with only intention to prevent 100% scores. Design your base in such a way that sonic is a bad choice for rest of the raid and place towers near the gate. 

My best suggestion is that they should stop the timer as soon as everything on gate area is down. So make it not the objective to destroy the gate, but everything on gate area. Then at least those players with paper bases where players arrive with plenty of time left, are not rewarded for just placing towers near the gate.

In our seasons winning by 99% is enough. Still not fun that with plenty of time remaining we score 13 skulls per raid lower, just because it seems to be a sport lately to put at least 4 towers near the gate.

Edited by Dena4

5 hours ago, neilr81 said:

That's why it should be no towers placed in gate area, much simpler solution, and prevents future exploits.

That is indeed the best, but won't happen, since game makers hope we scroll, isn't it keenflare? 

On 8/7/2018 at 7:19 AM, Lisa said:

Hey, thanks for the suggestions so far, we will discuss them with the team. :)

(Btw: there is no need to tag us in nearly every post because we're looking into the threads whenever someone answers)

We are the team here..we said to fix it so jump on it..take away cooldown or even 4.0 it sucks bad..people are dropping from the game..& 6 hours for videos really.?. Whos on drugs.?. This game WAS fun..not anymore..

Edited by Killswitch
F u

ignored.JPG

@flare: feel free to take this pic and place it in every thread so we know, when you have finished ignoring us and can move to another topic.

Edited by orko

Les Français alliance have mostly been enjoying the conquest a lot. It was fun even if we all think it needs us to be connected way too much to the game, particularly leader and generals  

First conquest took place in Summer holiday period, it will be very different for us next time. 

We definitely need tools to give clear and up to date instructions to the team, meaning instructions we could post but also remove. 

It would be very useful to see easily which players are connected when you pick a tile. With a light on or off before their name for instance. 

We also need to be able to find quickly a player on the map and see his troops, cooldown and energy.

It’s not easy to check quickly when workers will be available. A button only highlighting towers with time left to end of construction would be practical.

Already said and taken into account the rewards are insufficient. 

Finally it would be nice to have a visible sign that we won conquest, as it exists for wars. First because we are proud of it but also because when you are about to attack a player it is good to anticipate the boosts he can have.

Thanks.