FlareGames
Shubham92

Why does the video have a 6-hour session?

If the countdown starts AFTER you have watched the ad then it's fine, cause all the boosts except farms are more than 6 hours. However, if the countdown starts after the boost is finished, this would be the biggest cash-grab update I've ever seen

19 minutes ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

If the countdown starts AFTER you have watched the ad then it's fine, cause all the boosts except farms are more than 6 hours. However, if the countdown starts after the boost is finished, this would be the biggest cash-grab update I've ever seen

It was after watching just one video

Free ads applicable on all upgrades, 4x taverns, 4x farms(4h), Blacksmith(8h) and free legendary chests(4h)

How could we adjust all that in just 4 ads/day

Edited by Shubham92

21 minutes ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

You're not understanding the problem here.

The 6hour cooldown doesn't start for that specific "thing", but is a global cool down instead!

Once you see a video, you have to wait 6 hours to see ANY other advertisement!

Only for Windows players guys. Those running the game on iOS and or Android devices can speed ahead as usual.

But hey RR2 and windows users..... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo difficult yeah yeah right Flaregames?

2 hours ago, Shubham92 said:

I was shocked to see this. Cooldown after watching just one free ad video to boost. What the hell flare? 

Screenshot_20180801-161924__01.jpg

HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....SO FLARY!!!

Imagine the pain during the blacksmith event....

Look at the loading screen, both heroes look much more greedy than before...

Remove this BS asap... (BS does NOT stay for BlackSmith)...

1 minute ago, CaptainRoyalRevolt said:

Only for Windows players guys. Those running the game on iOS and or Android devices can speed ahead as usual.

But hey RR2 and windows users..... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo difficult yeah yeah right Flaregames?

That's not my case...

I also have the issue on Android, which makes me believe this isn't a bug, but an intended "feature" on Flares end.

1 minute ago, ShadowsGuardian said:

That's not my case...

I also have the issue on Android, which makes me believe this isn't a bug, but an intended "feature" on Flares end.

Does it remain in different platforms? I mean, if you see the cooldown on windows, does it remain in android/ios sessions and viceversa?

Just now, NotYourBusiness said:

Does it remain in different platforms? I mean, if you see the cooldown on windows, does it remain in android/ios sessions and viceversa?

That should be the case.

This logic should be the same on all devices, it's he same code after all

2 minutes ago, thomas239 said:

We'll have to wait for the explanation from @PaSte

AHAHAHA

They just admitted it's a feature!

"that's something different"...

Jesus Christ...

People are gonna start leaving this game like birds flying away.....

5 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:

I am much more curious to read the justifications of Cromka...something like "nobd jives you anithg for FrEE"...

He is a billionaire with a lot of time to spare. He doesn't care about us hard working peasants lol

Edited by Shubham92

It sounds like they are now retrieving data from the provider as to whether the user can view more ads to get the boosts, whereas before people just got "no offers available" after trying to view the video.

So really it's an improvement that people can actually see their offer state, even though it might be seem worse because it's now visible (before it was hidden, and they would think it's a bug that they didn't get the video or reward).

It'll also likely vary per country and per provider availability (so Windows can view less before the ad provider decides not to provide anymore, Americans/Europeans will get more offer availability due to the providers targeting those users more, as they are more profitable per view than users in other parts of the world, etc.)

Then perhaps I have to figure out where I as an user might get the most ads???

I could by switching to various countries (via VPN).

Would this not also imply Flaregames was unaware of this change to the ads-system they "forgot" to mention this in the patch notes? I find this a rather big change to the working of ads however you look at it. Again I would think it odd to say the least that we as users most make this conclusion/finding. It would look to me some folks either neglected this info to be posted in the first place or it was not internally shared with those whom might be in charge of informing us the end users.

Either way: NOT COOL.

Edited by CaptainRoyalRevolt