FlareGames
Shubham92

Why does the video have a 6-hour session?

On 8/1/2018 at 9:38 PM, PaSte said:

To clarify:
There is no Video Ad cooldown as such. If Video Ads are working fine for your platform/area you can still watch an unlimited amount of Video Ads (given that you have video offers).

We changed the Video Ad system, because some of you often ran into issues, where you would watch a Video Ad, but get no rewards for it. With the new system, you should always get your rewards after watching a Video. After you've done so, the rewards will be verified. This process can take up to 6 hours, but the time until you can watch Ads again should usually be much shorter. Keep in mind: The availability of Video Ads is highly dependent on your region.
The reason for us to change this system was to help you have a better experience.

What better  experience  .... Now I've to click  two or three  times to watch even a single video  everytime,  earlier it was,  once click and go. I think  BETTER  EXPERIENCE  is a bug. 

12 hours ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

Yep, fingers crossed. Hope this "technical issue" gets fixed soon. We all need those chests

It is not. It is a limitation to the number of ads per player, they didnt expected it would be so harsh for some players. Im getting this avter every 3 ads, timing doesnt matter at all. 3 ads in a row or watching ads every 5 hours- after 3rd ad im blocked.

Yes @Imyself, had an Alliance member contact me this evening and he is still having a problem.  He is using Android and game version is still 4.0.0.0.  So appears some are still having this problem.

Well, I am using Windows and I can confirm I have the 6h cooldown after every single video boost. What to say, if this is the fix of the previous video error, when the video boost was not working at all, then I should say I highly disappointed to this developer company. 

Needless to say I have never ever been compensated for the previous issue and I am pretty sure you will not compensated for this one. 

The game is more and more unbalanced also. Just consider if you are on ios or android you have opportunity to get 10 gems in every hours by watching videos. Windows users never get the same offers and very much behind the rest of the gamers (except if you spend a fortune for gems - but I guess I already made my last purchase forever) and difference is 100+ gems daily. Consider those guys who do not have this video boost issue can collect more than 1000 gems until Flare fixes the issue - or even more if they do not fix it in few days.

I hate being always on the unlucky side at Flare, time to play with something else...

On 8/8/2018 at 9:00 AM, Lisa said:
On 8/1/2018 at 6:08 PM, PaSte said:

To clarify:
There is no Video Ad cooldown as such. If Video Ads are working fine for your platform/area you can still watch an unlimited amount of Video Ads (given that you have video offers).

We changed the Video Ad system, because some of you often ran into issues, where you would watch a Video Ad, but get no rewards for it. With the new system, you should always get your rewards after watching a Video. After you've done so, the rewards will be verified. This process can take up to 6 hours, but the time until you can watch Ads again should usually be much shorter. Keep in mind: The availability of Video Ads is highly dependent on your region.
The reason for us to change this system was to help you have a better experience.

There are 2 problems or not explained points here, dear @Lisa and dear @PaSte:

1. The cooldown is permanent once you get it. It is not shorter depending on the platform/provider/planet position. You have it or you have not. If you have, it lasts 6 hours without possibility to skip/shorten/remove it in any way/use a different platform (I have a PC Win10, iOS and Android device, cooldown is cross platform).
  2. Why 6 hours? This is a programming decision. It's embedded in your code. Since this was designed by you (Flare), don't you know that e.g. chests are available every 4 hours?

I am facing it today for the second time in 2 weeks, last week it lasted for 2 days. Same behavior: you have a free chest, you click a couple of times, "no available videos" notification, you spam it, you finally see 1 video, BAM, 6 hours cooldown. After 6 hour you see one video BAM, 6 hours cooldown. And with two attempts I have already lost 1 free chest in my daily routine. This is my reality and the reality of many after 4.0 rollout, maybe @Lisa, @PaSte and Flare live in a different dimension with unicorns, pots filled with gold and RR2 happy players about this "better experience" reward system.

Edited by NotYourBusiness

Why so mad about this? It's one of the "improvements" we got with 4.0! Think of it! You don't have to watch silly fish-videos any more! 

</sarcasm>

5 hours ago, NotYourBusiness said:

@Lisa@PaSte

1. The cooldown is permanent once you get it. It is not shorter depending on the platform/provider/planet position. You have it or you have not. If you have, it lasts 6 hours without possibility to skip/shorten/remove it in any way/use a different platform (I have a PC Win10, iOS and Android device, cooldown is cross platform).
  2. Why 6 hours? This is a programming decision. It's embedded in your code. Since this was designed by you (Flare), don't you know that e.g. chests are available every 4 hours? 

I@Lisa@PaSte

Sure! It was designed by flare! Absolutely artificial message about 6 hours! After 1 failed attempt to show ads (earlier I can just repeat attempt after 10-20-30 seconds and it work again)

If I see 6 hour message, I just restart the game, and get ads again!

complete nonsense

Edited by mss73

9 hours ago, mss73 said:

Sure! It was designed by flare! Absolutely artificial message about 6 hours! After 1 failed attempt to show ads (earlier I can just repeat attempt after 10-20-30 seconds and it work again)

If I see 6 hour message, I just restart the game, and get ads again!

complete nonsense

If you do not have the bug stop being an jerk to those who do. Its like saying you do not have cancer therefore cancer does not exist and anyone who claims to have cancer is a liar. Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The 6hr ad cooldown is a legitimate bug that players are experiencing. No amount of restarting, reinstalling, VPN, or changing devices solves it. I have personally reinstalled the game 4 times and tried several VPNS and devices. It is an intentional code that was programmed into the game that is having unintended consequences to some players. I have had the bug for 3 weeks and it is extremely crippling. I can only watch 3 ads a day which I use for the free chest. Which means I cannot speed up construction nor boost my taverns/farms. Not having boosted tavs/farms makes it very difficult to raise 15mil for each upgrade. And when I eventually construct it I have to wait the full 7 days for it to finish. This makes the game unplayable. I have played this game since launch and my king is almost lvl 129 so I have invested a lot of time on RR2 but I have no qualms about quitting if this is not resolved in the next week. The failure of conquest mode makes it an even easier decision to quit.

This is not a threat to flare. I am trying to give them valuable feedback as a concerned player who wants to make the game better. However, quitting is the reality of a game that has gone downhill so much that it is not worth playing anymore and I am hanging by a thread.

12 hours ago, mss73 said:

Sure! It was designed by flare! Absolutely artificial message about 6 hours!

Yes, it is. I don't know if you ever programmed something after "hello world!" but to disable the button, put a timer in the button, grey out the button, disable all of the buttons around the game, THE ACTUAL DURATION OF COOLDOWN, is everything inside RR2 code, no 3rd parties technical problems of any sort, this is intended design by Flare programmers. This is not questionable. It's just the reality. But maybe you are part of the unicorns parallel dimension mentioned above...

Maybe the system is buggy for a (limited?) number of players or platforms and they need time to fix it, I can accept that.

What I cannot accept is idiotic design, which requires only the use of the brain:

1. "If it works, don't fix it" it's a golden rule, I don't see why they did it since we already had a working system, with notification of "not available video". In some area the videos available were limited, and this is a 3rd party problem. But at least the reward system was working fine for everyone;
  2. Why 6 hours!?! Let me try again after 4! Maybe I cannot boost everything but I could still get my chests...And also, why not 5 minutes! Do we really need up to 6 hours to make a second attempt? Maybe the provider will not give me a video before 6 hours, but at least I can always try.

I have and android phone, an iPad iOS tablet and a Win10 PC. First time I got it on the iPad, this time on android. The cooldown is always there, after restarting or switching platforms. I have to wait no matter what I do.

My ads did not have any cooldown untill yesterday, suddenly i see cooldown of 6 hrs for video ads. Why suddenly flare realised that cooldwn needs to be put in. That too ysterday only

@Madlen - First, welcome and thank you for being the new CM.  I know that many times, posts were made that there is no video cooldown by Flare.  Problem is, the verification system created to check for ad completion has become the source of the issue. I have not been able to read through every single post about bugs but has the video "timer" issue been acknowledged as a problem with 4.0?  

As i have posted in other threads, I've had the issue with having no video cooldown, then the video cooldown appears after a few videos, it would last for a day and then disappear.  Back to having no video cooldown, then the video cooldown reappears.

Meanwhile my son on the same WiFi network on the same platform (iOS) would have no issues. Definitely not a location issue nor can you blame the video ad provider as I NEVER had issues with a shortage of videos prior to the release of 4.0.  The only time I would be short of videos is if I ran 10+ videos (boosted farms, taverns, blacksmith, and as many as I could to get +1 free gem) and then there were no more videos to watch.  Not a problem, wait an hour or so and I could watch videos again.

Both yesterday and today (this morning) I was able to run 2 videos before the timer appeared. 

One thing I have tried recently and the merits of this are definitely subject to debate:

On iOS, Swipe the RR2 application closed.  Then proceed to reset the Advertising Identifier on my device. Wait 5 minutes and then launch RR2.  

1. If you already have a current cooldown timer, it will remain in effect.  
  2. Once the timer ends, run a video and let it complete. Reward is given.  Repeat as many times as possible.

This worked for me about 3-4 times over the past week.

More specifically, it worked (need to swipe the application closed)

• Yesterday; Ran 10 videos last night (at 9pm) after I got the cooldown timer 2 different times that same day (at 7am and then at 2pm)
  • Today; 8am - got cooldown timer after watching 2 videos. Reset the Advertising identifier, (around 12pm) and waited for the cooldown timer to end.  And just now, I was able to watch 9 videos to boost remaining Farms and Taverns and get a few gems as well.

Can the developers finally acknowledge that this a by product of changes made in 4.0? Stop blaming this on the video ad providers. If they will not remove the Ad verification process, at least change the time to wait from 6 hours to 1 mins or 5 mins?

13 hours ago, mss73 said:

On windows 10 PC, restart of game solve it. Several times

This problem is cross platform, once I get the cooldown timer on 1 platform, it's applied to all the other platform (Windows - Android in my case).

I really don't see how restarting my game a few times on Windows 10 would resolve this problem?

48 minutes ago, Stay0Puft said:

This problem is cross platform, once I get the cooldown timer on 1 platform, it's applied to all the other platform (Windows - Android in my case).

I really don't see how restarting my game a few times on Windows 10 would resolve this problem?

I've tried accessing my account on iOS, Android and Windows laptop.  Once the timer is on, the timer stays on.