FlareGames
Shubham92

Why does the video have a 6-hour session?

10 minutes ago, cr1 said:

Which?

Since the update, there are major problems with the touchscreen. Many people have it. I personally often can't run and use scream or spawn troops or use a spell simultaneously, which makes raiding annoying

2 minutes ago, Domikick said:

Since the update, there are major problems with the touchscreen. Many people have it. I personally often can't run and use scream or spawn troops or use a spell simultaneously, which makes raiding annoying

Ok have the same

Enough already, the 6h cooldown happens after each video seen and is synchronized for the account on all my devices :

• Windows 10 PC
  • Windows 10 mobile
  • Android
  • And some reported problem with IOS on iphone and iPad

This is not ads provider cooldown because it is different providers for these platforms !

Some family have multiple players, some have this cool down, the others don't. Can you explain ? same zone, same WiFi

Others game are having trouble with unlimited ads to the point it is often annoying !

Exit this cool down or exit the player and its subscriptions !

Do you understand FlareGames ? This is stressful a not fair for those concerned.

27 minutes ago, Met8ora said:

Enough already, the 6h cooldown happens after each video seen and is synchronized for the account on all my devices :

• Windows 10 PC
  • Windows 10 mobile
  • Android
  • And some reported problem with IOS on iphone and iPad

This is not ads provider cooldown because it is different providers for these platforms !

Some family have multiple players, some have this cool down, the others don't. Can you explain ? same zone, same WiFi

Others game are having trouble with unlimited ads to the point it is often annoying !

Exit this cool down or exit the player and its subscriptions !

Do you understand FlareGames ? This is stressful a not fair for those concerned.

Do you think they care? Windows players from Europe had to wait from May 25 till new release before getting rewards. They simply didn't care. Tips like VPN were only possible solutions for the players. 

I will tell you something more strange. When I watch video at my office, I indeed have 6 hours cool down. When I watch at home at another Windows device, also 6 hours cool down. But when I watch at either office or at home and then 4 hours later log in at the other machine, I just get a video, despite the fact the other device still says around 2 hours cooldown, before new video. 

So it has everything to do with this so called verification process. I never saw anything like this, a verification process needing 6 hours (360 minutes) to wait for a response. Maybe the developer was thinking 6 minutes (360 seconds), but due to a mistake, he made a terrible mistake, which lead to 360 minutes. No time out needs 6 hours. Application pools default stand even default on much lower timeouts. 10-20 minutes is still understandable, but 6 hours? This is just crazy, I have programmed a lot of stuff and never needed a 6 hour timeout. When some response isn't send within 10-20 minutes (that server must be extremely busy!), that server most likely will timeout and never send any response. So why flare is trying to tell us that a 6 hour verification is required is totally nonsense.

To make it even more hard, most responses would follow within a split second, it would be more an exception that a response is send after a long time. and as we can see, it's most times 6 hours waiting (read, timeout) than the opposite. Sorry, but your story makes no sense flare. when 1% of the cases we need to wait for 6 hours, it would be still a story to believe, but since a lot of players on all platforms suffer this 6 hours cool down, I would investigate why there are so many timeouts. Can it be that this verification process deadlocks with other parts of code? That's more likely.

Edited by Dena4

well, my leader said last night that cooldown was finally gone. I tried to watch video without using vpn and see it was true.

For me cooldown was gone, yes, I received the message No videos available at this moment.

after that, I returned to vpn again and... Same message appeared. Thought maybe I should let time pass and have waited till next morning. Result? No videos avalaible even using vpn.

Edited by luismi1

6 hour message disappeared for me today, watched lots of videos and did all my building time boosting as well.

I'm happy for those who have their boosts/ads back up and running.  As of right now several of our Alliance members are reporting they still do not have boosts/ads yet.....

So I have watched maybe 3 ads today and I'm put on a 6h cooldown. Yesterday exactly the same thing happened.

Is this intentional?

The community needs an answer to this question. Thank you for your time.

@Lisa

Hey Maestro, this problem (whether it is intentional by flare or not, I don't know) has already been reported multiple times in the 4.0 Bugs Megathread and also in other topics complaining about this. I totally agree with you, it is utterly ridiculous that this cooldown is in place and that we need answers, but perhaps you could've posted this in the Megathread. The devs probably look at that topic more than any other. ;) 

I still am in agreement with you though, this answer should be answered by a developer

1 hour ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

Hey Maestro, this problem (whether it is intentional by flare or not, I don't know) has already been reported multiple times in the 4.0 Bugs Megathread and also in other topics complaining about this. I totally agree with you, it is utterly ridiculous that this cooldown is in place and that we need answers, but perhaps you could've posted this in the Megathread. The devs probably look at that topic more than any other. ;) 

I still am in agreement with you though, this answer should be answered by a developer

I posted this because it deserves more attention. They can answer this at ANY time. Just yes or no would be sufficient for now. Instead they choose to ignore everyone just like they always do.

This is the same communication problem as always. They make a lot of promises of "better communication" but here you see the result. Nada

To clarify:
There is no Video Ad cooldown as such. If Video Ads are working fine for your platform/area you can still watch an unlimited amount of Video Ads (given that you have video offers).

We changed the Video Ad system, because some of you often ran into issues, where you would watch a Video Ad, but get no rewards for it. With the new system, you should always get your rewards after watching a Video. After you've done so, the rewards will be verified. This process can take up to 6 hours, but the time until you can watch Ads again should usually be much shorter. Keep in mind: The availability of Video Ads is highly dependent on your region.
The reason for us to change this system was to help you have a better experience.

48 minutes ago, Lisa said:
On 8/1/2018 at 6:08 PM, PaSte said:

To clarify:
There is no Video Ad cooldown as such. If Video Ads are working fine for your platform/area you can still watch an unlimited amount of Video Ads (given that you have video offers).

We changed the Video Ad system, because some of you often ran into issues, where you would watch a Video Ad, but get no rewards for it. With the new system, you should always get your rewards after watching a Video. After you've done so, the rewards will be verified. This process can take up to 6 hours, but the time until you can watch Ads again should usually be much shorter. Keep in mind: The availability of Video Ads is highly dependent on your region.
The reason for us to change this system was to help you have a better experience.

Please explain to me what this better experience is in following scenario:

On Android I was able to watch "unlimited" video's before update 4.0.
Once the update was released, watching 1 video gives me a 6 hour cooldown.

Just watched 1 video (first one of the day even) and got put on 6 hours cooldown.

I barely EVER had problems of not getting ad rewards and now I have to wait 6 hours after each ad before I can watch another one.

Screenshot_2018-08-08-13-24-08.png

Edited by Maestro
added screenshot

Since 25 may i dont have video ads. at that time FG said the bug would be fixed on ver 4. i have now 1 video every 6 hours. there are plenty image posted showing cooldown, it is better than before but the bug still exist. so stop mocking on us by saying "There is no Video Ad cooldown as such"

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

Just watched 1 video (first one of the day even) and got put on 6 hours cooldown.

I barely EVER had problems of not getting ad rewards and now I have to wait 6 hours after each ad before I can watch another one.

3 hours later still the same.

Screenshot_2018-08-08-16-19-36.png

9 hours ago, Lisa said:
On 8/1/2018 at 6:08 PM, PaSte said:

This process can take up to 6 hours, but the time until you can watch Ads again should usually be much shorter.

It's not much shorter. It is taking 6 hours before I can watch another ad. After I watch the next ad I will most likely have to wait 6 hours again.

As you know many, many others are having this problem too.

@Lisa@PaSte

Screenshot_2018-08-08-18-30-25.png

Edited by Maestro
added screenshot