FlareGames
Shorsty

Celstial Phoebe Is Over Powered

Phoebe is among the better beasts higher up, ofc because it has self-healing and long-range damage, and I believe only Howl apart from it is popularly used.
Clearly, employing Phoebe as the beast increases the chances of the raider making a mistake or in trying to avoid self-heal end up getting killed by something else and if it survives, 1 arma is enough to annihilate the whole army built up until then, and things start getting difficult where Phoebe is regenerating, and army is vanishing. Sure, it could be killed by a mega-archer, but then I'd take the risk if it earns me gems often and it's far superior compared to its peers.
It is manageable, but often need to be careful about not triggering a werewolf around. It's easy to say that Phoebe dies in few seconds to archers, but I know lower down the levels (below 2k-3k trophies), Phoebe is a tough nut to crack because without elite boosts, units honestly don't stand a chance, and the hero cannot dance around. The suggested nerf to level 1 and 2 was ok to be very honest, given the fact incremental gains in phoebe stats for every level were not high, somewhere I read it was about +4-5k health (dunno if it's true).

20 hours ago, Warriornator said:

Hell no. a mid level with Sultan level 3 just cast his special and Phoebe is dead. Maybe before the guardians but not anymore. Will make Phoebe useless and every Phoebe owner will be mad at you to have suggested this if Flare apply this. Don't mention a nerf. If people find Phoebe too much hard then its them who must learn to defeat Phoebe. Don't punish all players because some cannot play well

And then you suddenly meet higher level alliances during conquest or war season just like us, face level 3+ phoebes of level 130 heros. When it works at your level, it's perfect Warrior, nothing against that. It's a good tip for lower level players with Sultan level 3. 

Higher phoebe beast however survives that kind of damage, summons heal puddles like crazy to regain full health and kills hero plus troops before you realize what happened, unless you wear heal ring.

We play in tier 2 of conquest and there you face those phoebes that aren't killed easily with Sultan (mine is level 2) or any other common guardian (Gaspar I don't have). Some of our members have also level 3 sultan and that's not working, they report. The low level phoebes are no problem, just push between troops (make sure a wolf howls), shield on right moment and scream. Bye phoebe. 

With higher level phoebe it's different and know what you are doing and recognize situations that are the reason of failure are crucial. Main problem however is not phoebe beast. It's the defense that damages your main pack just before or during the time you face phoebe, that's main cause of failing. It's not ideal to face phoebe when troops in main pack are just barely alive or when a defensive wolf hypers it. Another cause is running forward to get behind phoebe in an attempt to push him into the pack, while a lot of defensive troops or structures are around there that deal a massive blow to hero health. Those are main reasons of failure. And another one can be lack of good boosts.

So basically it's a mistake of your own in many cases. Now we have better options due to donkey (extra morale) in combination with Janus. Wait till portal is almost open, use donkey to get quickly behind phoebe (Have spells ready to take care of any unforeseen danger like a wolf) and push him towards portal (of course use shield on right moment) and start to summon low morale troops like archers or knights like crazy. Then the job is cleared. But this portal also helps you before phoebes arrival to refresh your pack. I use it to summon wolfs and ogres mainly to create a good solid army, combined with some lower morale troops, which are expendable by Janus it's portal. When you get the signal that phoebe is on it's way, make sure you hold donkey power behind till you face phoebe and then use this strategy. 

Refill main troops you lack through portal and do what is required to avoid them to get damaged. Even a scream to prevent them going forward can be good. 

Edited by Dena4

i think that depend too of the kind of base a player face Phoebe. If you take my base by example. Everyone fail at 30-35% maybe because of Phoebe not sure. I put Monk around and Heal Tower. So same myself I cannot defeat my own Phoebe in my base. So I guess its depend where you fight Phoebe. If at the moment you did you are surrounded by full tower and army its possible its gonna be hard vs if you face Phoebe alone with a different path where your army can attack Phoebe on all side.

So I am tempting to say path layouts,defense tower,level of units,etc... all have a role in Phoebe if she is hard or not. The majority of time I face her alone. I try to fight her alone the most possible if I can

Edited by Warriornator

6 hours ago, thomas239 said:

That's part of the problem: When you always skip Phoebe bases, you don't practice beating it.

Beast stats are scaled with the hero level of the base. Look for bases that have Phoebe, with a hero level 10+ levels below your level. Look for low level alliances, those most likely don't have high level Phoebe beast, nor high level beast boost. Use these bases to practice what was suggested above how to deal with Phoebe. Also avoid bases with boosted Werwolfs, until you're experienced how to kill them first or how to separate Phoebe from them.

I skip Phoebe bases because I don't want to lose a bunch of trophies getting stomped by a low level base that happens to have a disproportionately strong beast.  I get that its not invincible, and people have given me a lot of good tips that I plan to try out, but it is such an outlier at low levels its crazy.  There is no other beast at my level that I have to plan my spells/units/boosts around, and certainly nothing else where I would lose a fight to a player below my level.  

Maybe some day I'll find someone with a Phoebe that I can friend and practice against, but I'm not going to leave my alliance just to practice against it.  The fact that these are the recommendations for dealing with the beast should indicate that it needs some sort of nerf.

Q. How do I deal with a base using an Archimedes beast?
A. Approach beast, cast spells, swing sword.

Q. How do I fight Kaiser?
A. This one is trickier. Approach beast, cast spells, swing sword, move away when Kaiser casts its spell and kill it from range.

Q. How do I deal with a base using Phoebe?
A. Phoebe is easy and not at all overpowered.  All you have to do is leave your alliance, find one with lvl 1 Phoebe so you can practice against it, level archers, forge archers, activate archer boost, use shield, level shield, forge shield for heal, learn to time shield perfectly to not get one shot, don't lose much of your army before you meet Phoebe, don't fight it across lanes, don't fight it near towers or enemy units, push Phoebe while you fight so it doesn't instantly heal to full.

27 minutes ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

Frosty Fritz is much harder to defeat than Phoebe. I have never successfully beaten Fritz. Of course, I've only seen him 3 or 4 times, but he is deadly

I agree. especially in the ninja event. he is good at 3+ lvl

when phoebe level 3 dies in 2 seconds

i think after the last changes phoebe still like a pro beast

… eris, janus & ceres beasts are to weak compared to non pro beasts.

phoebe can all time beaten with tactics … but do not forget phoebe is still strong 😉

19 hours ago, Entropy42 said:

Q. How do I fight Kaiser?

A. This one is trickier. Approach beast, cast spells, swing sword, move away when Kaiser casts its spell and kill it from range.

Q. How do I deal with a base using Phoebe?
A. Phoebe is easy and not at all overpowered.  All you have to do is leave your alliance, find one with lvl 1 Phoebe so you can practice against it, level archers, forge archers, activate archer boost, use shield, level shield, forge shield for heal, learn to time shield perfectly to not get one shot, don't lose much of your army before you meet Phoebe, don't fight it across lanes, don't fight it near towers or enemy units, push Phoebe while you fight so it doesn't instantly heal to full.

Remember what I said about the Shield and Phoebe? Do the same against Kaiser.

Kaiser is the most useless and worst beast of all because a simple Shield or Heal spell 100% nulifies the Kaiser beast special attack. It deals 0 damage like that and then it dies pretty fast.

2 hours ago, ARREBIMBA said:

Remember what I said about the Shield and Phoebe? Do the same against Kaiser.

Kaiser is the most useless and worst beast of all because a simple Shield or Heal spell 100% nulifies the Kaiser beast special attack. It deals 0 damage like that and then it dies pretty fast.

I'm researching my shield as fast as I can. :-)  Nothing about the spell description would make me think it could nullify Kaiser or Phoebe's attacks, so I'm very interested to see it in action.

My shield spell is max upgraded and heavily forged, and I've got Sultan at level 2. Neither are a magic bullet against Phoebe. My best strategy is to make a mad dash for the gate when I see Phoebe coming. Sometimes I can kill her quickly, other times I have no chance of winning. I suspect it has to do with Phoebe's level, which I don't think I can see.

On 1/10/2019 at 5:20 AM, Dena4 said:

So basically it's a mistake of your own in many cases. Now we have better options due to donkey (extra morale) in combination with Janus. Wait till portal is almost open, use donkey to get quickly behind phoebe (Have spells ready to take care of any unforeseen danger like a wolf) and push him towards portal (of course use shield on right moment) and start to summon low morale troops like archers or knights like crazy. Then the job is cleared.

People in 800 trophy range don’t have janus, let alone the gear...  but they also fight phoebe

I see the same pattern in every single thread, RR2 is 3 different games:

1. The Beginning 

2. The Middle

3. The End

You’re not a problem Dena, proactive and helpful but...

Players waste their time sharing experiences/complaints here, because some 5,000 trophy player with max’d out gear gets to post videos and talk about what a chump phoebe is... So the new player just leave and go find a different game. 

The middle is losing flavor. Why pay to eat cardboard??  Clans without Phoebe are dropping players like dominoes while people hunt for Phoebe clans now? And why? Because Phoebe is such a chump, don’t you know! what a joke.... Even all top players still have phoebe in defense... The End is all Phoebe  and The Middle is all Phoebe. And The Beginning is getting there...

I had a solution to boost phoebe! But remove it from the beginning and get perceived as a complainer from moneybags who can’t read....

Any game where The End is wreaking havoc on The Beginning, is a poor game and deserves to lose population and revenue...

I personally kill more Phoebes than not. Some Phoebe’s I just don’t have the gear to contend with... But have a low level clan and speak for Beginning players here. Plus... looking at the amount of Phoebes in mid-ranged gameplay (constant...) can’t be perceived by me as anything other than a mediocre experience. Who wouldn’t like to experience variations in beast defenses and adjustments to gameplay? Right now I’ve no choice but to formulate my attacks around Phoebe. Their troops and towers are irrelevant at mid-range gameplay. And apparently beasts are meaningless in the end... regardless of guardians 

Edited by shoop