FlareGames
Madlen

feedback wanted Archimedes Pal & Offense Beast Buff

Hi there,

We are thinking about buffing Archimedes Pal & Offense Beast:

• Increased attack rate of the Stun spell 50%.
  • Furthermore, we think about adding a Start Morale perk to the Archimedes Pal. I.e. +50% Start Morale on Level 1.

What's your take on this? Any further ideas?

Let us know in the comments below.

Thank you!

Having a Start Morale perk would be really cool, but I like @orko's idea as well. The Stun spell has the ability to have Blunt Damage forged on. Having some of that added to Archimedes would be great as well. Right now, Arch isn't terrible, but he's not anywhere near a pal that I would ever use, so he definitely needs some sort of buff! Thanks for the info Madlen

I would like to have

1. its stun more ranged and additional blunt damage.

2. most importantly I think it will be much better if special ability of archimedes stuns the enemies as usual but also have chance to just cancel the effect of Howl on  Enemy troops, but not every troop, there must be a chance (like Aki has of confusuon which not confuses every troop) and also (not stun them).

3. This one is also need to be done that as a flying pal, Archimedes should be able to damage lightining, and firebolt towers with its normal attack.

That could make her very useful pal.

Edited by InfinitYash

I think the start morale buff would've been a better solution to the Janus issue or even pro pals in general, Archimedes is not a troop pal like Janus but a pierce/stun pal similar to Eris.

Looking more closely at the blunt idea option to differentiate Eris and Archimedes damage types (lightning/pierce vs blunt/pierce) I do think is a better investment, helps fill that more general role though I do get the idea of having a wise owl, but I do relate start morale closer to a pro stat in general thanks to iconic items like the Omega helmet. Just my two cents.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:23 AM, Lee8006 said:

Mean stun spell cooldown will decrease from 10 sec to 5 sec?

That would be OP. (it's actually about ~12s to 6s).

I'm guessing it's refering to Archimede's own stun, not the king's stun spell.

Edited by ARREBIMBA

Hi guys, we are playing around with the following stats for Archimedes Pal. What do you think?

Archimedes Pal:

• Increased attack range of normal attack to 2.2 (for now). This enables it to attack Firebolt and Lightning towers as well as over path borders.
  • In addition, we added a decent amount of blunt damage to its stun spell. Like the pearl upgraded stun spell, the idea here is to increase its effectiveness against towers. We are currently testing ~1k-3k added blunt damage depending on the level, but these blunt damage numbers are not final. What do you think of this approach?

Looking forward to your opinions. (As known, nothing of this is final or confirmed yet).

mG8klaJo.png

I think incresed attack range would be enough for the balancing if the duration is enough,, i.e.10 sec for the effect and 5 sec cooldown (Wow!!)

No need to have damage. ?

My hero can go to destroy,,,

Edited by OneKorea

Well @Madlen I was thinking that its a good step team has taken and I think that blunt damage of archimedies should be effective against troops and especially towers.

But it would be more awesome if the stun spell of archimedies should also cancels the effect of Howl on enemy troops(if present). But not all troops, just a chance that affects some troops according to chance percentage. Lile Aki has for confusion.

I think that'd be a great step. Maybe lower the damage down a bit to only 1k or so (3k seems like a bit much), since the stun will allow other troops and the king to attack it without getting hit, but other than that it sounds great!! The range upgrade would be very nice! Hope you guys can make all that stuff happen

Enough attack range to reach Firebolt and Lightning towers is a basic thing that all pals should have.

My problem with Archimedes is the same with Eris, it's just not a very useful pal against the meta

Again, mainly a problem with immunities. Defenses are now full of Gargoyle and Snake towers, and Archimedes doesn't really help against any of them because they just keep spawning enemies even when stunned.

BTW is the attack rate of the Stun spell still gonna be increased by 50%? That's one thing that sounds really interesting

I think considering the current dynamics including damage is appropiate, because is a different gameplay in comparison of others support pets (not damage makers, but heal, buff and shield casters), stun alone doesn't damage or buff and can be interrupted.

- The zombies still can bite

- The spawning towers (toxic and gargoyles) will keep spawning.

- The stun can be interrupted by the wolf's howl.

Edited by floritaka

Thanks everyone for the feedback. We appreciate it.

On 11/14/2018 at 2:41 AM, floritaka said:

- The spawning towers (toxic and gargoyles) will keep spawning.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:12 AM, Darkerion said:

Defenses are now full of Gargoyle and Snake towers, and Archimedes doesn't really help against any of them because they just keep spawning enemies even when stunned.

We agree that this does not make a lot of sense. We will look into it and most likely make a change for the new version, which will not only affect Archimedes, but every stun source in the game. The stun spell, the stun perk on the Swordrain as well as the Stun Chance perk will also prevent those towers from spawning units.

Thanks for pointing this out! 💟

With upcoming patch 4.4 Archimedes’ pal ability will be improved. In addition to the stun, its spell will deal blunt damage as well.

With regards to this thread:

We decided to not increase the above-mentioned stun duration of only 0,1 sec on high levels because of the following reasons:
1.) The Archimedes Pal Power perk will also increase the newly added blunt damage of Archimedes’ stun spell. One perk will upgrade both effects of the spell. 
2.) 7.5 seconds on a lvl8 Archimedes is enough already to keep obstacles and units in a stun lock. Adding 0,1s or 0,5s will not make a difference while stationary with Archimedes, it will only slightly increase the stun duration on targets that are hit once.

44 minutes ago, Madlen said:

With upcoming patch 4.4 Archimedes’ pal ability will be improved. In addition to the stun, its spell will deal blunt damage as well.

We decided to not increase the above-mentioned stun duration of only 0,1 sec on high levels because of the following reasons:
1.) The Archimedes Pal Power perk will also increase the newly added blunt damage of Archimedes’ stun spell. One perk will upgrade both effects of the spell. 
2.) 7.5 seconds on a lvl8 Archimedes is enough already to keep obstacles and units in a stun lock. Adding 0,1s or 0,5s will not make a difference while stationary with Archimedes, it will only slightly increase the stun duration on targets that are hit once.

When will we get the patch 4.4 ?

This / next week or later? more changes? :)

I'm excited ...  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Madlen said:

Are gonna increase it on lower levels? Reason "2.)" doesn't really apply to them

1. Will the damage increase be enough to make it worth having and using that item?
(Plot twist, it will add 0.1 blunt damage? :P JK)

2. I was thinking from a more general point of view, not only high levels. So, if adding 0,1s or 0,5s will not make any difference on a high level Archimedes anyway, why not do it? Make the item useful for those with lower level pal that can't stun lock enemies yet, for them 0,1s and 0,5s means the item is either useless or it adds 1 extra level, so it makes a big difference

BTW, the ideas on the first post of this topic are still happening? Specifically, is this still gonna happen: "Increased attack rate of the Stun spell 50%"?

6 hours ago, Madlen said:

How often does Archimedes cast it's stun?

Are we talking every 8-9 seconds ?

On 11/28/2018 at 11:55 AM, Madlen said:

Could this "one perk upgrading more than 1 effect" be a thing for Growl's item too?
Not that it would save Growl from being one of the worst pals, but it's still a nice improvement

I just got this helmet:
1525481928_growlhelmet.thumb.jpg.566b124db8ed8ffb2bbdb331d6e09bc2.jpg

And all it does is increase the range of the ability:
growlstat.jpg.d37870d99a23d9c0cad72d336f4efeb3.jpggrowlitemstat.jpg.66571bd49e37c6b2666114f8f6f73c5b.jpg