Jump to content
FlareGames
Madlen

Q&A Questions January/February

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, NaN said:

devensive mode sometimes helps my hero to survive against a bad killer gatekeeper, so imho it does something to your hero. combined with your observations maybe devensive mode grants (only?) physical resistance to a hero? i hope they answer the questions.

Actually... I had the same feeling, but for the gate.

Generally: could be the feeling because of the units around your hero, that die harder so they protect him longer. If solo, then you just need to test it to be sure. I had the same test with my hero, it was with Cyclops. So if I remember well, there was no difference between 2 modes, but this was 2 years ago maybe (it's possible it changed).

My question would be if the "attack" of the hero is affected, which I assume it doesn't since his resilience is not increased (but possible). Because I do notice less "damage" especially in Odysseys on the wall alone hero... when I am in defense mode to cover my own gate from opponent units. It could be that anxious moment, but to be sure I dont fail and waste 25k wisdom, I put offense mode almost the full time... especially with low damage heroes, unless I have a problem with my own gate.

So with your comment, maybe its specifically for GK/Gate?

@Marinien ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually in defensive mode everything get reduced.. attack speed, damage, spell damage etc.. it would be good knowing the % of everything in attack and defense mode..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Actually in defensive mode everything get reduced.. attack speed, damage, spell damage etc.. it would be good knowing the % of everything in attack and defense mode..

Yes I know, but I am talking about the Hero, I tend to agree with Marinien because of my own tests. But that was for defense on defense mode. However attack of hero, might be a different issue. Or vs GK/Gate.

I have seen some % somewhere on the forum before... let me check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just made several tests, using my Jason. I started the battle with offensive/defensive modes. Here's the observations:

  • Speed is not affected, Jason arrived at the GK at the same moment.
  • He killed the GK at the same speed. In all my tests, offensive or defensive mode, he reached the Gate at the same exact moment.
  • Without power, he destroyed the gate in 16s, both modes.
  • With 1 Talos, he destroyed the gate in 14s,  both modes.

So my own observation is that defensive mode does nothing to the hero. Of course I can't cover all possible cases, but if you think about how things are coded, it'd be strange if there are some complex "if ... else ..." here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've observed spells do more damage to towers while being in attack mode.. hero's attack speed gets decreased in defense mode..as a result of this, he/she doesn't recover health faster... having lower AS you have less chances for demolition to take actions and the rest is a chain effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marinien said:

I've just made several tests, using my Jason. I started the battle with offensive/defensive modes. Here's the observations:

  • Speed is not affected, Jason arrived at the GK at the same moment.
  • He killed the GK at the same speed. In all my tests, offensive or defensive mode, he reached the Gate at the same exact moment.
  • Without power, he destroyed the gate in 16s, both modes.
  • With 1 Talos, he destroyed the gate in 14s,  both modes.

So my own observation is that defensive mode does nothing to the hero. Of course I can't cover all possible cases, but if you think about how things are coded, it'd be strange if there are some complex "if ... else ..." here.

If your test was an empty map with no towers or units, it won’t work. You run normal speed in defense mode when there aren’t units in range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

defensive mode is afective only on units they safer last damage but reduce they speed and atack ! Nothing else defense mode is not affected on hero's speed ,spell and resistance ! That's it 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dumpster said:

If your test was an empty map with no towers or units, it won’t work. You run normal speed in defense mode when there aren’t units in range. 

What you say is true for troops. The hero is under your control, either you fight or you run.

Hey, you can test it with map full of towers and troop waves, no barricade. I did my homework 😛.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can developers add like a macro for each unit so that I can order units to give priority to attacking what first ??

Like for example forcing trapachet to attack buildings not units ?!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why you don't treat ALL players SAME?

Why ONLY ELITE players have ALL war blessings? Almost all other players don't even have a chance to get them. Are only elite players pay you money?

WHY should low/mid level players/alliances SPEND THEIR MONEY on this game? These players are doomed from the start.

Are you AWARE that many players migrate from lower leagues to higher leagues?

Did privleged elite players already won this game?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Archimides said:

.

You can also delete your own comments ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the questions so far. As said, it is planned to answer them by end of February, because we have just opened the thread :) I hope that's fine with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the damage multiplier applied from towers vs hero? For example a fully upgraded lapetos (fire) towers can do 13k fire damage (+ oddessy bonus %) to troops: yet can kill a hero in one hit if the hero (hero well over 400k health) has no fire resistance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Philstar said:

What is the damage multiplier applied from towers vs hero? For example a fully upgraded lapetos (fire) towers can do 13k fire damage (+ oddessy bonus %) to troops: yet can kill a hero in one hit if the hero (hero well over 400k health) has no fire resistance.  

Towers that do splash damage get a multiplier against heroes. Towers that do single-target damage don’t (except blessed Apollo, which get a different hero multiplier). I think it’s 3x but I could be wrong. It’s in a patch note from I wanna say spring ‘17. 

So no splash multiplier is: physical damage from Artemis towers (but not cold damage from orthia), Poseidon towers (blessed and unblessed), Apollo towers. 

Edit: found one of them at least  

 

Edited by dumpster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dumpster there's no way tower vs hero does just x3 - you wouldn't need any resistances.

But as I said above a single wave of fire can kill a hero with 400k+ (actually killed my Herc well over 500k health but he definetly had over 400k health) with no fire resistance, Given a max lvl fire tower + good oddesy bonus will do about 15k fire damage, the multiplier must be x20 or something close to that. 

The image below my Ariadne (with no fire resistance) has just over 300k health and gets hit with 1 wave from a fire tower (10.5k fire damage), she has about 50k health left, so around 250k fire damage> my guess is 20-25 x damage to hero from fire tower. Prob 25

image.png

Edited by Philstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Philstar said:

@dumpster there's no way tower vs hero does just x3 - you wouldn't need any resistances.

But as I said above a single wave of fire can kill a hero with 400k+ (actually killed my Herc well over 500k health but he definetly had over 400k health) with no fire resistance, Given a max lvl fire tower + good oddesy bonus will do about 15k fire damage, the multiplier must be x20 or something close to that. 

The image below my Ariadne (with no fire resistance) has just over 300k health and gets hit with 1 wave from a fire tower (10.5k fire damage), she has about 50k health left, so around 250k fire damage> my guess is 20-25 x damage to hero from fire tower. Prob 25

image.png

Check out that link, it says up to 25x. Well it says 25% but that doesn’t make much sense either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah increased area damage of up to 25%, but from what? I sure different towers have different damage multiplier values vs Heroes.  Fire gets the biggest multiplier, think apollos get the least as they have already big damage numbers. Would be nice to get this info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Philstar said:

Yeah increased area damage of up to 25%, but from what? I sure different towers have different damage multiplier values vs Heroes.  Fire gets the biggest multiplier, think apollos get the least as they have already big damage numbers. Would be nice to get this info.

That patch was made before the Apollo tower blessing was added, so at the time it had no multiplier because they don't do area damage. Normal apollos don't have a multiplier and I think paris towers are only double damage vs. heroes, but their base damage is very high. It's definitely not 20x.

Edit: I guess it was after paris towers were released, but they still work differently from area damage towers. The amount of multiplier isn't in the patch notes, it must be in a forum post somewhere, but those are hard to find.

Edited by dumpster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: what causes Ajax to die almost instantly when you use whirlwind in a densely packed area (also known as exactly where you’d want to use whirlwind)? I’m assuming LoH gets shut off right away, but do resistances also get shut off? Damage reflection? Masteries? It’s like a suicide button and it’s only getting worse as towers do more damage. He can stand in the middle of a death corner and fight fine, but as soon as you hit whirlwind it’s insta-gib. Body parts flying everywhere. It’s a mess.

Edited by dumpster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, Didule said:

Why you don't treat ALL players SAME?

Why ONLY ELITE players have ALL war blessings? Almost all other players don't even have a chance to get them. Are only elite players pay you money?

WHY should low/mid level players/alliances SPEND THEIR MONEY on this game? These players are doomed from the start.

Are you AWARE that many players migrate from lower leagues to higher leagues?

 Did privleged elite players already won this game?

 

 

 

Hey, may I know what is Elite player?

I just play this game for 4 months and reach level 105, really hard to win trophy from 50% players.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, QQQBBBRRR said:

Hey, may I know what is Elite player?

I just play this game for 4 months and reach level 105, really hard to win trophy from 50% players.....

 

It's hard to say, everyone has a different meaning to it. Here are a few examples:

My version: Players that are really good in at least one category, or pretty good on average on everything (war strategy, forging, attack, defense, planning, setups, gem management)

Other versions:

1) Top players, in the top leagues (maybe the first 4-6 ranked alliances)
2) Top players, all in titan leagues, regardless of level/trophies
3) Top ranked players. Some say top20, others say top100, others can say top1000
4) Top player in respect to his level or trophy count. I had a few guys in my alliance, low trophy, lower level, competing against maxed out defenses, and doing a better job than 80% of the alliance. I consider them elite, it falls also in my version of elite.

Edited by Archimides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk how you keep trophies system like this , broken gate and keeper and 90% and +0 - leave it +1 or +2 trophies what I will do with em and I can't even get em tho I got maxed forged hero

In +140 lvl there is no balance between the maxed barricades and hero physical damage , I tried doing it by Heracles (24k damage) and maxed barricad , I saw its very low amount of damage xD , at +135 lvl all players have maxed barricades , 7k damage for Helen or Ariande what to to do with em (you can't always get frost bite or demolition chance for such heroes) . plz take a view on the topic and see if I were right , i see many don't mention like these topics so I say I am noob in attacking 

Screenshot_2019-02-13-13-44-06.png

 

Edited by waduhek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, waduhek said:

Idk how you keep trophies system like this , broken gate and keeper and 90% and +0 - leave it +1 or +2 trophies what I will do with em and I can't even get em tho I got maxed forged hero

In +140 lvl there is no balance between the maxed barricades and hero physical damage , I tried doing it by Heracles (24k damage) and maxed barricad , I saw its very low amount of damage xD , at +135 lvl all players have maxed barricades , 7k damage for Helen or Ariande what to to do with em (you can't always get frost bite or demolition chance for such heroes) . plz take a view on the topic and see if I were right , i see many don't mention like these topics so I say I am noob in attacking 

Screenshot_2019-02-13-13-44-06.png

 

Can you show us your setup on Helen ? @waduhek

Edited by Archimides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×