FlareGames
Madlen

[Feedback thread for] - New Event Cycle//New Festival Content//Dungeon exploit

i see another problem atm when open levels / new levels are aviable in dugeon this exploit work too, all payers/farmbots can prevent a full raid and stop battle

19 hours ago, AzureKnight said:

@Madlen I've got a question about the new Festival Tokens - will we be able to "keep" them at the end of a Festival Event and have their surplus turned into Gems, like with previous Festival Events and Festival-specific Currency, or are you completely removing that option, limiting the ways to obtain free Gems (no matter how small, it would lead to decrease of Gem sources)?

The tokens will be remaining in the inventory even after the festival ends and can be used when the player wants to. We will disclose more about the way it works in the future. The tokens do not give you gems, that is correct, but the remaining festival currency will still give you gems because you cannot keep festival currency for an upcoming festival.  If you do not spend the currency in the festivals, you basically will get even more gems because there is a monthly festival now. But of course the tokens can be quite useful and the skins just look cool, so spending the festival currency is also not such a bad idea ;)

19 hours ago, AJ420 said:

Like just think if u r a freshman and reached at dunguen xxvii and intentionally dont do it for 3 crowns and re do it fir 2 crowns

This can happen yes, but they will also not get some of the strongest units such as a higher leveled Werewolf and strong rewards in the end game of the Dungeon. One has to consider if it is worth it to stay on the same Dungeon Level forever to win the League or if you actually want to progress by also getting the other rewards?

22 hours ago, LacunaC said:

Those getting 34 medals only per raid are most probably at a trophy range they aren't supposed to be.

Even at mid level, one can already get 500 medals on average without any medal perks via auto match. With medal perks, one can easily get about 750 medals per raid.

Yes, it's lower than what top players get, but those are the advantages top players have by being at the top. The game rewards those who are consistently winning raids and not losing them (that's how you sustain being at the top. Those who get to the top by trophy dump loses top positions when they raid and loses the raids. Alternatively, they can get their trophies via trophy dump and not do any raids to maintain their top position, but this would mean they will never win leagues).

This doesn't mean that you can't win top players. Many top players are lazy raiders. At mid level, you just need to raid more than them to win the league (provided that you are at the proper trophy range and not at a penalty range where you get 34 medals per raid).

To get out of the 34 medals cycle, just keep raiding auto match until you reach a trophy range where you start seeing a growth in medal gain.

auto matching showing your area, right  > but not what can win or not win .... when you are a good pearled player on Level 110 can beat the TOP10

Edited by Jesper

18 hours ago, bensonjutton said:

I wonder who lobbied for this change in starting/ending time for conquest? 🤔🤔 Certainly no european bases teams, cause those will have a big disadvantage now; the end time to start an attack will be at 3:00 (which means in the middle of mondaynight/tuesdaymorning)😳 The last few hours of conquest can be the crucial ones, cause it’s then that all is decided.

3 pm UTC is 15:00 UTC.

So for example for Germany, this will be in Winter 4 pm German time (16:00).

59 minutes ago, Dena4 said:

Yes, I understand Madlen. That was also not my point. I know that we had candy canes, water balls and so on for separate festivals, I enjoyed playing those, never missed one as far as I know.

I only wondered why the vouchers aren't used for this, instead of introducing a completely new currency, the tokens. We already have gems, pearls, vouchers, crystals and now we even get tokens.  

Like I tried to explain, for a lot of us, vouchers are (becoming) obsolete. We did already buy extra worker(s), used tons of them for extra food, plus exchanged them for all possible gem packs. Since everything is maxed, we really don't need an extra worker, refill our treasure room or buy an uber item with them. So only reason why we still collect them is for that uber chest for accepting a new voucher friend. For the rest we only see those vouchers going up. So in fact we don't spend them any longer. 

From our point of view vouchers became more or less obsolete currency. This would be an excellent chance to bring them back to life and make them worth a lot. Of course tokens aren't bad, but vouchers could have been an easy alternative. We could also ask to get alternative rewards for vouchers, but that's off-topic here.  

Okay, then I misunderstood you. Sorry.

Well, I would certainly love to hear if other people feel the same way about vouchers. More feedback, if there are not already, in the suggestions section are more than welcome.

16 minutes ago, Madlen said:

3 pm UTC is 15:00 UTC.

So for example for Germany, this will be in Winter 4 pm German time (16:00).

Exactly. It will end at 3 pm, which means that the last moment to start an attack is 3 am (12h earlier)... which is in the middle of my night. And we all know that the last hours before the end are the most nerf racking...

It might be a good change for Vietnamese, Chinese but certainly not for European based alliances

10 minutes ago, Madlen said:

Okay, then I misunderstood you. Sorry.

Well, I would certainly love to hear if other people feel the same way about vouchers. More feedback, if there are not already, in the suggestions section are more than welcome.

i use once a week the vouchers for extra food ... thats the only use in high LVL ... i think we ask for new voucher rewards before.

1 minute ago, bensonjutton said:

Exactly. It will end at 3 pm, which means that the last moment to start an attack is 3 am (12h earlier)... which is in the middle of my night. And we all know that the last hours before the end are the most nerf racking...

It might be a good change for Vietnamese, Chinese but certainly not for European based alliances

You are right with that then.

This change in time was planned for a long time (even based on other community feedback) once the Conquest runs "stable" to have it aligned with the other events. Since we now changed the overall event cycle it was planned to make this change in alignment with that. It is certainly difficult to find a time that matches the needs of everyone worldwide, I totally understand that and the frustration with it. :(

Unfortunately, We do not have the support to be able to run 3 different Conquests in 3 different time zones.

1 hour ago, Dena4 said:

Yes, I understand Madlen. That was also not my point. I know that we had candy canes, water balls and so on for separate festivals, I enjoyed playing those, never missed one as far as I know.

I only wondered why the vouchers aren't used for this, instead of introducing a completely new currency, the tokens. We already have gems, pearls, vouchers, crystals and now we even get tokens.  

Like I tried to explain, for a lot of us, vouchers are (becoming) obsolete. We did already buy extra worker(s), used tons of them for extra food, plus exchanged them for all possible gem packs. Since everything is maxed, we really don't need an extra worker, refill our treasure room or buy an uber item with them. So only reason why we still collect them is for that uber chest for accepting a new voucher friend. For the rest we only see those vouchers going up. So in fact we don't spend them any longer. 

From our point of view vouchers became more or less obsolete currency. This would be an excellent chance to bring them back to life and make them worth a lot. Of course tokens aren't bad, but vouchers could have been an easy alternative. We could also ask to get alternative rewards for vouchers, but that's off-topic here.  

I've been playing for 2 years and I'm no where near expiring the usefullness of my vouchers. I actually want/need more of them.

Edited by ARREBIMBA

1 hour ago, Madlen said:

We have to agree with what LacuncaC says here. Top player are at the top, but we believe that is also part of the sense of accomplishment a top player should have. They have to battle hard and invest in their base. That's also part of the challenge to make it to the top.

Why isn't that commom sense logic applied to Conquest as well?
The current Conquest matchmaking is broken and unfair to stronger/older players and alliances.

The tiers are there already and should be the only criteria when matching alliances (aka, 100% random matchmaking within each tier). Whoever is best prepared for the challenge will win.

Edited by ARREBIMBA

25 minutes ago, Madlen said:

Unfortunately, We do not have the support to be able to run 3 different Conquests in 3 different time zones.

I understand that. Different time zones is also one of the major flaws in the entire concept of conquest...

Originally, there was a 24h cut-off to start the last attack. Maybe it could be a compromise to change that to 15 or 16h? Then most could be awake when it matters most?

1 hour ago, ARREBIMBA said:

I've been playing for 2 years and I'm no where near expiring the usefullness of my vouchers. I actually want/need more of them.

I entered my friend codes on a site https://www.fcswap.com/game/royal-revolt-2/ when I was offered an uber chest.

A lot of times I got voucher friends and they gave me tons of vouchers. All gem packs I got by this, even an extra worker. It doesn't work always, but worth it. Like I explained, for me not really useful any more. I even not use them often any more, just for bread sometimes, but by activating farms, it's only very rare that I need them.

Edited by Dena4

I hope the number of options increases so that stock slots can be expanded with voucher tickets.

You can enjoy more fashionable if you can increase inventory slots.:P

I'll write my opinion of the changes -

1) I don't mind in fact it is nice, even though I don't find ninja so rewarding, that is going through the tedious process of logging in multiple times, going through same repeat levels for the rewards (kind of boring), but I don't mind it, the breaks from cq  & war would be longer.

2) I love this change, it had been suggested earlier and I am glad this has been implemented :).

3) I guess it is good that FG is eliminating or at least trying to limit exploiters in the game, I have no issues, even though I too used to farm the dungeon because it is a quick win, I can get 1250+ medals under a minute so while going for a record or trying to outpace someone, it was a great way for me rather than attack from matchmaker and 'hope' to be able to beat without scrolls.

2 hours ago, KKStar said:

I'll write my opinion of the changes -

1) I don't mind in fact it is nice, even though I don't find ninja so rewarding, that is going through the tedious process of logging in multiple times, going through same repeat levels for the rewards (kind of boring), but I don't mind it, the breaks from cq  & war would be longer.

2) I love this change, it had been suggested earlier and I am glad this has been implemented :).

3) I guess it is good that FG is eliminating or at least trying to limit exploiters in the game, I have no issues, even though I too used to farm the dungeon because it is a quick win, I can get 1250+ medals under a minute so while going for a record or trying to outpace someone, it was a great way for me rather than attack from matchmaker and 'hope' to be able to beat without scrolls.

May be you will explain where is exploite???????

i still do not understand

I agree with you KK, I am glad to see that Flare is getting rid of cheaters, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's gonna hurt every player in the game that is innocent as well

17 minutes ago, AwesomestKnightest said:

I agree with you KK, I am glad to see that Flare is getting rid of cheaters, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's gonna hurt every player in the game that is innocent as well

Yep, I can get only about 28 medals per 188 bread attack (with ALL pro items on), and I get medals from raiding dungeons. This is going to KILL the leagues, which were already failing and winners getting like 100 medals. There needs to be a new method that lets everyone get the same amount of medals for attacking someone within 100 below and above, no matter what trophey lvl the attacker is.

2 minutes ago, LordFrenchFry said:

There needs to be a new method that lets everyone get the same amount of medals for attacking someone within 100 below and above, no matter what trophey lvl the attacker is.

Either this, or just have fairer matchmaking in the Leagues. Where you only get players that are around your trophy level or hero level, this way the medals per attack are the same or near to each other, to produce the fairest results

If I have to start attacking other players again instead of replaying the dungeons, can you at least fix your facebook portal?

I hate playing on the AP because the screen is so big and the pointer is small & white. It's too easy to loose track of it when things get crazy on the screen.

Facebook gives a much smaller screen and the pointer is black, so it's easier to keep track of it. But for the last couple of months, for some reason, at the start it takes a few seconds for your hero to start moving.

I tried it on IE, Google Chrome, and the worst was the AVG browser where your hero just moved where ever he wanted to instead of where you're telling him to.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you'd fix the facebook glitch or fix the AP so we have the option of playing on a smaller screen, so the pointer is bigger, and/or so the pointer is black (or any other color that stands out better than white).

Thanks

7 hours ago, bensonjutton said:

I understand that. Different time zones is also one of the major flaws in the entire concept of conquest...

Originally, there was a 24h cut-off to start the last attack. Maybe it could be a compromise to change that to 15 or 16h? Then most could be awake when it matters most?

I agree with this . I believe it is imperative to put last attack in the most reasonable time period for as many time zones as possible.

Otherwise you will again have people not getting proper sleep or paying proper attention on a work day. 

On 1/28/2019 at 3:03 PM, TetrisL said:

#1 and #2 sound good. Looking forward to that.

Re #3: The whole medal and league system is flawed as it is. PvE (dungeon, ninja, ...) fights give your way too much medals compared to PvP fights, and in PvP it the medal rewards are not balanced for low, mid and high level players. The system pretty much SCREAMS: "Exploit my flaws!!!!" So, rather than locking dungeons I would have preferred that Flare re-balances the medal rewards and bread costs for PvE vs. PvP so that PvP and PvE players have an equal chance to score well in the league in relation to their level of experience, skill and activity.

This. Lower the huge discrepancy in medals given to PvE and the "exploit" mostly goes away. Also, Flare's solution does nothing to stop someone from farming a two-crown dungeon.

Overall, though, I'm pleased with the changes (and the intent of the Dungeon changes, if not the exact execution).

On 1/29/2019 at 6:58 PM, LacunaC said:

The point is, keep fighting auto match and win consistently, and you'll see a dramatic increase in medals gain per raid, as you'll naturally reach a trophy range where you are supposed to belong.

As a result of this i wont be able to defeat anyone because the system will be showing me people with 4500+ trophies. Ill try this anyway but for now i have to deal with vein of gold XXIX...