FlareGames
KKStar

Trivia n°14 : Greek Mythology & Medieval Times

Hello! 😀 Ready to get moneyed? Well then now is your turn as the trivia is back. ;) As usual a short brief on the rules -

Rewards

10 correct: 500 premium currency
5-9 correct: 250 premium currency
3-4 correct: 100 premium currency
Special Reward: 100 extra premium currency (Something which sets your entry apart from the rest ;))

Deadline

11th April, 2019, Thursday. 6 pm GMT.

Remember to write your exact IGN and the game you play otherwise rewards shall not be given.

Also, no forum user shall post 2 IGNs or make separate entries, rewards shall be given only on the first one. Don't waste our time, neither your time.

Questions

1. Which international event was started by Pope Urban II’s sermon at Clermont in 1095?

2. Which 12th-century historian wrote the first detailed account of King Arthur?
3. Of this group, who is a Titan? – Zeus, Rhea, Hades, Hercules, Gaea.
4. What was the name of the sea serpent that was supposed to devour Andromeda as an offering to save her parents' kingdom?
5. Who defeated Minotaur with bare hands?
6. What are the five underworld rivers?
7. If you cut off its head, two more grow back. Which animal does this describe?
8. When were windmills built in Europe first?
9. In medieval Europe between 4th and 12th century which numeral system was used and which device was used to do calculations?
10. Who selected the then Roman prince, Charles V?

Wishing everyone good luck! :) 

PS - Feel free to clarify any question via a direct message to me.

Regards & Cheers,
KK

IGN: AwesomestKnightest

Game: Royal Revolt 2

1. Pope Urban II started the Crusades

2. Geoffrey of Monmouth wrote the first detailed account of King Arthur in his "History of the King's of Britain" (I love that book btw)

3. Rhea is one of the sister titans. The rest are not titans

4. The kraken!

5. Theseus defeated the minotaur

6. Styx, Lethe, Acheron, Phlegethon, Cocytus

7. This describes the hydra (Hercules killed this beast)

8. Windmills were first build in the 9th century in Europe

9. The Roman numeral system was used to calculate

10. Lol...Rome?

Olympus Rising RyanPlegics

1. Which international event was started by Pope Urban II’s sermon at Clermont in 1095? Pope Urban II's sermon called for the first Crusade.
2. Which 12th-century historian wrote the first detailed account of King Arthur? Geoffrey of Monmouth wrote the first life story of Arthur in his 12th-century "History of the Kings of Britain".
3. Of this group, who is a Titan? – Zeus, Rhea, Hades, Hercules, Gaea. Rhea is the Titan.
4. What was the name of the sea serpent that was supposed to devour Andromeda as an offering to save her parents' kingdom? Cetus was sent to devour Andromeda.
5. Who defeated Minotaur with bare hands? The Minotaur was defeated by Theseus.
6. What are the five underworld rivers? The five rivers of the Greek underworld are Styx, Lethe, Acheron, Phlegethon, and Cocytus.
7. If you cut off its head, two more grow back. Which animal does this describe? The Lernaean Hydra has this attribute.
8. When were windmills built in Europe first? The first European windmills date to the 12th century.
9. In medieval Europe between 4th and 12th century which numeral system was used and which device was used to do calculations? During this period, Roman Numerals were widely used throughout Europe and calculations were performed using an abacus.
10. Who selected the then Roman prince, Charles V? Pope Clement VII crowned Charles V.

Posted (edited)

1.crusade

2.geoffrey of monmouth

3.rhea

4.cetus

5.theseus

6.styx,acheron,cocytus,phlegheton,lethe

7.hydra

8.yorkshire former village of weedley 1185

9.roman numeric system /boethius

10.pope clement VII

ign 2bad4u - royal revolt 2

Edited by blanesprezes
forgot 2 add name of game😁

Game: RR2

IGN: Entropy42

1. The Crusades.
  2. Geoffrey of Monmouth
  3. Rhea
  4. Cetus 
  5. Theseus
  6. Styx, Lethe, Acheron, Phlegethon, Cocytus.
  7. the Hydra (Hail Hydra!)
  8. The 12th century
  9. Roman Numerals.  Abacus
  10. Arguably, Charles V selected himself by bribing the electors to vote for him. But the selection was done by the 7 prince-electors of the Holy Roman Empire.

Posted (edited)

1. The Crusades when he uttered the words “God wills it”

2. Geoffrey of Monmouth in his book History of the kings of Britain 

3. Rhea was a Titan married to Kronos making her the mother of the Olympian god

4. Cetus which was slain by Perseus using Medusa’s head

5. Theseus but he forgot to change his ships sails from black to white making his father Aegeus think he was dead resulting in him casting himself to his death in the sea which was named the Aegean Sea in his memory

6. Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon, Cocytus

7. The Hydra which was slain by Hercules cauterising the neck with fire then using its blood to poison his arrows.

8. They were invented in Persia in 900 AD but the first ones in Europe were in 1185AD in Weedley with the first recorded pictures in 1270AD

9.The Roman numeral system using an abacus.

10. The prince electors. ( I was not sure what position you meant here because he had so many titles but I guessed he was a prince when he was first elected by the prince electors as the holy Roman Emperor)

IGN wych

Last Bread Fighters

Royal Revolt 2

Edited by Wych

Posted (edited)

IGN: Dena4

1. The Crusades 
  2. Geoffrey of Monmouth
  3. Rhea
  4. Cetus
  5. Theseus
  6. Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon and Cocytus  
  7. Hydra 
  8. In the year 1185, in the former village of Weedley in Yorkshire
  9. Roman numeral system and device is the abacus 
  10. There was an imperial election and the prince-electors selected Charles V in 1519. There were 7 of them that elected (and were possibly bribed):
  • Albert of Brandenburg , elector of Mainz
  • Richard von Greiffenklau zu Vollrads, elector of Trier
  • Hermann of Wied, elector of Cologne
  • Louis II of Hungary, king of Bohemia
  • Louis V, Elector Palatine, elector of the Electoral Palatinate
  • Frederick III, Elector of Saxony, elector of Electorate of Saxony
  • Joachim I Nestor, Elector of Brandenburg, elector of Brandenburg

Fun answers

1. The hunger games
  2. Li Toa, a Chinese historian. Marco Polo told him the story. It took centuries to translate the Chinese book and it became the famous story of Arthur.
  3. What group you mean? Those persons never represented a group. Cronus is a titan, who overthrew Uranus, but he isn't part of a group.
  4. That must be the Leviathan
  5. For sure that's Hercules
  6. Yangtze, Amazon, Nile, Mississippi and Yenisei are the largest rivers, I know you mean that, do you?
  7. That must be Cerberus, the dog of Hades
  8. Was there ever a windmill built in Europe? Now you tell me some shocking news.
  9. The binary system and the device was a ligthswitch, on represents 1, off represents 0
  10. Prince Charles of England isn't selected, he is the son of Elizabeth and that's why he doesn't need to be selected.

Wrong trivia answers (Previous trivia and all wrong 😲)

1. Germany.
  2. Karl Heinz Rummenigge (only hattrick in a worldcup final) 
  3. India 1934
  4. Italy - France 
  5. in Bombay, India
  6. South Chinese Football confederation (SCFC)
  7. Iceland 
  8. Brasil (1982-1990),  Germany (1994-2002)
  9. South Africa 2010 
  10. Netherlands 
Edited by Dena4

17 hours ago, KKStar said:

Hello! 😀 Ready to get moneyed? Well then now is your turn as the trivia is back. ;) As usual a short brief on the rules -

Rewards

Special Reward: 100 extra premium currency (Something which sets your entry apart from the rest ;))

Deadline

Remember to write your exact IGN and the game you play otherwise rewards shall not be given.

Also, no forum user shall post 2 IGNs or make separate entries, rewards shall be given only on the first one. Don't waste our time, neither your time.

Questions

1. Which international event was started by Pope Urban II’s sermon at Clermont in 1095?

2. Which 12th-century historian wrote the first detailed account of King Arthur?
4. What was the name of the sea serpent that was supposed to devour Andromeda as an offering to save her parents' kingdom?
7. If you cut off its head, two more grow back. Which animal does this describe?
9. In medieval Europe between 4th and 12th century which numeral system was used and which device was used to do calculations?

Regards & Cheers,
KK

HI KK, Below are my answers:

1. The Crusades

2. Geroffrey of Monmouth

4. Cetus

5. Theseus

6. The five rivers are Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon, and Cocytus. Each of the five rivers had a unique function in how the Underworld worked and was named to reflect an emotion or god associated with death.

7.  Hydra. It is also said that the Hydra's teeth were able to raise skeletons from the dead.

8. in 14th Century.

9. Abacus was the instrument and they used to work on Roman Numerical System..

10. Gremium was the electing body who chose the King while he was crowned by Pope Clement VII.

in Game name: Vikas Bhardwaj

Alliance: India Best Country

Game: Royal Revolt II

18 hours ago, KKStar said:

Rewards

Deadline

Questions

Regards & Cheers,
KK

IGN: LacunaC

Answers:

1. The First Crusade

2. Geoffrey of Monmouth

3. Rhea

4. Cetus

5. Theseus

6. Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon, and Cocytus.

7. Hydra

8. 18th century

9. Roman numerical system. Abacus based on Greek and Roman models.

10. Charles V was selected by the seven prince-electors, namely: Albert of Brandenburg, Richard von Greiffenklau zu Vollrads, Hermann of Wied, Louis II, Louis V, Frederick III, and Joachim I Nestor.

Last but not least, thank you Google Search and Wikipedia.

17 hours ago, KKStar said:

Rewards

Deadline

Questions

Regards & Cheers,
KK

Archimides is my IGN in OR.

1) The first crusade. Greeks vs Turks, Christians vs Muslims for the "holy lands"

2) Of you mean his sort of biography, it was Geoffrey of Monmouth

3) Gaea

4) Cetus

5) Theseus, but some writings say he used a sword

6) Our famous Styx, and then we have Archeron, Cocytus, Phlegethon, and Lethe

7) Hydra

😎This has many possible answers... I will go with my fellow mathematician Ήρων, Hero of Alexandria, in the mid 1st century AD.

9) It was the Roman numeral system and the Abacus was the device. However in 12th century they also used the Arabic, or the Hindu-Arabic (some say 13th)

10) If you mean who selected the roman prince, as the emperor, it was a unanimous imperial election by the Romans, after Fredrick the III turned down the position. If you mean who selected him as a prince (?) was by inheritance. 

Royal Revolt 2

ign: Benson jutton

1. The first crusade

2. Geoffrey of Monmouth

3. Rhea

4. Cetus

5. Theseus

6. Styx, Lethe, Acheron, Phlegethon, Cocytus. Each of the five rivers had a unique function in how the Underworld worked and was named to reflect an emotion or god associated with death.

7. serpent Hydra

8. the twelfth century

9. Hindu–Arabic numeral system, the abacus or a counting board

10. the princes of Germany (by bribing them with money supplied by the powerful Fugger banking family)

I'm trying to answer the questions without using google or any other search.

1. My ancestors or their kings were not part of that international event so I don't know

2. The historian who was interested in King Arthur's life.

3. Gaea

4. The name the snakes parents gave the snake.

5. I was about to do it but Hercules beat me to it.

6. May be I can answer when I die and pass through the underworld and still those rivers have water before evil corporations manufacturing carbonated drinks drain all the water out of them rivers.

7. Serpent

8. Probably from the 17th century onward, as I have never seen them in the Renaissance paintings I have seen.

9. Roman numerals, roman calculator.

10. Charles IV

Obviously I don't know anything about these questions nor am I serious, just making funny guesses.

IGN: Surviva

IGN: Neptune24 

Game: Olympus Rising

1. The Crusades
2. Geoffrey of Monmouth
3. Rhea
4. Cetus
5. Theseus (not sure if you mean killing Minotaur)
6. Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon and Cocytus.
7. Hydra
8. 18th century
9. Roman numeral system, and with an abacus based on Greek and Roman models.
10. The college of prince-electors.

IGN: AJ 420

1. The first crusade

2. Geoffrey of Monmouth

3. Rhea

4. Cetus

5. Theseus

6. Styx, Lethe, Acheron, Phlegethon, Cocytus. Each of the five rivers had a unique function in how the Underworld worked and was named to reflect an emotion or god associated with death.

7. serpent Hydra

8. the twelfth century

10. the princes of Germany (by bribing them with money supplied by the powerful Fugger banking family)

Posted (edited)

1.       The Crusades

2.       Geoffrey of Monmouth

3.       Gaea, Rhea

4.       Perseus

5.       Theseus

6.       The five rivers are Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon, and Cocytus.

7.       Hydra

8.       9th Century in Persia

9.       The numeral system was called Arabic which was calculated with Abacus

10.   Holy Roman Emperor

My IGN: King Aditya Kumar

The game I play: Royal Revolt 2.

Alliance: HamburgStars

Edited by KingAdityaKumar
Making some changes in the answers. Adding game name.

Hello!

Please note that all the answers will be approved by me and visible a few days after the trivia event is over. This is done to ensure, that answers are not stolen from participants. Also, do not forget to add the name of the Game you play as well in order to have the gems delivered.

Thanks for understanding! :) 

1. The Crusades
2. Geoffrey of Monmouth
3. Rhea
4. Cetus
5. Theseus
6. Styx, Lethe, Cocytus, Phlegethon, Lethe
7. Hydra
8. ~1000 AD in Italy
9. Roman Numerals & Abacus
10. 7 prince-electors of Holy Roman Empire

Fiend42 in RoyalRevolt 2

Posted (edited)

1-  the First Crusades   

On November 27, 1095, Pope Urban II makes perhaps the most influential speech of the Middle Ages, giving rise to the Crusades by calling all Christians in Europe to war against Muslims in order to reclaim the Holy Land, with a cry of “Deus vult!” or “God wills it!”

2- Geoffrey of Monmouth
In the popular 12th-century book “History of the Kings of Britain,” Geoffrey of Monmouth wrote the first life story of Arthur, describing his magic sword Caliburn (later known as Excalibur), his trusted knight Lancelot, Queen Guinevere and the wizard Merlin.
3- Rhea.
4- Sea Monster Cetus -  In Greek mythology, Andromeda (/ænˈdrɒmɪdə/; Greek: Ἀνδρομέδα, Androméda or Ἀνδρομέδη, Andromédē) is the daughter of the Aethiopian king Cepheus and his wife Cassiopeia. When Cassiopeia's hubris leads her to boast that Andromeda is more beautiful than the Nereids, Poseidon sends the sea monster Cetus to ravage Andromeda as divine punishment.[1] Andromeda is chained to a rock as a sacrifice to sate the monster, but is saved from death by Perseus
5- Theseus
In Crete, Minos' daughter Ariadne fell madly in love with Theseus and helped him navigate the labyrinth. In most accounts she gave him a ball of thread, allowing him to retrace his path. Theseus killed the Minotaur with the sword of Aegeus and led the other Athenians back out of the labyrinth.
6- The five rivers are Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon, and Cocytus. Each of the five rivers had a unique function in how the Underworld worked and was named to reflect an emotion or god associated with death.
7- hydra
If you cut off one hydra head, two more would grow back in its place. It is also said that the Hydra's teeth were able to raise skeletons from the dead. There are pictures of the Hydra on vases and bronze plates dating back as far as the 7th century BC.

8- Year 1185, former village of Weedley in Yorkshire

The first evidence of a windmill can be found in Weedley, Yorkshire, England and is said to have been built in 1185. ... Recently though, there's been a growing movement to use Windmills in another fashion entirely

Windmills first appeared in Persia in the 9th century AD, and were later independently invented in Europe.

The first practical windmills had sails that rotated in a horizontal plane, around a vertical axis.[10] According to Ahmad Y. al-Hassan, these panemone windmills were invented in eastern Persia, or Khorasan, as recorded by the Persian geographer Estakhri in the ninth century.[11][12] The authenticity of an earlier anecdote of a windmill involving the second caliph Umar (AD 634–644) is questioned on the grounds that it appears in a tenth-century document.[13] Made of six to 12 sails covered in reed matting or cloth material, these windmills were used to grind grain or draw up water, and were quite different from the later European vertical windmills. Windmills were in widespread use across the Middle East and Central Asia, and later spread to China and India from there.[14]

A similar type of horizontal windmill with rectangular blades, used for irrigation, can also be found in thirteenth-century China (during the Jurchen Jin dynasty in the north), introduced by the travels of Yelü Chucai to Turkestan in 1219.[15]

Horizontal windmills were built, in small numbers, in Europe during the 18th and nineteenth centuries,[10] for example Fowler's Mill at Battersea in London, and Hooper's Mill at Margate in Kent. These early modern examples seem not to have been directly influenced by the horizontal windmills of the Middle and Far East, but to have been independent inventions by engineers influenced by the Industrial Revolution.[16]

9-  Roman Numeral System And Device is The abacus (plural abaci or abacuses), also called a counting frame, is a calculating tool that was in use in Europe, China and Russia, centuries before the adoption of the written Hindu–Arabic numeral system.[1] The exact origin of the abacus is still unknown. Today, abacuses are often constructed as a bamboo frame with beads sliding on wires, but originally they were beans or stones moved in grooves in sand or on tablets of wood, stone, or metal.

Abacuses come in different designs. Some designs, like the bead frame consisting of beads divided into tens, are used mainly to teach arithmetic, although they remain popular in the post-Soviet states as a tool. Other designs, such as the Japanese soroban, have been used for practical calculations even involving several digits. For any particular abacus design, there are usually numerous different methods to perform a certain type of calculation, which may include basic operations like addition and multiplication, or even more complex ones, such as calculating square roots. Some of these methods may work with non-natural numbers (numbers such as 1.5 and 34).

Although today many use calculators and computers instead of abacuses to calculate, abacuses still remain in common use in some countries. Merchants, traders and clerks in some parts of Eastern Europe, Russia, China and Africa use abacuses, and they are still used to teach arithmetic to children.[1] Some people who are unable to use a calculator because of visual impairment may use an abacus.

10- Charles V was selected by the seven prince-electors, namely: Albert of Brandenburg, Richard von Greiffenklau zu Vollrads, Hermann of Wied, Louis ll, Louis V, Frederick lll, and Joachim l Nestor.

…king, Charles I, who, as Charles V, was elected Holy Roman emperor in 1519 at the age of 19. The dominions of Charles V thus encircled France and incorporated the wealth of Spain overseas. By this time, Charles V had resolved to suppress Protestantism and to abandon conciliation.

Ign: Shivam The Lord

Royal Revolt 2

Edited by shivam6

Posted (edited)

Game: RR2

IGN: Zerpiron

1. The First Crusade
2. Geoffrey of Monmouth
3. Rhea
4. Cetus (In the 2010 movie it was the Kraken)
5. Theseus
6. Styx, Lethe, Acheron, Phlegethon & Cocytus
7. (Hail) Hydra
8. In the year 1185
9. Roman numeral system and device is the abacus
10. There was an imperial election and the prince-electors selected Charles V in 1519. There were 7 of them: Albert of Brandenburg, Richard von Greiffenklau zu Vollrads, Hermann of Wied, Louis II of Hungary, Louis V Elector Palatine, Frederick III Elector of Saxony, Joachim I Nestor Elector of Brandenburg.

Edited by SkyFantom

Posted (edited)

1. The crusades
2. Geoffrey of Monmouth
3. Rhea
4. Cetus
5. Theseus
7. The Hydra
8. The twelfth century
10. The princes of Germany (by bribing them with money supplied by the powerful Fugger banking family)

RR2 IGN: Krman

Edited by Karman
Forgot IGN

Game : Royal Revolt 2

IGN : Rahool007

====================================================================================================

Ans : The Crusades

On November 27, 1095, Pope Urban II makes perhaps the most influential speech of the Middle Ages, giving rise to the Crusades by calling all Christians in Europe to war against Muslims in order to reclaim the Holy Land, with a cry of “Deus vult!” or “God wills it!”

Ans : Geoffrey of Monmouth

In the popular 12th-century book “History of the Kings of Britain,” Geoffrey of Monmouth wrote the first life story of Arthur, describing his magic sword Caliburn (later known as Excalibur), his trusted knight Lancelot, Queen Guinevere and the wizard Merlin. An irresistible blend of myth and fact, the book was supposedly based on a lost Celtic manuscript that only Geoffrey was able to examine.

Ans : Rhea

Titan, in Greek mythology, any of the children of Uranus (Heaven) and Gaea (Earth) and their descendants. According to Hesiod’s Theogony, there were 12 original Titans: the brothers Oceanus, Coeus, Crius, Hyperion, Iapetus, and Cronus and the sisters Thea, Rhea, Themis, Mnemosyne, Phoebe, and Tethys.

Ans : Cetus

In Greek mythology, Andromeda was the daughter of Cepheus and Cassiopeia, king and queen of the African kingdom of Aethiopia.

Her mother Cassiopeia boasted that her daughter was more beautiful than the Nereids, the nymph-daughters of the sea god Nereus and often seen accompanying Poseidon. To punish the queen for her arrogance, Poseidon, brother to Zeus and god of the sea, sent a sea monster named Cetus to ravage Andromeda as divine punishment including the kingdom of the vain queen.

Ans : Theseus

The Athenian hero Theseus came to Crete to be fed to the Minotaur. In Crete, Minos' daughter Ariadne fell madly in love with Theseus and helped him navigate the labyrinth. In most accounts she gave him a ball of thread, allowing Theseus to retrace his path and having killed the Minotaur with his bare hands.

Ans : Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon, and Cocytus

The Ancient Greeks made sense of death by believing in an afterlife, during which the souls of those who passed would travel to and live in the Underworld. Also referred to as the kingdom of the dead, Hades was the Greek god that ruled over this part of the world.

While the Underworld may be the land of the dead in Greek mythology, it also has living botanical items. The kingdom of Hades features meadows, asphodel flowers, fruit trees, and other geographical features. Among the most famous are the five rivers of the Underworld.

The five rivers are Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon, and Cocytus. Each of the five rivers had a unique function in how the Underworld worked and was named to reflect an emotion or god associated with death.

Ans : Hydra

In Greek mythology the Hydra (or Lernaean hydra) was a serpent-like monster. The Hydra had many heads. If you cut off one hydra head, two more would grow back in its place. Hercules kills the Hydra as one of his labors.

Ans : Year 1185

The first windmills in Europe appear in sources dating to the twelfth century. These early European windmills were sunk post mills.
The earliest certain reference to a windmill in Europe (assumed to have been of the vertical type) dates from 1185, in the former village of Weedley in Yorkshire which was located at the southern tip of the Wold overlooking the Humber Estuary. A number of earlier, but less certainly dated, twelfth-century European sources referring to windmills have also been found. These earliest mills were used to grind cereals.

Ans : Roman numeral system / abacus is the tool

From the 4th to 12th Centuries, European knowledge and study of arithmetic, geometry, astronomy and music was limited mainly to Boethius’ translations of some of the works of ancient Greek masters such as Nicomachus and Euclid

All trade and calculation was made using the clumsy and inefficient Roman numeral system, and with an abacus based on Greek and Roman models.

The abacus, also called a counting frame, is a calculating tool that was in use in Europe, China and Russia, centuries before the adoption of the written Hindu–Arabic numeral system.

Ans : The seven prince-electors called to elect Maximilian's successor were:

a) Albert of Brandenburg, elector of Mainz
b) Richard von Greiffenklau zu Vollrads, elector of Trier
c) Hermann of Wied, elector of Cologne
d) Louis II of Hungary, king of Bohemia
e) Louis V, Elector Palatine, elector of the Electoral Palatinate
f) Frederick III, Elector of Saxony, elector of Electorate of Saxony
g) Joachim I Nestor, Elector of Brandenburg, elector of Brandenburg

The election followed the death of Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor on January 12, 1519. There was no German contender; the two main candidates were Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, duke of Burgundy and king of Spain, and Francis I of France, king of France. Henry VIII of England, king of England, entered himself as a candidate as well.

Charles could count on the vote of Louis II, who was married to his younger sister Mary of Hungary. He and Francis competed to exceed one another in their bribery of the remaining electors. Although full details of the election were never revealed, it is possible that the electors sought a way out of their dilemma by electing Frederick III as emperor, but that he turned them down. In the end, Charles was elected unanimously, though with some misgivings by the elector of Brandenburg. He was crowned at Aachen on October 26, 1520.

Name   : BoundingLeaf285

Game   : Royal Revolt 2.

Answers.

1.First Crusade.

2.Geoffrey of Monmouth.

3.Rhea

4.Cetus

5.Theseus 

6. Styx,  Lethe,  Acheron,  Phlegethon, and Cocytus.

7.Hydra

8. Weedley in Yorkshire. Assuming it is a Vertical windmill.

9. Numeral system -  Roman numeral system.  Device - Abacus.

10. Prince-electors of Holy Roman Empire.

Posted (edited)

Answers for Trivia no 14

IGN; Dark__Eagle

Game: royal revolt 2

1. calling all Christians in Europe to war against Muslims in order to reclaim the Holy Land

2.Geoffrey of Monmouth

3.Rhea

4.Cetus

5.Theseus

6.Styx, Lethe, Archeron, Phlegethon, and Cocytus.

7.Hydra

8.in Persia in the 9th century AD

9.device: abacus     numeral system: The numeral system came to be called "Arabic"

10.  by the elector of Brandenburg.

Edited by DarklEagle
replied to a question

Posted (edited)

IGN : Sournois

Game : RR2

Answers :

1/ the first crusade

2/ Geoffrey of Monmouth

3/ Rhea

4/ Cetus

5/ Theseus