Jump to content
FlareGames
Sign in to follow this  
Alysea

Dawn of Steel Alliance Features

Recommended Posts

Hello Commanders,

 

Recently we have introduced the Alliance feature.

We hope you all found an Alliance you can call home, and you are enjoying your time among your colleagues Pilots.

 

We are interested by your opinion about the Alliance feature, and would like to have a look at what you are expecting, what you are looking for, concerning this feature.

 

If you can spare a few minutes of your time and share your feedback here, it would be really appreciated!

 

 

How would you like to grow your Alliance? What are your expectations?

 

 

Thank you for your time and see you soon on the Battlefield!

 

Your Dawn of Steel team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Aether,

I have some suggestions.

1. Make more room in alliances. 25 isn't enough. Alliance description board that everyone can see would be helpful too.

2. Alliance within another alliance (only one). Like creating an alliance with another alliance.

3. The chat log is only 25 words. I like to know what my teammates talk about when I'm gone.

4. Some type of war between alliances. I haven't thought of anyway of making a type of war yet.

5. Alliance operations! Admiral starts an operation that's for the whole alliance. Much harder, much longer, bigger rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Babish:

 

Interesting points that you are raising...

 

Do you have some rough ideas or concrete examples on how you would like to see Alliance operations? Deeper insight in your thoughts on this would interest us... :)

 

We are currently working on point number 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Andreas.

I've been thinking about this for a while. It took me some time to find examples. Here it goes. And thanks for reading my comments :)

For alliance operations:

Alliance operations will be the whole alliance fighting a huge base, or many bases. A boss battle, in a way. And they have 24h to do this. Each player will have a number of attacks to use.

The operation will cost some type of loot (which I like to call Alliance Points). The admiral or officers, will start the operation and choose who gets to be in it.

The way to get the "Alliance Points" is by starting singleplayer operations. Once the points are accumulated, you donate them to your alliance so you can start the op.

The bases: the bases each alliance that will be face is based on alliance level. Alliance level is based on how many bases in alliance operations you beat. Alliance level works on XP. You win XP when you beat the boss battle of the operation. And lose XP for losing it. The bases get harder and harder the higher the alliance level is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see something like a campaign for the operations idea. Alliance points could be banked by the entire group. Awards can be new weapons, skins or banners.

Alliance wars could be for territory in a second orb where control for territory is fought between two or more competing alliances over a specific time period. Something that utilizes the orb in a similar manner but on an alliance scale. Again, Awards can be new weapons, skins or banners.

Get enough alliance points and can purchase aesthetic things for the alliance. In other words everyone in the alliance that is active gets the same skin or flag added to their rigs. Or bonus repair times, or speed boost or range boost that can be activated for a short amount of time. Even call it alliance abilities. Things that the group can research for or compete for.

Just spit balling here but a few ideas to add to babish's thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Alliance Wars would be cool if they looked like this!

I think it better than a more clash of clans type of thing.

Copy of Untitled drawing.png

Edited by Ars0nic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

=( wtb free alliance colors so we can look cool as we are vaporizing peoples bases.  I mean, you guys seem to get the concept. plz no pay to win and looks are everything!!!! slick skins alliance wars. well mayb not free, but mayb 200 influence instead of 6? I mean I know I want 6 rigs but omg. 600 influence per? or maybe even a skin package deal. who cares about alliance wars, for that just let people choose from a list of balanced fights in an 'enemy' alliance at any time. this will keep the fights going 24/7. I don't see an rts like this going super pro games for 100K prizes in the superdome, just let alliance leaders select alliance ally or enemy. call it a day. :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Alliance Description. Not the first to say this, and I won't be the last, either, but I'm sayin' it nonetheless

2. Expand the size. I would say 30-50 is a good number - bit small right now

3. An actual practical advantage to being in an alliance. Right now, you have nothing, bar 2 infl or so, to gain from being in an alliance. If there were, say, alliance competitions/leagues, with infl prizes, that'd be interesting. I don't think Alliance wars count as a practical advantage (just my opinion)

Those are my 2 cents. What are yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people miss interpret the fact that this is a game capable of being played on your phone. without an MMORPG style of conversion, i'd assume there are limitations on the full capabilities of a game such as this. i'll do the bullets since people seem to like those in these forums. =)

:huh: from my short life scouring the forums this is generally what I see...  people want more fights more rewards...  ok first bullet. keep calm its a game. =D think about it. what game have you played for years (if you play games for years) that have easy rewards where everyone gets a bunch of crap for practically nothing? I have played guild wars for over 10 years. why? impossible tittles, sexy skins, and great people.

^_^ alliances are pretty much fine so far, minus the free matching duds. :P the best balance of fights vs rewards would seem to give the people the option to war with other alliances by simply adding a continent, similar to the pvp island, that has enemy deemed by 2 alliance leaders to war, with a very short fight timer. in exchange and to keep the money rolling in, give tittle rewards ( Overbearing Punisher, or Alliance Beast), after 100 victories. then at the tittle requirements add in rewards for bench markings vs every battle. the game economy would go way out of whack if people get 100K credits, 1K plasma and 10 influence on a per win status.

:ph34r: this gives the options and ability to give out alliance only rewards per benchmark like free skins, free rig slots or even a rig exchange offer at 200 victories in alliance battles. this way you still have to work hard for your goodies, and its not cash based cool stuff. call it a rewards program for playing the game and being in an alliance. rewards for being in an alliance for x months to help alliance keep people. and daily rewards for being in an alliance. 

besides anything else this is why I played a game for years and given them lots of money on a free to play game. loyalty to the customers, loyalty to the core gamers willing to do the hard stuff to get veteran perks that noobs don't get till they play for years (or grind for weeks/months)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2016 at 0:24 PM, Andreas said:

@Babish:

 

Interesting points that you are raising...

 

Do you have some rough ideas or concrete examples on how you would like to see Alliance operations? Deeper insight in your thoughts on this would interest us... :)

 

We are currently working on point number 4.

 

On 2/2/2016 at 0:17 AM, Babish said:

@Andreas.

I've been thinking about this for a while. It took me some time to find examples. Here it goes. And thanks for reading my comments :)

For alliance operations:

Alliance operations will be the whole alliance fighting a huge base, or many bases. A boss battle, in a way. And they have 24h to do this. Each player will have a number of attacks to use.

The operation will cost some type of loot (which I like to call Alliance Points). The admiral or officers, will start the operation and choose who gets to be in it.

The way to get the "Alliance Points" is by starting singleplayer operations. Once the points are accumulated, you donate them to your alliance so you can start the op.

The bases: the bases each alliance that will be face is based on alliance level. Alliance level is based on how many bases in alliance operations you beat. Alliance level works on XP. You win XP when you beat the boss battle of the operation. And lose XP for losing it. The bases get harder and harder the higher the alliance level is.

@Babish @Andreas

Hey guys!

 

I would suggest you have a look at this game mechanics form another very good game http://samurai-siege.wikia.com/wiki/Conquest_War

Looks like it could be the thing @Babish is describing.. More or less so..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2016 at 11:17 PM, Babish said:

Hi Aether,

I have some suggestions.

1. Make more room in alliances. 25 isn't enough. Alliance description board that everyone can see would be helpful too.

2. Alliance within another alliance (only one). Like creating an alliance with another alliance.

3. The chat log is only 25 words. I like to know what my teammates talk about when I'm gone.

4. Some type of war between alliances. I haven't thought of anyway of making a type of war yet.

5. Alliance operations! Admiral starts an operation that's for the whole alliance. Much harder, much longer, bigger rewards.

i strongly support all these points and especially those i marked bold

i know you are working on #4, so no bold there )

Edited by flashbackflip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes agree with babish too, i think that a clan war with a system like royal revolt 2 could be fun.

I'm a bit worried that the last admin post for this topic was on January....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2016 at 2:22 AM, Xeo said:

I'm a bit worried that the last admin post for this topic was on January....

yep.. long time silence bothers me as well.. i've seen games go down this way.. dont wanna this happen to DoS, especially when i started playing just recently))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm first post was lost and all the details.  I spent a while on it.  Short story: war between alliances.  Use their own player bases and let them attack. Team with most % destroyed total wins.  Shame the post with all the details was lost.

Edited by Pugroo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to browse and play alliance-mate's battle replays so we can study from the admiral and officers, and other senior members of alliance. I know we already havee replay share, but it's not hurt to see all replays available, not all members have desire to share replays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2016 at 10:07 PM, Alysea said:

Hello Commanders,

 

Recently we have introduced the Alliance feature.

We hope you all found an Alliance you can call home, and you are enjoying your time among your colleagues Pilots.

 

We are interested by your opinion about the Alliance feature, and would like to have a look at what you are expecting, what you are looking for, concerning this feature.

 

If you can spare a few minutes of your time and share your feedback here, it would be really appreciated!

 

 

How would you like to grow your Alliance? What are your expectations?

 

 

Thank you for your time and see you soon on the Battlefield!

 

Your Dawn of Steel team

Come on guys, its been a half year since this alliance war topic comes out but no further updates we received. No major update Since 3 months ago, no active admin inside the game to interact with player, we start to worry here. You guys still there ?  Major development still going ?  Alliance war ia not a dream ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently the community as a whole is in a holding pattern. Unfortunately the only thing we can do is wait for an official announcement. I agree totally that it has been a long wait. However if the game is either being revamped by a new team, or a new team is being hired it may well take some time to see anything develop which is sad.

I myself continue to check the forums daily ( we were spammed in two forums a few days ago ) to keep things in as much order as I can, and will wait till we either get word of something, or the servers close.

Personally I believe there is a transition taking place which is why the wait is so long. I can't see such a unique game being shelved, as it is so far along in development and is a great game in its own right.

lets hope for a brighter future and keep the flames alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to be able to do some Plasma and Credit gifting to members. The amount you could donate at one time would be limited by your dropship level.

Also, the addition of a transmitter building to allow members to assost in attacks or even defend bases when online. The level of the transmitter would determine what Ranks could join and the maximum number. Each member would only be able to contribute one rig. Not sure If that could even be possible on mobile devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm Admiral of Blue Star Alliance and I wish there was some bonus like income boost if you join. Just talking to people is not enough incentive for pilots to join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Day Everyone.

I think it would be wonderful if Alliance members were allow to trade and sell there resources such as guns and plasma to each other.

For example when you upgrade you normally upgrade your weapons and core and so on. So instead of selling it and it just disappears, I think we should be allowed to sell our old weapons to other members in our alliance at a lower price than the market.

That way the idea of joining an alliance would be more appealing and it would add a new dimension to the game.

 

Let me know what you think?

Edited by Alphanso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...